Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    p.s. I'll pick up the tab on the limo for Amir Hinton.

Imagine that backcourt ... Malik, Armoni, Hinton.
    If he can get Hinton then it's a no brainer. I'll drive down and pick him up myself! Definitely need bigs still for next year.

Comment

I still can't not wonder what this current team would be with the 6'9" Keyes inside swatting shots. Only thing they don't have.
      Oh I know! Marco and Keyes on the floor together... yikes!

Comment

I've heard good things about Glover too but I haven't seen much.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
          I've heard good things about Glover too but I haven't seen much.
          He's built. Likely a project type. Note Joe hasn't risked his redshirt this year despite the fact he dresses -- even when they insert the deep bench.

Comment

Oh I know! Marco and Keyes on the floor together... yikes!
            You wonder how Keyes would have changed things. He's legit and a baller. Chuckie may have taken the redshirt or become a guard. Hard to say. Doesn't really matter now.

Comment

He's built. Likely a project type. Note Joe hasn't risked his redshirt this year despite the fact he dresses -- even when they insert the deep bench.
              I didn't think he'd waste Dancses this year. hmmmm, not sure what to think about Glover not playing in garbage time.

Comment

I didn't think he'd waste Dancses this year. hmmmm, not sure what to think about Glover not playing in garbage time.
                Bearer is the wild card for next year. He's a senior (academically) but this is only his second year playing on the team. Not sure Joe would make the investment in him for another year. Maybe. It will be Malik and Armoni's show next year but every team can use a Bearer.

Comment

I hope he stays. He's got the typical deer in headlights freshman thing going but there is upside there. Not sure if he's 'full ride' worthy but certainly worth developing.

Comment

Wednesday is getting all the buzz for the gym teachers' visit, but tonight is probably one of the biggest home games of the year.

Two massive regional games today:

Mercyhurst at IUP
                    Fairmont State at West Liberty

Gannon did IUP a big favor the other night. Hawks gotta cash in on it tonight.

If anybody hasn't seen Mercyhurst yet this year ... they can play. IUP won by 11 up there but the margin was deceiving.

Massey is an all-league guard and very hard to defend. Add that famous Mercyhurst zone and they are a tough out.

And hopefully IUP remembers when Pratapas comes in the game ... he's going to launch from the Hilton, Miller Stadium or wherever else they get him the ball.

Two very good teams. Two great coaches. Big game at the KCAC tonight.

Mercyhurst wins and they can likely go dancing. A loss will make their path complicated. Expect a regional quality effort from them tonight.

This is the type of Saturday night home game you wait all year for ... Looking back it's good Seton Hill gave them a hard push after these past 3 freebies.
                    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-02-2019, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I think IUP wins by double digits again. They will have a better rotation this game. They looked lost without Bearer the last meeting. They have since got Chucky and Anthony White more involved and they both look comfortable now. I don't think you see much pf Pratapas tonight. The scouting report is out on him. Who guards Massey this game? You might see a Cobo on him if the back is better. Massey isn't quick and the size difference could create havoc.

Comment

I think IUP wins by double digits again. They will have a better rotation this game. They looked lost without Bearer the last meeting. They have since got Chucky and Anthony White more involved and they both look comfortable now. I don't think you see much pf Pratapas tonight. The scouting report is out on him. Who guards Massey this game? You might see a Cobo on him if the back is better. Massey isn't quick and the size difference could create havoc.
                        If Mercyhurst and Fairmont State both lose (likely) ... that field gets real jammed in spots 3-8.

Comment

If Mercyhurst and Fairmont State both lose (likely) ... that field gets real jammed in spots 3-8.
                          I was just watching film and IUP did use Cobo on Massey the whole game first go around. The thing was is Cobo was giving him space almost like he wanted him to shoot jumpers and not get to the rim. Well, he did shoot and he shot well from inside the arc but he never attempted a 3. Could there be a change of strategy tonight? Defend him tighter or bank that he won't shoot as well tonight?

Comment

• Comment

I was just watching film and IUP did use Cobo on Massey the whole game first go around. The thing was is Cobo was giving him space almost like he wanted him to shoot jumpers and not get to the rim. Well, he did shoot and he shot well from inside the arc but he never attempted a 3. Could there be a change of strategy tonight? Defend him tighter or bank that he won't shoot as well tonight?
                              He's a tough assignment. Drives very well and also pops well from 15'. He is also in that 6'4" range but a beast. Very strong and physical.

Comment

• Last edited by EyeoftheHawk; 02-02-2019, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X