X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      24 TO and 69% FT

Malik cannot have 9 TOs. It just cannot happen.

Granted, 14 TOs came in the first 20 minutes and then the other 10 in the next 25 minutes so they did calm down some.

Yes. That was a brutal 3-game road trip.

Bring on the Boro.

Comment

• Comment

• Re: Iup basketball

Big road win for that old SOS.

Comment

I'd say almost 50/50...

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
              Warrior Voice probably had his trolling posts already typed out before the game was over too.

Pity.

The ladies are a buzzsaw it seems. Hope they keep that up. I saw the news report on WTAE online. Seee...who said the Yinzerburgh media was all anti IUP.
              Wrong again...You should have logged on for the live call...

Comment

At least 5 were traveling, couldn't tell too much from the feed, but I got the impression they were calling them pretty close. The technical he received was after one of those calls.

In the post game interview, Joe pointed out the the advantage pressing teams have at home. Dante got floored from a hit to the nether regions - no call since the officials didn't see it. Joe also mentioned the issue of the PA announcer's support of the home team - which apparently is against the PSAC guidelines for home venues -let's just say its not surprising they do so well at home.

I think those calls and the tight defense got into Malik's head. he's been struggling a , Hopefully he and Foster shake off the slump. They have great chemistry when they play together, maybe getting out of the meat grinder part of their schedule will help.

Comment

The one for sure was a travel, a couple were suspect and he was definitely shoved on the one he got the technical. I question him getting pushed on a couple other travel calls but they were close.

Comment

WarriorVoice if that was you on the internet broadcast ... you did a good job. For a one-man crew you kept it entertaining.

Now the PA Announcer ... yeah, bush league antics. That's not a cheerleader position for the home team as they use it. There's the line of getting more animated for the home team score announcement and then the line of "everybody get on your feet we need a big stop" ...

The Dante private parts blown call ... it happens. It was off the ball and you have all those bodies running in the half court. I can see how it got missed.

I actually thought IUP dealt with the press pretty well. Having those two 6'10" guys up there helps.

The refs were terrible both ways but fairly even on their terribleness. ESU had three guys foul out. When those clowns want to be the show ... they ruin the game. That crew, especially its captain, thinks people come to see them.

Comment

I don't agree with saying about the pressing teams having a great advantage at home. At least not in his case. ESU embarrassed them in the KCAC last year for 28 TOs ... 24 last night.

Not a coincidence. Too much hot dog, out of control stuff by certain players.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        WarriorVoice if that was you on the internet broadcast ... you did a good job. For a one-man crew you kept it entertaining.

Now the PA Announcer ... yeah, bush league antics. That's not a cheerleader position for the home team as they use it. There's the line of getting more animated for the home team score announcement and then the line of "everybody get on your feet we need a big stop" ...

The Dante private parts blown call ... it happens. It was off the ball and you have all those bodies running in the half court. I can see how it got missed.

I actually thought IUP dealt with the press pretty well. Having those two 6'10" guys up there helps.

The refs were terrible both ways but fairly even on their terribleness. ESU had three guys foul out. When those clowns want to be the show ... they ruin the game. That crew, especially its captain, thinks people come to see them.
                        Agree on both these points, from what I saw. You can call them close, or let them play, but the consistency is important. The ESU announcer ( warriorvoice) said the same.

Comment

IDK, I thought the announcer of the broadcast was a lot of homer lines too. According to that guy everything against ESU was ticky tack.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                            IDK, I thought the announcer of the broadcast was a lot of homer lines too. According to that guy everything against ESU was ticky tack.
                            no doubt, but I expect that - our own radio guys are sort of homers, too. I'm happy when they get the names right, and when they kind of know the game, and give credit where it is due.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                              no doubt, but I expect that - our own radio guys are sort of homers, too. I'm happy when they get the names right, and when they kind of know the game, and give credit where it is due.
                              Jack Benedict might be the least homer announcer I've ever listened to. Now those TV jabronies are a different story. They don't even know the game and are complete homers.

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X