Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I see a lot changing in the post-Dante/Cobo era. They will have a much different lineup style next season -- much faster, bigger guards, more offensive explosiveness, way more guard depth, etc.

Three ultra-athletic, big, fast guards. All shooters and slashers. Their press should be crazy next season. Add to it two big-time deep shooters in Bryce and KJ. Anthony White can also definitely be a spark guy.
    couldnt
    I know the Joe method. We all do. But, ... he's going to have the bodies to go deep next season. It could be time for a change. I'm not talking something radical. But, he could keep the big three (Malik, Armoni and Morris) all around 30 minutes and the other three get around 10 minutes. Keeps everybody more fresh.

I also think you see a different Malik. We've heard grumblings about his relationship with Dante. He may not feel as much pressure to create next season.

I'm pretty excited to see this new edition.

My opinion based on the roster: The last big needs to be a muscle big. I didn't like how easy Mercyhurst was able to shut down Cobo in the last game. If a Daddy Ugbede is out there ... get him.

One thing for sure ... this isn't a rebuild-season roster. This team will have very high expectations. This last signing is a big one.
    Saw Joe walking around campus with a big guy and his dad yesterday. couldn't recognize them though.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
      Saw Joe walking around campus with a big guy and his dad yesterday. couldn't recognize them though.
      How big? Tall? Thick? Did he look tough? Transfer? High School?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

The big guy needs to land a D2 blue chip here. A stud post player could propel them to another big season. My opinion this has to be a transfer, ready-to-play.

I've heard good things on Ulrich but we won't know for sure until the lights turn on.

Of course, the fact Joe got the player to campus is pretty big. Once they get them here his close rate is pretty good.

Comment

The big guy needs to land a D2 blue chip here. A stud post player could propel them to another big season. My opinion this has to be a transfer, ready-to-play.

I've heard good things on Ulrich but we won't know for sure until the lights turn on.

Of course, the fact Joe got the player to campus is pretty big. Once they get them here his close rate is pretty good.
          Big time. #CLOSER

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
            28 straight wins at home is insane. The fact that SRU hasn't been exactly a doormat most of the years makes it even more mind-boggling.
            Not a big difference, but SRU did beat IUP at IUP in 1991-92 season... So streak is still long, but shorter one year...27 years

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
              Blonde kid, I'd guess HS, or Juco age. Again a guess, 6'8' about 250 - at first I thought maybe Porterfield up for a visit, but I don't think it was him, looked heavier.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                Blonde kid, I'd guess HS, or Juco age. Again a guess, 6'8' about 250 - at first I thought maybe Porterfield up for a visit, but I don't think it was him, looked heavier.
                You gotta stop and ask Bravado Joe the details. He's a big fan of this message board. He gave us a shout-out on a post-game radio show this past season ... asked Jack if he was one of the posters. True story.

But, 6'8" and 250 lbs sounds like Joe is looking for some muscle. That's good.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  You gotta stop and ask Bravado Joe the details. He's a big fan of this message board. He gave us a shout-out on a post-game radio show this past season ... asked Jack if he was one of the posters. True story.

But, 6'8" and 250 lbs sounds like Joe is looking for some muscle. That's good.

He asked Jack if he was one of us?!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Comment

The Super Genius Big Sexy was on a roll today.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                        He asked Jack if he was one of us?!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh yes, in the post game interview afater one of the mid season game he asked Jack if he was one of the posters on this site. He actually quoted some of our posts. Mine and IUPbigIndians posts to be exact. hahaha It was hilarious!

Comment

Damn it, I could've listened today too. UGH!!! I hate it when I miss good MM rants!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                            Damn it, I could've listened today too. UGH!!! I hate it when I miss good MM rants!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

#2ndBestAtBest

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X