Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Re: Iup basketball

SH can pass Cal. Vulcans aren't good. SH put up a fantastic effort with essentially two players. That was a game with 3 minutes left. Did you have the wrong channel on?

IUP was 2-17 because unlike most teams SH didn't give them a ton of open looks.

Coach has been there for 20 games. Is he on the hot seat already? I thought he coached a fantastic game. He just needs more horses.

Comment

• Comment

How do you so definitively tell us what happened when we all watched the game and you read a boxscore?

IUP scored all its points in the low post (bigs and driving guards) where Seton Hill had no answer - which, yes, spiked up IUP's FG percentage on countless uncontested layups. Seton Hill's whole defensive plan was to take away the perimeter and they did it well. Unfortunately IUP adjusted to it very quickly. IUP probably made 8-10 free throws in the final 3 minutes of the game which blew the margin out to 13 points.

You seem to have a real beef with this new coach at Seton Hill.

Comment

Haha I've got no "beef" with the new coach. I haven't made one personal comment about the guy and don't know the man or care enough to do so. I am making objective observations about the basketball team and program on a message board. Isn't that the purpose? I've also made critical comments about other coaches and have no "beef" with them either. I also happen to think that Lombardi, Rukavina, Manchell, Sancomb and Reilly are fantastic coaches and have made those observations as well. Does that make me loyal to those coaches?

I also never said anything "definitive" about what happened at the IUP/SHU game based on the stats and, in fact, if you re-read my post I deferred to your eyes that watched the game. But stats do also inform us about what occurred in the game, especially when there is a trend in those stats and giving up 80+ ppg is a trend. I think the stats I cited are pretty relevant to the outcome of every basketball game.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              How do you so definitively tell us what happened when we all watched the game and you read a boxscore?

IUP scored all its points in the low post (bigs and driving guards) where Seton Hill had no answer - which, yes, spiked up IUP's FG percentage on countless uncontested layups. Seton Hill's whole defensive plan was to take away the perimeter and they did it well. Unfortunately IUP adjusted to it very quickly. IUP probably made 8-10 free throws in the final 3 minutes of the game which blew the margin out to 13 points.

You seem to have a real beef with this new coach at Seton Hill.
              How can you comment if you didn't watch the game?

Comment

Bryce Radford committed today!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                  Bryce Radford committed today!
                  Awesome. That's two they beat out Fairmont for in this class. He may play immediately (in a small role).

Comment

Awesome. That's two they beat out Fairmont for in this class. He may play immediately (in a small role).
                    The next Dante! So where is this class at?

Comment

Two true freshman (Bryce and Porterfield) and the post-grad KJ Rhodes.

The rest will be transfers ... my guess.

Don't forget Keyes and Ulrich.

Comment

Two true freshman (Bryce and Porterfield) and the post-grad KJ Rhodes.

The rest will be transfers ... my guess.

Don't forget Keyes and Ulrich.
                        That's what I thought, just makung sure. Anthony White is a solid role player now too!

Comment

Transfer-wise they'll add one guard and one big.

Comment

I'm going to go on a limb and say looks for forward transfers.

Comment

p.s. I'll pick up the tab on the limo for Amir Hinton.

Imagine that backcourt ... Malik, Armoni, Hinton.

Comment

I still can't not wonder what this current team would be with the 6'9" Keyes inside swatting shots. Only thing they don't have.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X