Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millsy
    replied
    BSU's Zach Driscoll and MSUM's Dryden McKay have been named in the 10 semifinalists for the Mike RIchter award, given out to the top goalie nationwide.

https://www.uscho.com/2020/03/24/ten...i-mens-hockey/

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

I thought they had a really good chance of being top seed in Allentown. Already planned to use a vacation day for a game.
    I agree. I was so hopeful. "What might have been". We will never know.

Leave a comment:

• njmav1
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post
    I think that this was the best Mav team ever. Now I'll never know.
    I thought they had a really good chance of being top seed in Allentown. Already planned to use a vacation day for a game.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Mavs McKay, Marchaelis named first team All American.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2020/3...YLVbnyyjZVhpMA

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    I think that this was the best Mav team ever. Now I'll never know.

Leave a comment:

• Millsy
    replied
    All NCAA Championships for the D-I winter and spring seasons have been cancelled. THIS SUCKS!

As a Beaver fan, we actually had a team that had a better than 50% chance at the tournament, a first since the 2010 tournament. UGH!

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Millsy View Post
    The rest of the WCHA post season is cancelled

http://www.wcha.com/men/articles/202...-cancelled.php

Mankato will be in the NCAAs, if they are held. BSU is on the bubble right now at 12, but as other leagues play out their playoffs, they could drop. I can't see them rising as they don't have any non-conference wins. Everyone else for the WCHA is out.
    Next question- are the NCAAs actually going to be held? It sounds like some big names in basketball say that they are out.

Leave a comment:

• Millsy
    replied
    The rest of the WCHA post season is cancelled

http://www.wcha.com/men/articles/202...-cancelled.php

Mankato will be in the NCAAs, if they are held. BSU is on the bubble right now at 12, but as other leagues play out their playoffs, they could drop. I can't see them rising as they don't have any non-conference wins. Everyone else for the WCHA is out.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Yale followed Harvard in withdrawing from hockey. Reseeding is being done. Cornell and Princeton are still in.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ithdrawing.php

Leave a comment:

• Millsy
    replied
    WCHA Semifinals are set!

#1 Minnesota State will host #6 Michigan Tech
    #2 Bemidji State will host #5 Bowling Green

Looking at the Pairwise rankings, with BSU's 2-1 record against Lake Superior State, they dropped from 10th to 12th. So, they will need to win the Bowling Green series to have a chance at an at large berth. Minnesota State will be in the tournament, no matter what happens, Michigan Tech and Bowling Green need to win the conference tournament in order to make it.

Leave a comment:

• Millsy
    replied
    Playoff hockey attendance. Even with conferences returning to higher seed hosting instead of neutral sites, the crowds are way down. Gophers beat Notre Dame to advance in front of another meager crowd- not Minnesota high school state tournament today!

Playoff Hockey has almost always had attendance issues, especially in Minnesota. The first round always seems to be right around the High School Hockey Tournament, which should just be a state holiday as nothing much gets done that week anyway. HS Hockey can put 19,000 plus seats in the Xcel Center for the AA Semis and Finals, and OUTDRAW every NHL game played those night. Add to that Spring Break starting at most schools pulling a large amount of the student population away. And a lot of fans wait to see what happens/save money for the semifinals and/or finals.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

I wonder if the BTN money makes up for it this.

Leave a comment:

• njmav1
    replied
    I wonder if the BTN money makes up for it this.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Playoff hockey attendance. Even with conferences returning to higher seed hosting instead of neutral sites, the crowds are way down. Gophers beat Notre Dame to advance in front of another meager crowd- not Minnesota high school state tournament today!

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    I'm embarrassed for the Gophers. Home playoff game vs Notre Dame. I saw another one from last night when both teams were on the ice playing. Announced crowd of 2012. Looks more like 212. Mariucci holds more than 9000.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X