X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Dante Lombardi ... broken wrist.
    Left or Right ? With no Glover or Lombardi for the next game, you can forget about the tournament. Will Lombardi be ready for regionals ?

Comment

I think seton hill got into a brawl with west chester earlier in the season. Not a lot of winners over at that basketball program. The coach should have been gone long time ago. IUP season is done if Dante is hurt.

Comment

I'm not sure. I assume it's his 'left' as he took the shot with 5 seconds left yesterday. Unless it happened after the shot. I don't know.

The game is not available on the PSAC On Demand -- the only one not available, by the way. Any game with an issue the league won't put up there. Apparently they like to pretend nothing happened.

But, you're correct. They'll get hammered Wednesday night. I'm not even buying tickets. This nonsense finally caught up to them and Anthony is going to sit.

I wouldn't go assuming anything about a postseason invitation at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post
          I think seton hill got into a brawl with west chester earlier in the season. Not a lot of winners over at that basketball program. The coach should have been gone long time ago. IUP season is done if Dante is hurt.

They did get in the melee with West Chester. That said, I'm not a total homer. IUP had this coming. This was like what, the 6th or 7th incident this team has had this year. Now they they're going to pay the price and get shellacked in their own building on Wednesday night.

It sure changes the outlook of tomorrow night's UPJ/Edinboro game.

Comment

• Comment

Offsetting technicals on Glover and a SH player around 7 minutes left.

About two minutes later offsetting technicals on Blake and a SH player. Ten seconds later offsetting technicals on Blondin and Glover.

Nothing physical. All verbal. Anthony got ejected for getting a second Class A technical. By rule, since it happened in the second half, he's out the next game.

Dante broke his wrist.

That's the nutshell version.

Comment

• How did Dante break his wrist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not sure. I assume it's his 'left' as he took the shot with 5 seconds left yesterday. Unless it happened after the shot. I don't know.

The game is not available on the PSAC On Demand -- the only one not available, by the way. Any game with an issue the league won't put up there. Apparently they like to pretend nothing happened.

But, you're correct. They'll get hammered Wednesday night. I'm not even buying tickets. This nonsense finally caught up to them and Anthony is going to sit.

I wouldn't go assuming anything about a postseason invitation at this point.
                  ITs available on the westmoreland network, looks like bull****, though you can't see exactly what happened - at most they bumped chests and talked crap - Seton Hill was equally at fault, and no one ejected on their side as far as I can tell. Flickanger had no idea what happened. If I were Joe I'd appeal - not that it would work. Its at about 1:21:30 https://www.meridix.com/event/132017

Comment

I don't know exactly when it happened. They didn't know it was broken until they returned to Indiana and he had x-rays.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                      ITs available on the westmoreland network, looks like bull****, though you can't see exactly what happened - at most they bumped chests and talked crap - Seton Hill was equally at fault, and no one ejected on their side as far as I can tell. Flickanger had no idea what happened. If I were Joe I'd appeal - not that it would work. Its at about 1:21:30 https://www.meridix.com/event/132017

You can see it all starts on the loose ball tie-up. Hutton definitely shouldered the SH point guard. Then Blake got involved when the PG made a fist. The other SH player appeared to inadvertently run in to Glover and then Blondin got involved.

Glover's first technical is harder to see. That occurred about two minutes before the main circus broke out.

What a shame to see a season head to the finish like this ...

You get beat you get beat ... but this .....

They've been doing this crap all year, too. They have one real bad instigator that starts almost all of it.
                      Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-25-2018, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Comment

You can see it all starts on the loose ball tie-up. Hutton definitely shouldered the SH point guard. Then Blake got involved when the PG made a fist. The other SH player appeared to inadvertently run in to Glover and then Blondin got involved.

Glover's first technical is harder to see. That occurred about two minutes before the main circus broke out.

What a shame to see a season head to the finish like this ...

You get beat you get beat ... but this .....

They've been doing this crap all year, too. They have one real bad instigator that starts almost all of it.
                          I don't think any fancy coaching will get them out of this one. Put in Vaughns and let them play street ball is probably the best bet. Still, how will you feel if you miss their biggest upset win in a long time.

Comment

Joe can pull a Pat Narduzzi and burn Armoni Foster's redshirt.

It happens in extreme situations. This certainly qualifies.

Comment

Joe can pull a Pat Narduzzi and burn Armoni Foster's redshirt.

It happens in extreme situations. This certainly qualifies.
                              I hope not. I suppose he could start Diaz, Danielak Willem, Malik and hutton and really slow it down. Old time BB. maybe get a once in a lifetime Defensive performance by Benton.

Comment

That's the lineup. No other choice. Vaughns is 6th man. Benton will come in to give some quick breathers.

I also don't think he'd burn the redshirt but it has happened in the past. Pitt had to do it and the kid beat Miami. I'm sure it's at least being discussed today.

If they get another game after Wednesday (big if) ... I suppose Anthony goes to PG and Malik starts. Blake and Vaughns come off bench.

I don't think it matters much who they play on Wednesday but whom would you rather play?

Cobo and Malik will have to go nuts and the rest will have to chip in some. They can get some offense out of Vaughns. He can play. Joe has to play him now. Willem and Blake need to have their best games of the year. Hutton, too.

I agree about the pace. Slow it down and try to keep the game in the 50s. The only thing ... literally ... IUP has going for it Wednesday is a little element of surprise ... as I'm sure IUP doesn't even know the strategy yet. With Blake, Willem and Cobo playing together they will have a very big lineup out there. They'll have to play zone the whole game and see what happens.

If they can stay out of foul trouble they may be able to hang around for a bit. Malik should have been starting anyway in my opinion. It's his show now. My guess is you see a lot of Malik driving the lane as that's his strength. The offense will likely be him driving it and if can get to the rim take the shot or dump to Cobo/Willem. His driving should also get Blake some open looks from outside.

Gotta play the hand you're dealt.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X