Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Re: Iup basketball

I'm really trying to figure out why KR is crying about calls. IUP is getting hammered every time the drive and no calls. Glover just got cut in half on a lay up attempt and no call.

Comment

How does Joe not call a time out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• They certainly made that interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just wow... Glover with ice water in his veins! Great win with how short the bench was.

Comment

Ice

Comment

Some call it ice water, some call it ice, we here at IUP call it Bravado!

Looks like things didn't quite work out for the Rockheads. LOL.

IUP men take a big step up in the PSAC West race for supremacy.

-

Comment

Looks like IUP could be thin again on Saturday night. According to Bravado, Malik was released earlier today from a Pittsburgh hospital. They never said the extent of his injury/burns. Prayers to that fine young man.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                    Looks like IUP could be thin again on Saturday night. According to Bravado, Malik was released earlier today from a Pittsburgh hospital. They never said the extent of his injury/burns. Prayers to that fine young man.
                    Prayers that he is okay!

Comment

It was in the paper last game he lost his cousin. I was told at the game about the funeral. Hope he's OK.

Comment

It has to make one wonder what Kevin Reynolds was thinking.

The whole gym knew IUP only had six players. Malik Miller wasn't in the building. Jalen Vaughns was in street clothes with an ankle injury.

Then, very quickly, Willem gets two fouls. IUP has to pull a walk-on from the deep bench. Who, by the way, has played about 7 mop-up minutes all season.

And, like so many Rock teams before, they couldn't cash in on it. They played like knuckleheads ... dirty street ball on a night all they had to do was play clean.

Reynolds couldn't keep the team from playing playground ball in the first 20 minutes. He, too, of course blew up. IUP got the reward in the first half when SRU was called for a double technical. One on No. 24 and shortly thereafter one on Reynolds himself. Anthony Glover hit all four foul shots ... kind of an important 4 free points.

No. 24 was a little dirty tonight. No way around it. He should have been ejected for throwing a punch. On the technical play he went to the ground for a loose ball (jump ball). Then kept going after the whistle ... throwing the punch at an IUP player on his back. Joe went on to the floor. He was in the middle of multiple other dust-ups. It's a shame because he's a talented player when he's not more occupied in the charades.

To SRU's credit, they played much better in the second half and overcame a 15-point deficit to take a late 5-point lead late in the game. They hit some big, big time shots.

IUP was completely gassed with about 10 minutes left. Understandably. With Willem in foul trouble and Joe trying to save him, IUP played a long stretch Iron Man. But as always, they go all 40 minutes. Glover's three with 4.8 seconds left will go down as one of the more memorable shots in recent history. It brought a large IUP contingent to its feet. I put it up there with the Norfleet shot.

SRU played well enough to win the game. You could maybe say they should have won the game. It was there to take. Several times.

But, as is their trademark, they imploded. The Rock hit just 52 percent of its free throws, including several devastating misses down the stretch -- keeping the game a one possesion contest. They got outrebounded when it mattered most. They made some extremely inopportune turnovers in the final five minutes.

Slippery Rock again didn't shake hands during player introductions. They are the only PSAC team not to do so. Reynolds approached Glover during a timeout. I don't know what he said. Joe went nuts over it. Reynolds blew up at the scorers table at halftime. No idea why.

Willem was effectively out of the gameplan once he got his second foul and then third. It was obvious IUP only had 3 scoring options. Cobo went for 29. Glover finished with 20 and Dante had 14 points. Hutton only took one shot and missed. Blake had one three-pointer. Willem had 3-4 points. That's it. SRU still couldn't stop them in the final minutes when it was obvious only three were taking shots.

Blake and Hutton were the unsung heroes of the game. They played well defensively. Blake got stuck on the gigantic Michah Till all night and hung in there. Till finished several points below his season average.

SRU is a good team. I think they get a little too juiced to play IUP. I've watched several of their games. They don't get into all the shenanigans against other teams. It again cost them tonight. That's undeniable.

Great win for IUP. SRU had a great crowd of about 2,000 or so. It was loud in there. IUP travelled very well. Joe obviously has a situation on his hands now. Playing with six isn't going to work very long. Most importantly let's hope Malik is doing OK. That's way more important than basketball.

I wouldn't rule out a Round 3. It could happen. Doubtful, though.
                        Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-31-2018, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Great analysis! I couldn't have said it better myself. No reason why SRU shouldn't have won that game. They were their own worst nightmare and it started with the coach!!! Players take on the demeanor of their coach and KR lost it again and so did the players!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                            Great analysis! I couldn't have said it better myself. No reason why SRU shouldn't have won that game. They were their own worst nightmare and it started with the coach!!! Players take on the demeanor of their coach and KR lost it again and so did the players!!!
                            IF Till makes the foul shots, whole different game. Gutsy no time out after the FT too.

Comment

On to the bad news.

I'm hearing, anyway, Malik Miller may be out for awhile. No official word. Tony may shed some more light on it today in the Gazette.

Jalen Vaughns may return soon. He's not wearing a boot or using crutches. That helps but only so much. The guard spot now is only 3 deep. That's a major problem.

I don't know the state of Armoni Foster's shoulder injury from October. I know the plan was he was going to be shut down to preserve the redshirt. If he's able to play do you consider injecting him in to the lineup at this point with 7 regular season games left?

Keyes is obvously there, too, but I can't see adding him at this point.

It's a problem, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                                IF Till makes the foul shots, whole different game. Gutsy no time out after the FT too.
                                I don't disagree with you for one second on that. Once there was no Malik, there should've been no reason why SRU shouldn't have won that game... period!!! As I've said before, the type of transfers (2nd/3rd chance guys) that KR always brings in added to KR's hot headed demeanor isn't a good formula for success. That team repeatedly has out of control lapses that costs them wins in the big setting. Yesterday it was the double technical that was a huge difference in that game. They keep their cool in that spot, does IUP win? No!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X