• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Some Game Day stats:

IUP leads the all-time series with Gannon, 23-22

Bravado is 13-9 against GU

The Hawks have won the past four in the series

Gannon's last win came in the PSAC championship in 2014-15. IUP recovered a week later to win the Atlantic Regional and advance to the National Final. GU was upset by SRU at the Regional preventing the rematch with IUP. Painfully, GU had defeated SRU three times during that season.

Gannon is 5-6 this season on the road

IUP has not lost to a PSAC West team since the infamous upset at Seton Hill nearly two years ago ... a streak approaching 25 games.

I believe, but am not 100 percent certain, Gannon owns the KCAC record for drawing the largest crowd. The famous Silent Night game drew an announced gate north of 3,800. GU won the game.

Comment

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Reminder to all you Bravado Joe fans ... the game will be carried live tonight on television.
      I'll be making the trip and will be in the house tonight!!! I'm pumped!!!

Comment

Great win

Great effort both teams

Comment

Cobo went for 24 and Glover had 23 ... IUP hit 12 of 25 from deep.

IUP got up 17 in the second half and the fatique set in ... they really miss Malik. It's real hard to play an aggressive team like Gannon without him.

Vaughns dressed but didn't play. Dylan Benton got 17 minutes. He has played 21 all year. He hung in there for a true freshman walk-on.

Dante had 10 assists but 7 TOs. His shot just wouldn't fall tonight. He made some incredible passes. But, a few awful ones, too.

Gannon plays hard and they keep coming. A lot of teams would pack it in down 17 in the second half. It actually got a little tense there at the end. All Gannon is missing is a legit three-point shooter and they'd be pretty nasty.

Joe said after game Malik could be back in 10 days. Seems optimistic but that's what he said.

He was talking about injuries and never mentioned Vaughns. Odd.

This win gives IUP a 3-game lead on SRU and a 4-game lead on Gannon. Six games to go. Rock also still has to play Gannon again so that's another loss for one of them.

Wasn't a great game for Willem. I'd like to see him get a little more physical. Blake and Hutton hit a couple big treys.

The unsung moment of the game was the Glover three with 3 seconds to go in the half. That was a huge shot.

UPJ is going to be another tough one this Wednesday. Luckily they only play 6 guys.

Comment

Cobo went for 24 and Glover had 23 ... IUP hit 12 of 25 from deep.

IUP got up 17 in the second half and the fatique set in ... they really miss Malik. It's real hard to play an aggressive team like Gannon without him.

Vaughns dressed but didn't play. Dylan Benton got 17 minutes. He has played 21 all year. He hung in there for a true freshman walk-on.

Dante had 10 assists but 7 TOs. His shot just wouldn't fall tonight. He made some incredible passes. But, a few awful ones, too.

Gannon plays hard and they keep coming. A lot of teams would pack it in down 17 in the second half. It actually got a little tense there at the end. All Gannon is missing is a legit three-point shooter and they'd be pretty nasty.

Joe said after game Malik could be back in 10 days. Seems optimistic but that's what he said.

He was talking about injuries and never mentioned Vaughns. Odd.

This win gives IUP a 3-game lead on SRU and a 4-game lead on Gannon. Six games to go. Rock also still has to play Gannon again so that's another loss for one of them.

Wasn't a great game for Willem. I'd like to see him get a little more physical. Blake and Hutton hit a couple big treys.

The unsung moment of the game was the Glover three with 3 seconds to go in the half. That was a huge shot.
            but
            UPJ is going to be another tough one this Wednesday. Luckily they only play 6 guys.
            More walking calls than I've seen in 20 years - I thought it was the 80s for a minute. But they seemed to let them play underneath. Seemed a bit out of control at times.

Comment

Great game last night. Reilly teams never give up. The fact of the matter this year is that this Gannon team just isn't athletic enough to win the big games consistently. Their shooting techniques are sub par. Can they upset teams, yes because they fight but this isn't a regional type Gannon team.

The fact that Benton has passed Vaughns on the depth chart is shocking to me. Vaughns must really be in the dog house.

Cobo had his way and was a match up nightmare for Gannon.

Glover was just himself last night.

Danialek and Hutton game some points that we don't usually count on.

Daunte is still a roller coaster of a player.

I hope the best for Malik.

This IUP team just keeps truckin a long and over coming adversity.

UPJ is next!

Comment

The Gazette referred to Vaughns today as still injured.

Comment

Got to watch the whole game on PCN. Nice job by IUP. Second straight game that Gannon has allowed the opposition to shoot a big percentage from downtown. Those threes at the start of the second half were so open you'd think they were shooting in an empty gym. Gannon started to contest the outside shot later in the half and it led to them making the game at least mildly interesting. That lane violation was a killer.

Best case for GU is to come in second in the west and host a second-round game.

What did you think of the crowd? It didn't look that large or sound that boisterous on TV, but looks can be deceiving.

Gannon ladies hung around for a half.

Comment

It's a little deceiving due to where the cameras are set up. They are on the opposite side of the benches. The side the cameras are on ... you can't see the crowd over there. That's the more crowded side and the student section.

The side the benches are on tends to be the 'older crowd' and is generally less crowded.

That said ... for a big game ... it was OK. Nothing great. I think they announced about 1,700 or so.

It was the largest women's crowd of the year. IUP has a pretty loyal women's following. A lot leave after the ladies game. Gannon also had a small group behind the GU women's bench. They weren't there for the men's game. Gannon always brings some fans down here. There were next to none for the men's game.

I'd say it was an engaged crowd but nothing special.

Comment

I caught the last part of the men's game on the net and I too thought that it looked a bit empty in the KCAC. I was surprised to read that they had over 1,600 in there. But I suppose that leaves the place still over half empty.

A nice win for Bravado and company! Crusin' in the PSAC West.

-

Comment

Nice win. Good week. I don't think either game would have been nearly as close with Malik playing. They blew big second half leads in both mainly due to fatigue. It's a real credit to Joe and the team to win those games with six guys.

Comment

Looks like the Globetrotters were at the KCAC a night or two ago.

Comment

Looks like the IUP hoops games were postponed until tomorrow (Feb 8) evening.

Some good high school games on tap for Friday at the KCAC with the Heritage Conference boys and girls championships. Ligonier Valley vs. Purchase Line in the boys game and the girls matchup of Penns Manor against Blairsville.

Tickets only $5. That's pretty crazy cheap for the KCAC!

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                              Looks like the IUP hoops games were postponed until tomorrow (Feb 8) evening.

Some good high school games on tap for Friday at the KCAC with the Heritage Conference boys and girls championships. Ligonier Valley vs. Purchase Line in the boys game and the girls matchup of Penns Manor against Blairsville.

Tickets only $5. That's pretty crazy cheap for the KCAC!

-

That is a good deal ... right up until you get to the window and the ticket is $5 and then has the KCAC customary $14 in service fees. HAHAHA

Comment

That is a good deal ... right up until you get to the window and the ticket is $5 and then has the KCAC customary $14 in service fees. HAHAHA
                                Gannon and Mercyhurst are $5... IUP $14. WOW!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X