• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Gannon up 9 on SRU with 5 left

Comment

Coach Lombardi post game:

1) Cobo sat out practice with a bad back yesterday. (explains why he struggled)
      2) Malik throwing up at halftime.
      3) Dante has a shin injury that Coach says he's worried about.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
        Coach Lombardi post game:

1) Cobo sat out practice with a bad back yesterday. (explains why he struggled)
        2) Malik throwing up at halftime.
        3) Dante has a shin injury that Coach says he's worried about.
        That was one of Dante's best games of his career in my opinion. Hope nothing major.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          That was one of Dante's best games of his career in my opinion. Hope nothing major.
          I heard Armoni with the shin injury, but could be wrong

Comment

IUP 2-17 from deep. SH really defended it well. And, as some say, they just shot bad.

Greg Bearer made the box score. Did I miss something?

Comment

• Whether Dante or Armoni, neither appeared injured tonight. Dante was terrific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

IUP 2-17 from deep. SH really defended it well. And, as some say, they just shot bad.

Greg Bearer made the box score. Did I miss something?
                I saw that too, had to be a mistake because he never saw the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                  Whether Dante or Armoni, neither appeared injured tonight. Dante was terrific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Joe said Dante in the post game interview because he then went on to say that it must not be to bad because he played his best 40 minute game of the year.

Comment

Did SH guard the 3 well or did IUP shoot bad? They certainly didn't guard the paint well!

Willem looks awful right now. I'm the guy that saying Marco has earned more PT if not the start!

I hope Cobo gets that back right. Nothing worse than a bad back!

Comment

Did SH guard the 3 well or did IUP shoot bad? They certainly didn't guard the paint well!

Willem looks awful right now. I'm the guy that saying Marco has earned more PT if not the start!

I hope Cobo gets that back right. Nothing worse than a bad back!

I have to agree with you. I think it's time to move Marko in to the starting lineup. He just brings a lot more to the table on both ends. Willem then comes off the bench and can be more aggressive playing less minutes. Marko started the second half with the starters last night. May be a sign of things to come.

Comment

I have to agree with you. I think it's time to move Marko in to the starting lineup. He just brings a lot more to the table on both ends. Willem then comes off the bench and can be more aggressive playing less minutes. Marko started the second half with the starters last night. May be a sign of things to come.
                        I think Marco came out with the starters in the second half because of Willem's foul trouble not because Joe thinks he's playing better.

Comment

I think Marco came out with the starters in the second half because of Willem's foul trouble not because Joe thinks he's playing better.
                          Maybe, but Willem only had two fouls and 0 points at halftime. Marko had 1 foul and 8 points.

Comment

Only time will tell...

Comment

The Gazette article said it was Armoni with the leg (shin) issue.

Looking at the remainder of the regular season -- basically two 4-game sets (certainly front-loaded).

Next Four:

Mercyhurst
                              Slippery Rock
                              @ Gannon
                              @ UPJ

Last Four:

Clarion
                              @ Cal
                              @ Edinboro
                              Seton Hill

Comment

Originally posted by PSACwatcher View Post
                                IUPbigINDIANS, you worry way too much. Seton Hill had more talent and depth under the prior staff. Seton Hill's talent, size, experience, staff and compete level this season doesn't compare to IUP.

If the Seton Hill football team shows up for the game (the attendance figures seem to indicate they haven't been to many games this year), it will only because they wandered in thinking the gym was the other team's end zone.

IUP -20.

So, the Seton Hill you describe wasn't the one IUP played last night. I have to admit seeing them live they were a pretty good team. If I didn't know their record and that was the first time I ever saw them ... I'd guess they were 14-5 instead of 5-14.

That said, they had an incredible first half last night. Blondin and Davis looked like legit all-league players. And, as always when IUP plays there, they were sky high.

Even though they lost I'll be interested to see how they finish these last 8 games. Their bench is just the killer. But, that could be a scary team to play in the PSAC Tournament if you catch them on the wrong night.

I fully expect them to get blown out of the KCAC in a couple weeks and realize they had a little magic going last night. But, that is a team who has now lost in overtime to both East Stroudsburg and Slippery Rock and also gave IUP all it could handle for 37 minutes. It makes some of their other performances pretty head scratching to be honest.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X