Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Staunch was crying last night too. He smacked the wall a couple times all pissed bc Ethan owned him!
    He's understandably pretty frustrated. You can see that just watching him on the court. He's not playing with the same fire he had two years ago on their good team.

Staunch is at his best in a smaller role -- in spurts. I wouldn't mind having him off the deep bench on Joe's team this year. But, the way Cleary is forced to play him for long stretches, ... he's just not going to be as productive. You'd get the most out of him in a 12-15 mpg role.

He was able to thrive two years ago when they had Keshawn Liggins, Anthony Coleman and Jaymon Mason at guard. He really played that garbage man role very well. Being a focal point of the offense is just not his strength.

Comment

• Comment

• He hasn't been playing much this year. I imagine its injuries. When he was playing with regularity in the first couple weeks of the season they weren't too bad. Without him its like varsity vs JV.

Comment

• Looks like the show will go as scheduled tomorrow night. It appears most of the bad weather will go more toward Johnstown and Altoona. Indiana is now only expected to get 1" to 2" of snow.

It should be a great doubleheader.

Personally, I like Joe to win ... but would probably pick Tom's game to be a toss-up.

Comment

• From down 18 to winning by 18.

Wow.

Great game, Hawks.

Comment

• Ethan got player of the game. Well deserved ... 17 points, 4 assists, 3 blocks and 7 boards. True freshman.

But, man, David Morris really had a big, hard-nosed game ... 17 pts, 5 boards, 3 steals. He also really got in Pegram's head ... which was a key factor.

Chucky with 10 points and two huge treys in really clutch moments. Malik had 22 (should have had 32), Armoni with 17 and Anthony White hit a big trey. Shawndale shutout but had 5 big boards.

What a crowd ... 3,287 (and I think that was a light count).

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                From down 18 to winning by 18.

Wow.

Great game, Hawks.
                Too bad the stream was so crappy.. Hard to enjoy the game when it freezes every 30 seconds.

Still, really impressive.

Comment

• Sancomb is officially the new Kevin Reynolds of the KCAC. He took a beating from the crowd tonight. Deserved, of course.

Comment

• I have to say California has come a LONG way in a very short period of time. They have an impressive team. I really liked Tim Smith (true freshman). Zyon is a player. Pegram is fantastic ... but a bit of a hot head. He reminds me of Josh Wise a bit. He was more in to jawing with the lower rows than playing in the second half. House is a nice player.

The score may not have looked like it at the end but that was a really hard-fought game. Cal is a very tough out.

Comment

I have to say California has come a LONG way in a very short period of time. They have an impressive team. I really liked Tim Smith (true freshman). Zyon is a player. Pegram is fantastic ... but a bit of a hot head. He reminds me of Josh Wise a bit. He was more in to jawing with the lower rows than playing in the second half. House is a nice player.

The score may not have looked like it at the end but that was a really hard-fought game. Cal is a very tough out.
                      Cal was really gased by the end of the game- against a 7 man rotation. Not sure pushing the pace was a great strategy for them. This has to be the best defensive Iup team in a while

Comment

He's understandably pretty frustrated. You can see that just watching him on the court. He's not playing with the same fire he had two years ago on their good team.

Staunch is at his best in a smaller role -- in spurts. I wouldn't mind having him off the deep bench on Joe's team this year. But, the way Cleary is forced to play him for long stretches, ... he's just not going to be as productive. You'd get the most out of him in a 12-15 mpg role.

He was able to thrive two years ago when they had Keshawn Liggins, Anthony Coleman and Jaymon Mason at guard. He really played that garbage man role very well. Being a focal point of the offense is just not his strength.

Comment

• Heard from several people they gave up on the game last night due to the stream (again) being terrible.

I'd hope our loyal readers in the Athletic Department can get this fixed. Quickly.

The production can be good, etc., but when it freezes every 40 seconds ... people turn it off.

Comment

• https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...er-10-rankings

Comment

• Comment

• Some stats compared to last year's Men's team:

2019-20 (thru 16 games) 2018-19 (30-3)
                                PPG 82.7 79.6
                                Pts Allowed 63.8 65.4
                                Scoring Margin +18.9 +14.2
                                FG % .490 .478
                                3PT % .341 .373
                                3PT Attempts per game 25.62 24.36
                                3PT made per game 8.8 9.1
                                FT % .731 .704
                                FT made per game 12.9 13.2
                                Rebounds per game 38.9 37.3
                                Rebounding Margin +6.6 +4.0
                                Turnovers per game 12.4 13.2
                                Turnovers Margin +3.2 +4.0
                                Assist/Turnover Ratio 1.2 1.2
                                Points off turnovers per game 19.4 19.2
                                Steals per game 7.9 8.4
                                Blocks per game 4.1 3.0
                                Attendance per home game 1,494 1,503

If you judge the best defensive team in school history by points allowed per game, the 2013-14 team gave up 60.3 per game. This years team isn't far off the pace (as of now). The 2013-14 team held West Liberty to 65 points in regulation, although by the time they played (3) overtimes the final score was an 86-85 loss.

So far, this year's team is performing better in most statistical categories than last season.

While this year's attendance is technically off the pace, it is actually far ahead of the pace at the same time a year ago. IUP had a couple real big gates at the end last year that really jacked that number up. Being a 1,494 coming out of the funeral season is a very strong pace. They may be able to get this up around 1,800 or 1,900 for the season average. The best gates of the year are always from around Jan. 20 and forward.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X