Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Curious ... what's it cost to go to ECP ?
    About $10k. Most Catholic high schools have a penalty if the parents aren't members at a Catholic church.

Comment

I'm heading to Vegas tonight. What PSAC lines/odds should I be placing money on for next season (basketball or football)?

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
        I'm heading to Vegas tonight. What PSAC lines/odds should I be placing money on for next season (basketball or football)?
        The wise guys in Vegas have shared the following guidance with me:

Clarion Hoops to finish to tops in PSAC West at +10000000 odds.
        SRU Football at +9 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
          Over / Under for wins in men's West next year:

IUP 25.5

Mercyhurst 20.5

UPJ 22.5

Slippery Rock 18.5

Cal 17.5

Edinboro 16.5

Gannon 8.5

Seton Hill 6.5

Clarion. 3.5

Comment

Bold---but I'll take IUP men over. I really like this team that Bravado is putting together. I think if they advance to the NCAAs they stand an excellent chance of the over.

I saw in the most recent issue of IUP magazine that there was a picture of the IUP men on the back cover in their borrowed Boro duds. I just had a cool idea---wouldn't it be kind of neat tradition to start each year that in one of the IUP/Boro games that the home team (alternating year to year) picks and provides the uniforms for the visiting team? It would be really interesting and perhaps provide some spark for fans to come out and see it. The home team could make them wear their old unis or get stuff made up like pink, or polka dots or crazy color schemes. It would be sort of a funny tradition to get started on the heels of what happened last winter up at the Boro. It would no doubt garner some national attention and maybe inspire other teams to do it.

Or maybe the NCAA has strict regulations against this sort of thing. No doubt they do. Ho-hum.

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
              Bold---but I'll take IUP men over. I really like this team that Bravado is putting together. I think if they advance to the NCAAs they stand an excellent chance of the over.

I saw in the most recent issue of IUP magazine that there was a picture of the IUP men on the back cover in their borrowed Boro duds. I just had a cool idea---wouldn't it be kind of neat tradition to start each year that in one of the IUP/Boro games that the home team (alternating year to year) picks and provides the uniforms for the visiting team? It would be really interesting and perhaps provide some spark for fans to come out and see it. The home team could make them wear their old unis or get stuff made up like pink, or polka dots or crazy color schemes. It would be sort of a funny tradition to get started on the heels of what happened last winter up at the Boro. It would no doubt garner some national attention and maybe inspire other teams to do it.

Or maybe the NCAA has strict regulations against this sort of thing. No doubt they do. Ho-hum.

-

Comment

Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post
                The wise guys in Vegas have shared the following guidance with me:

Clarion Hoops to finish to tops in PSAC West at +10000000 odds.
                SRU Football at +9 wins.
                Woo! I'd hedge a penny on Clarion at those odds! Don't think they have a chance of winning the PSAC but at those odds the up side would be huge on even a small bet.

Realistically I think the house would hold the line at 50:1 to limit their exposure on what would probably be a really small handle.
                Last edited by boatcapt; 06-08-2019, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Hearing from a good source they are heavily toying with the four-guards and Chucky starting lineup.

Also, the roster may not be as finalized as we thought. Stay tuned.

Comment

Hearing from a good source they are heavily toying with the four-guards and Chucky starting lineup.

Also, the roster may not be as finalized as we thought. Stay tuned.
                    I didn't think the roster was finalized but the 4 guards/Chucky thing might not be as great of an idea as it looks on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                      I didn't think the roster was finalized but the 4 guards/Chucky thing might not be as great of an idea as it looks on paper.

I still think they find the money to add a Day 1 post player and then redshirt Porterfield and either K.J. Rhodes or Bryce Radford (or maybe all three of them). They can only redshirt Radford and/or Rhodes if Joe is comfortable with Anthony White being the fifth guard -- which he may very well be.

While it would be a pleasant surprise to see a deep bench, well, ... I think we all know better by now.

As for that 'four guards and Chucky' starting lineup ... yeah, I agree it may sound better than it actually is. I do think it would be an interesting tool to keep in the mix. You could run that 'line change' a few times here and there. The sheer speed and athleticism would really create havoc.

Lot of excitement around town (in the small basketball circles). I can tell you that much. It's kind of a new era post-Dante/Cobo. Nothing against them but seeing a new lineup will be exciting. This can be a really explosive offense and very strong defensive team. I'd sure like one more, ready-to-play big, however.

I also hope the big guy doesn't go too crazy with the non-conference schedule. West Liberty isn't going to lose many games next season. If they have any hopes of hosting again they can probably only lose 2-3 games max.

Comment

I still think they find the money to add a Day 1 post player and then redshirt Porterfield and either K.J. Rhodes or Bryce Radford (or maybe all three of them). They can only redshirt Radford and/or Rhodes if Joe is comfortable with Anthony White being the fifth guard -- which he may very well be.

While it would be a pleasant surprise to see a deep bench, well, ... I think we all know better by now.

As for that 'four guards and Chucky' starting lineup ... yeah, I agree it may sound better than it actually is. I do think it would be an interesting tool to keep in the mix. You could run that 'line change' a few times here and there. The sheer speed and athleticism would really create havoc.

Lot of excitement around town (in the small basketball circles). I can tell you that much. It's kind of a new era post-Dante/Cobo. Nothing against them but seeing a new lineup will be exciting. This can be a really explosive offense and very strong defensive team. I'd sure like one more, ready-to-play big, however.

I also hope the big guy doesn't go too crazy with the non-conference schedule. West Liberty isn't going to lose many games next season. If they have any hopes of hosting again they can probably only lose 2-3 games max.
                        Have to play top tier teams in November if he want's to have any chance of winning in March...Or at least that's what I've been told!!!!!

Comment

One-time IUP assistant coach Tray Woodall is headed to Joe's old stomping grounds in Allegany, New York. (If you want to talk about doing more with less, Mark Schmidt at St. Bonaventure has quietly done a really good job. There's not exactly a ton of money coming into that program comparable to other D-I and A-10 schools.)

From Jon Rothstein: "Sources: St. Bonaventure's Mark Schmidt will hire Robert Morris' Trayvon Woodall as an assistant coach. Former Pitt PG."

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...05955009200129

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                            Have to play top tier teams in November if he want's to have any chance of winning in March...Or at least that's what I've been told!!!!!
                            They'll need a couple. The West won't be overly strong next year aside from IUP and UPJ.

Comment

They'll need a couple. The West won't be overly strong next year aside from IUP and UPJ.
                              Yea but playing tough in conference opponents doesnt prepare a team for March. Was told that too!!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                                Yea but playing tough in conference opponents doesnt prepare a team for March. Was told that too!!
                                Every season ends bad for all but one team.

I'm fairly certain they are playing Virginia State, Bowie State and Fairmont State. That's enough. The rest can be creampuffs.

But ... they won't be. Not Joe's style.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X