We're ready for the 'goon' ..... lol.

Comment

• Comment

• Re: Iup basketball

I forgot. Edinboro announcers refer to him as 'enforcer'

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
          Congrats to the IUP Women on a BIG win over Cal by a 79-49 score. Way to be tough!

Now a huge game looms on Wednesday night against Boro that could very well settle who gets to host the PSAC tourney on the women's side.

I believe the last time the IUP gals hosted a PSAC tourney was 2008.

-
          What's going on in PSAC WBB? I've seen both Cal and IUP and one team isn't close to 30 points better than the other. And how on earth can the same Mercyhurst team that won against both Cal and IUP get blown out twice by Gannon?

Comment

It was the first time I've ever seen the IUP women just do anything they wanted against Cal. Modern era.

The first game IUP got in foul trouble. Yesterday Cal did.

It was one of those days IUP was hot and Cal wasn't near its normal self. Parsons was mentally shot over some calls.

Odds are they'll play again ... either in the PSACs or NCAAs.

Thirty points won't happen again ... but it was nice last night.

Tom owed them a little run-up dating back a few years.

Comment

I haven't actually looked it up or anything, but I believe that this may very well be IUP WBB's most successful regular season in program history provided they win the last two.

Looks like IUP gals can clinch home court with a win over Boro on Wed. But you gotta watch that Stanley Swank. If ever there was a wily slickster---it would be him.

-

Comment

He was at the KCAC last night. Must have came straight from Clarion. He sat right behind the Cal bench.

Comment

Irish Tom and his charges better have their A-game ready to go then. Stanley is no dummy and you can bet your bottom dollar that he will be pulling out all the stops come Wed. nite.

It's hard to believe that he has been with the Lady Scots since 1987. Goodness, that was a long time ago. Reagan in the White House then. You don't get that kind of staying power by being stupid.

-

Comment

Correct.

This is the closest thing to a playoff doubleheader here in a long, long time.

The women's game has some high stakes:
                    * PSAC West title (in all probability)
                    * Hosting the PSAC Tournament
                    * Potential impact of hosting the regional

The men's game:

-- Edinboro still has an outside hope of playing in March. A road win tomorrow would give its resume a huge boost. The Fighting Scots could also get up to third place in the West with a win and SRU loss at Gannon.

-- Currently at 7 losses, this is essentially a must-win game for IUP. A loss tomorrow prior to the PSAC Tournament would likely spell doom. IUP can possibly survive another loss -- but it needs to come (if it comes) in the tournament and not the regular season.

Add to it there was some (some) hostility from the first meeting between these two. I'd call it a 'somewhat' chippy game ... so there are some good story-lines.

I fully expect the largest crowd of the year at the KCAC tomorrow. Granted, that's not saying much this year.

It will be a big stage. Bright lights. Camera crews rolling. Who is going to get the stage fright? Will Edinboro let the first couple rows of the KCAC get in its head as we've seen happen to so many others? Can Cleary win a huge game in what will be a tough road environment? Both teams have a couple mismatches. Edinboro has better guards. IUP has better post players ... likely a little more overall depth now with Malik back.

Not going to be an easy one to predict ...

Comment

• Comment

IUP men better keep the peddle to the metal!!!

Comment

Thriller. Great game. IUP won by 8 points ... it was much closer than that ...

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            Thriller. Great game. IUP won by 8 points ... it was much closer than that ...
                            IUPa bigs didn't dominate the way they should have. I thought Cobo had a bad night on offense. He did rattle #3 I thought though

Comment

Agreed. IUP kind of played Edinboro's game. Joe fired up 35 treys.

Cobo did do pretty good on Liggins. He went 0-6 from deep and they never let him get a clean look. He did still go for 20 points. He's a special player. IUP has to get more out of Willem. Put stick 'em on his hands. Something. If he catches the ball he has about 20 more dunks this season.

I was waiting for the Staunch vs Lombardi fued .... sure enough it resurfaced. I was very imoressed with Liggins after the scuffle. He shook hands and was the cool head.

BTW, how about the charge called on Lombardi against Staunch in the first half. Defensive tackle weighs 270 pounds and acted like Jim Brown hit him. Flop of the year ... Oscar worthy lol.

Tremendous crowd tonight ... listed at just under 2,200. It was a lively one. They were on Staunch and Mason pretty hard all night.

Blake hit three big treys early.

Malik was the radio player of the game. What a different team with him back. His steal and layup clinched it. Big moment for him. Glover went for 19.

BTW, ... no hurry to play Edinboro again. Not easy to beat a team like that three times. Sooner or later you catch them on the night they can't miss.

Comment

How about the IUP ladies tonight ... 67-53 over Edinboro.

Tom's now 24-2 ... the resume got a huge boost tonight.

Edinboro drops to 22-3.

These two likely won't avoid each other very long. Round 3 and possibly Round 4 are likely in the near future.

It appears after getting the first round bye this coming Monday, IUP will host the winner of Seton Hill vs Gannon next Wednesday in the KCAC.

The men will host the winner of (probably) UPJ and Edinboro to round out the doubleheader.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X