Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Re: Iup basketball

This is a little late. Usually the Joe to St. John's rumors start immediately.

Lol ... what a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
        Oh yes, in the post game interview afater one of the mid season game he asked Jack if he was one of the posters on this site. He actually quoted some of our posts. Mine and IUPbigIndians posts to be exact. hahaha It was hilarious!
        We may not always agree with everything but at least we talk about the program. Heck, the Gazette still hasn't mentioned David Morris yet. Guess it isn't newsworthy. Funny how the Erie paper ran a full story on it ... and they rarely even cover games during the season.

Comment

Oh yes, in the post game interview afater one of the mid season game he asked Jack if he was one of the posters on this site. He actually quoted some of our posts. Mine and IUPbigIndians posts to be exact. hahaha It was hilarious!
          You'd be shocked how many people read this crap on here. I've had a PSAC coach send me private messages.

This side is way better. The football side has turned in to the off-child of TMZ and Twitter ... especially during the sesson.

Comment

• Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            You'd be shocked how many people read this crap on here. I've had a PSAC coach send me private messages.

This side is way better. The football side has turned in to the off-child of TMZ and Twitter ... especially during the sesson.

Comment

Damn it, I could've listened today too. UGH!!! I hate it when I miss good MM rants!!!
              I found it on the podcast for you. On the link under April 18th, play the hour 3 segment. Fast forward it to 2:15. It starts right after that and goes to about 5:00. I haven't laughed that hard in a long, long time.

#2ndBestAtBest

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-m...nius-25640194/

I think the best line is "22 years going on 23. Absolute dominance."

Comment

Comment

• Comment

Comment

MM is a jackass but one thing about MM is that he leaves you alone until you do or say something to him. There is no doubt Dunlop did something first to trigger the spat BUT MM shouldn't bring th daughter with cancer into the spat.

Comment

MM is a jackass but one thing about MM is that he leaves you alone until you do or say something to him. There is no doubt Dunlop did something first to trigger the spat BUT MM shouldn't bring th daughter with cancer into the spat.
                        He didn't really bring the daughter into it. I think he went after Dunlap in general with the rant I referenced. Dunlap tweets all the time about how he works less, is happy, loves his family, works in "the greatest town in the world," and is happy with the money he makes. That's all a shot at Madden. Dunlap is very much like Dom Toretto in the Fast and Furious series (lol). His creedo, at least on the radio, is all about family. It's what he chooses to talk about.

Madden's response, both on twitter and on air, is always, "I've got the biggest house on the biggest side of town." He talks about how people perceive him to be old, fat, and lonely, but he doesn't want the things other want or value.

I don't know what started the beef between Dunlap and Madden, because again, they used to like each other. But I do know that to a point, they're both very similar.
                        -Very opinionated
                        -Very quick to shoot down callers they disagree with
                        -Go on loud and off-topic rants about things not related to sports or the conversation.

Dunlap is much like a mini-Mark Madden (figuratively speaking). I'll say this though. I know people who have met Mark Madden and Colin Dunlap both in person. There's only one person who they all say is "such a wonderful guy." And if you think it's Colin Dunlap.... Well.... "I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS!"

Comment

The new alignments on The Fan are atrocious. I hate Ron Cook. Joe Starkey was great with Chris Mueller, and I'm not a Mueller guy. Joe Starkey getting moved with Ron Cook was almost a death sentence. Cook is just an old guy with zero sense of humor. He's a Steelers and Pirates apologist about everything, but will go out of his way to criticize a guy like Sidney Crosby for "not showing up in the playoffs" against the Islanders when he's done nothing but win for the 14 years he's been in Pittsburgh. Stanley Cups, Olympic Gold Medals, World Championships, MVPs, scoring titles, etc. Fall on a sword for Mike Tomlin, but throw the greatest hockey player of this era under the bus. It's nauseating.

I can't stress how much they lost when Josh Miller left. He brought such a great viewpoint to that show. And when Miller was on, Jim Colony was part of the morning show. He was every bit a part of the conversation as Miller and Dunlap. Now, they asked the guys like Colony, Eric Hagman, and Jeff Hathorn to shut up. Makes zero sense. Chris Mack doesn't fit in there. I like Paul Ziese a lot. But he's buried in the 6-10 time slot. Which means he doesn't work from April-September because of baseball season.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                            He didn't really bring the daughter into it. I think he went after Dunlap in general with the rant I referenced. Dunlap tweets all the time about how he works less, is happy, loves his family, works in "the greatest town in the world," and is happy with the money he makes. That's all a shot at Madden. Dunlap is very much like Dom Toretto in the Fast and Furious series (lol). His creedo, at least on the radio, is all about family. It's what he chooses to talk about.

Madden's response, both on twitter and on air, is always, "I've got the biggest house on the biggest side of town." He talks about how people perceive him to be old, fat, and lonely, but he doesn't want the things other want or value.

I don't know what started the beef between Dunlap and Madden, because again, they used to like each other. But I do know that to a point, they're both very similar.
                            -Very opinionated
                            -Very quick to shoot down callers they disagree with
                            -Go on loud and off-topic rants about things not related to sports or the conversation.

Dunlap is much like a mini-Mark Madden (figuratively speaking). I'll say this though. I know people who have met Mark Madden and Colin Dunlap both in person. There's only one person who they all say is "such a wonderful guy." And if you think it's Colin Dunlap.... Well.... "I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS!"

Dunlap's a phony. The whole 'tough guy' persona is ridiculous. Dude is about 5'8" and 160 lbs. Colony is the only thing makes the show bearable. The other two try and out-do each other for three hours.

Contant phrase on the show:

"You won't believe what happened yesterday at the Steelers facility. We'll tell you all about it in 128 minutes."

The MM show was much better in the ESPN 1250 days. It was much more Wild West. He's much calmer now.

I actually think Paul Zeise has the best show on 93.7 The Fan. I just rarely get to listen to it.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              Dunlap's a phony. The whole 'tough guy' persona is ridiculous. Dude is about 5'8" and 160 lbs. Colony is the only thing makes the show bearable. The other two try and out-do each other for three hours.

Contant phrase on the show:

"You won't believe what happened yesterday at the Steelers facility. We'll tell you all about it in 128 minutes."

The MM show was much better in the ESPN 1250 days. It was much more Wild West. He's much calmer now.

I actually think Paul Zeise has the best show on 93.7 The Fan. I just rarely get to listen to it.
                              Agreed. He's buried in the worst time slot. 6-10. Can't hear him during baseball season.

He's pretty fair with much of the stuff he says. I've found that the best sports talk guys are the ones who are actually covering or have covered teams. That's why Madden is so good when it comes to covering hockey in a sports talk setting. It's why I think Joe Starkey is really good in a lot of areas. It's why there's nobody better on that station talking college athletics than Paul Zeise. Guys like Colin Dunlap are just talking heads. They scream about who they don't like, who needs to go, etc. But he doesn't show his face in the locker room.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X