Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I don't think it matters much who they play on Wednesday but whom would you rather play?
    I agree, It doesn't matter much. If they go slow zone, I think Liggetts hurts you more than Vescovi, Edinboro's back court isn't very good. so ? depends

Comment

Lost in yesterday's debacle ... On a positive note the ladies are 25-2 and in a great position to host the PSAC Finals this weekend.

Tom gets the winner of Gannon at Seton Hill on Wednesday.

The other side of the bracket is much more difficult ... Edinboro, Cal and West Chester are on that side.

It's their show now.

Comment

What if Daunte plays??? Food for thought...

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
          What if Daunte plays??? Food for thought...
          We don't know how bad the break is, but the paper said it was his right hand, so I doubt he will play, if he does, he will be limited.

The morning radio guys were joking that Jack Benedict - the announcer - might play - I guess he was good in back in the day of the two handed set shot, and the underhanded free throw.

Comment

I don't know how he even took that last shot with a broken wrist. Adrenaline, I suppose. It would, however, lead you to believe it's not a severe break. If it was, he wouldn't have even been able to dribble. The Gazette said he was out. He was on and off the floor so much Saturday it's hard to pinpoint when it happened. That game was basically a WWE match. Blake is your new shooting guard.

If I had to pick the opponent I'd probably lean more toward UPJ. They rely on the trey a lot and there's always the chance you catch them on the rare off night -- much like SRU did two weeks ago. They also play a short rotation so there's at least the chance somebody could get in early foul trouble. But, IUP has 35 points and its two 'floor stretchers' out of its lineup. Not sure how they make that up.

Edinboro would just cause them far too many problems. If they were to play man you'd have Blake being forced to guard one of those big, fast guards. No chance. The only advantage to an Edinboro match-up is their defense is non-existent. Malik could really attack the rim against them.

Just to have that punchers chance they'll have to keep the game in the 50s or low 60s. Make it the Malik and Cobo show and the others chip in where they can.

I'm interested to see the offense. You aren't going to see the typical IUP performance jacking up 35-40 treys. That's the only card they hold right now ... little element of surprise. Cobo can take a game over. I think they're a heavy dog regardless of who they play but it will at least be interesting to watch it unfold. Jalen Vaughns is the big wild card. I wouldn't be surprise if Vaughns starts and Blake is the 6th man. Blake is very foul prone and they'll need to buy him some time.

Cobo, Willem, Malik and Hutton best carb load. They're probably going 38-40 minutes.

Comment

If I were IUP, I would prefer to see Edinboro. They have very little after Liggins, Mason, and Coleman. That said, those three are a handful and can score in bunches, but a team like IUP that will really lack depth would prefer to stop three guys compared to a team like UPJ. Staunch will be no match for Diaz.

Comment

Flip a coin, either match up can cause trouble in different ways. As far as the Gazette saying Daunte's is out, don't necisarrily buy into that. All Tony heard is the word "broke." He could be taped up and used in a sparingly way. If all he can do is dribble and pass then that is better than Benton. He obviously thought he could play Saturday so why not Wednesday! (Wishful thinking)

Comment

Tell you what ... I finally found the first technical on Glover.

What a tragedy.

Compared to what else I've seen this year ... the Edinboro games ... the Slippery Rock stuff.

To throw out a double technical for that (Glover and SH) ... give me a freaking break. Watch it for yourself. It's on the video at approximately the 1:17 mark. The SH player starts walking toward Glover and Willem steps in between them. That was it.

That's simply a case of jabroni referees wanting to feel too important. These clowns want to be a part of the outcome. Those three idiots didn't call a thing all day and then turned in to Robocop in the final 7 minutes.

The second one ... that whole sequence isn't all visible on camera. Some of it is.

What an embarrassment to the league. No wonder nobody watches this stuff.

Don't get me wrong. You do the crime you do the time. Anthony Glover is doing the time for no crime.

IT IS AMAZING THEY CANNOT REVIEW THAT SEQUENCE. I had to watch it five times.

I'd rather see IUP just say F it and not play Wednesday out of protest.

Shame on the PSAC. One of your best and most-respected student-athletes -- on and off the court -- and you let him get screwed like that. There is no way in the world that was a Class A Technical Foul.

My last comment on the topic. Anthony is one of the best young men to come through this league in a long time. Total Travesty. The best part is the video exists. The PSAC doesn't control it so they can't hide it. Plain as day.

Comment

I said it before that Glover being suspended isn't right!!! The PSAC refs especially that hack crew and Commish are a dang joke!!!

Comment

No biggie ... just find the lost 36ppg on the bench somewhere. Lol.

Comment

Can't compare it to previous years but thanks to the PSAC app I've watched a ton of PSAC basketball this season and the refs have been terrible. Last night's Edinboro game they kept calling some dubious fouls including a ton of charges. Then when they came out of halftime and very few charging calls even though I didn't notice players adjusting their play.

Comment

Joe addressed the situation in the Gazette today. Lot of quotes.

One interesting one: We're going to play everybody available on the roster.

The article never mentioned Foster playing.

It also said Dante has a broken bone near his hand and is officially out of the PSAC Tournament. It didn't state if he could return if there is a next weekend.

He took a little jab at Seton Hill at the end of the article ... assuming at Spencer Casson.

I could be reading it wrong but Joe seemed a little defeated.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            Joe addressed the situation in the Gazette today. Lot of quotes.

One interesting one: We're going to play everybody available on the roster.

The article never mentioned Foster playing.

It also said Dante has a broken bone near his hand and is officially out of the PSAC Tournament. It didn't state if he could return if there is a next weekend.

He took a little jab at Seton Hill at the end of the article ... assuming at Spencer Casson.

I could be reading it wrong but Joe seemed a little defeated.

Comment

I tend to agree - he could have complained about officiating, goons, and other things, and no one would have faulted him, but he is moving forward. I do get the impression he's going to not make major identity changes, just play with the next man up, hope to get someone that plays up to the challenge - didn't sound to me like he would burn fosters redshirt.

Comment

To clarify, I meant he seemed a little defeated on his show ... not the text in the article. Tony was trying to bait him ... and he caught himself a few times. Joe's a professional at keeping his cards close to the vest.

I don't think he'll burn the redshirt, either. Then again, if they are, he sure wasn't going to tell the world about it.

The surprise factor is the only thing they have going at this point.

This is a 'referee' game now for IUP. If they nitpick everything and IUP gets in foul trouble .... turn off the lights. You'll be able to tell a lot tomorrow by which crew walks out of the tunnel.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X