Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Get your behinds out to the games this weekend. Two tough ones. Give some support.

Ship will be very interesting. Rosters built the same. Same offense. Same defense.

I'd love to win both but at minimum split the weekend. They can't get swept.

This 7-0 has been far from perfect so there are some legit concerns this weekend.

The visitors haven't really been tested yet so IUP has that going for it.

Comment

And let's get some folks to the women's games as well. Maybe a decent up and coming team here. They're worth taking a look at as well.

Comment

Ship 87
        IUP 80

IUP came from 20 down. Had lead with 1:57 left. Four straight (careless) turnovers. Adios.

Ship shot 36-40 from foul line.

Comment

IUP 4-8 from line.

Quite a difference from Ship 36-40.

All other thoughts I'll keep to myself. Not a good day.

Comment

• And just like that... The Atlantic Regional will be played in the ASRC in March. Okay so maybe that's a rush to judgement. Maybe not considering that you can only lose 1-2 games max to host over WL. But, I digress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Big win for the IUP women today as they continue their most impressive ascent into a quality basketball team. They took down a 5-1 Lady Red Raiders team in convincing fashion. Megan Smith was epic with 25 points, 8 boards, 3 assists, 3 steals, and 2 blocks. She certainly looks to be among the cream of the crop in the PSAC. Carolyn Appleby added 14 points while Lauren Wolosik contributed 13 points to the victorious effort. A bit of a coming out party for post Brittany Robinson with 9 points and 9 rebounds and an incredible 7 blocked shots.

A few assorted thoughts:

-The girl who sang the national anthem before both games was fantastic, particularly the one before the women's game. Great voice. You just don't hear that sort of talent in what passes as today's contemporary music industry. She absolutely killed it.

-Great job by Tom McConnell with his rotations throughout the game. This team runs deep---and they are just scratching the surface of what they can be with a lot of young players.

-Jack Benedict and Jeff Reed were outstanding on the broadcast. Reed had the line of the day about the IRMC Block Party, in regards to all the blocked shots by the IUP defenders.

-This team is fun to watch with their ultra-up-tempo attack. Reminds one of the days of Cindy Martin.

Tough outing for the men. I think we all knew that Chris Fite would be do a great job at Ship. Maybe his Red Raiders get into the conversation later this winter regarding the regional rankings.

Hopefully both IUP teams are ready to go tomorrow for Kutztown.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                I don't recall a men's weekend at the KCAC with two bigger games.

Shippensburg (5-0) and No. 9 Kutztown (6-0) ... I know we hear a lot about "it's only November/December" ... well, how'd that theory work out last year.

Both of these teams, in particular, aren't going away and will be viewed as (hopefully) big wins come selection time.

Some notes on Ship:

* 5-0
                * Tomorrow at KCAC will be first road game
                * Led by 6'8" forward Dustin Sleva (20.8 ppg & 12.2 rebounds per game) & guard Antonio Kellam (16.2 ppg)
                * Opened season with two Penn State branches
                * Next three games were all blowouts -- 20 points over Rock, 32 over Edinboro and 18 over Wilmington
                * Defensively, the Red Raiders smothered Edinboro star Jaymon Mason ... holding to just 6 points
                * Obviously the Fite connection makes them very aware of Joe's philosophies on both ends
                * Came on very strong at end of last year
                * A recruit I really wanted IUP to get, Daylon Carter, isn't playing much (6 mpg)
                * Most points allowed (73) against Boro -- very impressive defensive numbers to this point
                * Certainly a case can be made they haven't played a good team yet
                Two of those wins were 'filler' wins against Penn State-Wilkes-Barre and Penn State-Fayette.
                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

IUP wins thriller at KCAC over Kutztown, 77-76.

Cottrell hit game winner with a second left.

Comment

Two Top 12 teams. Sunday afternoon. Attendance: 816

Amazingly awful and embarrassing. Missed quite a show.
                    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 12-04-2016, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Missed quite a show.
                      Missed the show. Watching the NFL.

That's a huge win for the IUP men. Cottrell the hero. I see no double figure scoring for Cobo nor Danielak.

IUP gals make it five in a row. 20 for Appleby and 18 for Robinson. This team is on a roll.

Congrats to both teams and way to unleash hell in December!

Comment

Some great IUP hoops action photos from Sunday in today's local edition by Indiana Gazette photographer Kevin Stiffler. Very nice.

Comment

Not too sure how much longer they keep Spain coming off the bench ... I think it's time he gets a spot.

He just makes too much happen. Living with the sporadic moments may be worth it. He's probably one of the best defenders in the conference.

I'd like to see the starting unit be Glover, Dante, Spain, Cobo and Cottrell. Hutton, Danielak and Miller play the sixth man role. Hutton, my opinion, may be more effective as the sixth man in the right combination.

I know Joe likes Spain in that spark plug role but he's too good not to be getting 25-30 minutes a game. Their press is average when he's not in ... very good when he's in. Their defensive numbers are also much better when he's on the floor.

As a whole this hasn't been a great defensive team so far. Joe's words ... not mine. Keep the Flock calm.

They are finding ways to win. Lots of contributors. Last year's team would probably be 5-4 right now compared to 8-1.

Danielak has slumped a bit. He's a big piece and opens a lot up when he's hitting shots. He has a nice shot ... just needs to shoot his way out of it.
                          Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 12-05-2016, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Not too sure how much longer they keep Spain coming off the bench ... I think it's time he gets a spot.

He just makes too much happen. Living with the sporadic moments may be worth it. He's probably one of the best defenders in the conference.

I'd like to see the starting unit be Glover, Dante, Spain, Cobo and Cottrell. Hutton, Danielak and Miller play the sixth man role. Hutton, my opinion, may be more effective as the sixth man in the right combination.

I know Joe likes Spain in that spark plug role but he's too good not to be getting 25-30 minutes a game. Their press is average when he's not in ... very good when he's in. Their defensive numbers are also much better when he's on the floor.

As a whole this hasn't been a great defensive team so far. Joe's words ... not mine. Keep the Flock calm.

They are finding ways to win. Lots of contributors. Last year's team would probably be 5-4 right now compared to 8-1.

Danielak has slumped a bit. He's a big piece and opens a lot up when he's hitting shots. He has a nice shot ... just needs to shoot his way out of it.
                            I have to fully agree with you here. I'm a big Spain fan as well. He makes things happen and just adds another gear and dimension with his speed.

The Flock of Joe supports your assertion here. Sustained!

Comment

I was looking at Mansfield's page and noticed Jeremiah Worthem hasn't played since they beat Duquesne in the exhibition. He went off against the Dukes (25 points, 10 boards).

Anybody know what the deal is ... he's still on the roster. Hurt, I assume?

Comment

IUP wins, 82-69, over Mansfield.

#crapshow

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X