Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I'd love to start 2-0 but have some doubts.

Concord isn't coming in here and lighting up the scoreboard. I'm fairly confident in the opener.

Virginia State is scary and will be one of the few teams all year who can match up with them down low. Their guards did a number on Dante last year.
    I'll be at both games. I feel very similar to you on both games. I don't think Concord is deep enough to hang but VSU is. I think the VSU game will depend a lot on how the roster is handled against Concord.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
      I'll be at both games. I feel very similar to you on both games. I don't think Concord is deep enough to hang but VSU is. I think the VSU game will depend a lot on how the roster is handled against Concord.

Interesting weekend. Concord is very guard-heavy but pretty small under the basket, and VSU has some monstrous size. It is ironic two former Cal post players both landed there. Tony Richardson could be quite disruptive in small spurts and Howze is a very good player. They are very deep.

Comment

Travel week! IUP is scrimmaging Morehead State, where Dom Lombardi is an assistant coach. They were 8-21 last year. Solely on size, IUP probably matches up evenly. Then Friday is the big (!) game in Lexington.

Comment

They put out a cool video from a practice. I think they were hazing Chuckie Humphries a bit. Cobo was taking him to school. Lol. Defending Cobo, Willem and Krivacevic is going to be a major challenge at the D2 level.

Morehead will be a good scrimmage. Preston Spradlin is going to do well there. That was his first year last year. He's certainly an up-and-comer in the coaching ranks.

On a side note I'm hearing some good things about Andras Danscecs. He's not your typical true freshman. He's played on some U-18 national teams, etc.

Comment

They put out a cool video from a practice. I think they were hazing Chuckie Humphries a bit. Cobo was taking him to school. Lol. Defending Cobo, Willem and Krivacevic is going to be a major challenge at the D2 level.

Morehead will be a good scrimmage. Preston Spradlin is going to do well there. That was his first year last year. He's certainly an up-and-comer in the coaching ranks.

On a side note I'm hearing some good things about Andras Danscecs. He's not your typical true freshman. He's played on some U-18 national teams, etc.
            The Andras things sounds good. A possible legit 4th guard is needed. Where is this video???

Comment

Miami Herald coverage of IUP MBB

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/co...220886660.html

Comment

Originally posted by IUPTrackMan View Post
                Last edited by boatcapt; 10-31-2018, 11:31 AM.

Comment

So who would have thought IUP would be returning from its trip to Kentucky with a win under its belt?

Comment

They beat Morehead State.

Nice.

Comment

They posted a video getting off the bus at Rupp on Twitter. Dante looked fine (no casts or limping or anything). Looks like nothing but a rumor.

Comment

They posted a video getting off the bus at Rupp on Twitter. Dante looked fine (no casts or limping or anything). Looks like nothing but a rumor.
                        Perhaps it was just a moment of self-reflection.

And a big shout out to the members of the IUP athletic department who are reading this post. We love what you guys do.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                          Perhaps it was just a moment of self-reflection.

And a big shout out to the members of the IUP athletic department who are reading this post. We love what you guys do.
                          They and the players don't read this board, remember.

Comment

I'm excited for this coming season!!!

Comment

They and the players don't read this board, remember.
                              In my 15 years plus of posting about IUP/PSAC sports I have drawn countless reactions from coaches, players, parents and fans. It's what I do. I don't really care about anything else.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                                I'm excited for this coming season!!!
                                Why? Shouldn't a team with such lofty rankings/expectations have at least advanced to the NCAA playoffs the year or two before. I just don't see it.

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X