Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iup basketball

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Elephant in the room here... Slippery Rock is out of shape because they didn’t practice for 1-2 weeks.

    True story.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • Re: Iup basketball

      Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
      This was the Micah Till that we saw at the Hammermill last Wednesday. He seemed to be playing in short spurts ... we were wondering if he was sick or injured, or just out of shape. It is baffling.
      I think you hit the nail on the head. This past Saturday, when Cal came to SRU, Till had what appeared to be a charley horse in his right thigh. During timeouts the SRU trainers were trying to work it out. He was clearly bothered by it throughout the game. Today at IUP, Till clearly hurt his right knee. He tried to run it off but he could not continue.

      So he clearly has multiple issues with his right leg (quad & knee) and it’s origin might be traced back to the Gannon SRU game last Wednesday.

      Comment


      • Re: Iup basketball

        Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
        This was the Micah Till that we saw at the Hammermill last Wednesday. He seemed to be playing in short spurts ... we were wondering if he was sick or injured, or just out of shape. It is baffling.
        This is Micah Till to a tee. If things don't go his way then he quits! Once IUP got up on them he acted like he was hurt. Against Gannon he just looked like he didn't care once the officials got in his head.

        Comment


        • Re: Iup basketball

          Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
          Elephant in the room here... Slippery Rock is out of shape because they didn’t practice for 1-2 weeks.

          True story.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Are you referring to back in early October? I'd think they'd be in shape by now.

          Till is a total diva. No doubt about that ...

          Hmmm. A coach who was a huge believer in physical fitness and ran incredibly difficult daily practices was run out of town via mutiny. Not to draw conclusions ... but it's pretty hard not to draw conclusions. Just sayin'

          Comment


          • Re: Iup basketball

            Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Are you referring to back in early October? I'd think they'd be in shape by now.

            Till is a total diva. No doubt about that ...

            Hmmm. A coach who was a huge believer in physical fitness and ran incredibly difficult daily practices was run out of town via mutiny. Not to draw conclusions ... but it's pretty hard not to draw conclusions. Just sayin'
            I don't think Till was faking exactly. The other part of the story is that the rest of the team was gassed as well -23 in particular. except for Till's replacement, who just didn't bother to run a whole lot.

            Comment


            • Re: Iup basketball

              Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
              I don't think Till was faking exactly. The other part of the story is that the rest of the team was gassed as well -23 in particular. except for Till's replacement, who just didn't bother to run a whole lot.
              I didn't say he was faking.

              Now, riddle me this. Assuming (as there seems to be debate) that he was hurt ... why in the world did the interim coach put him back in the game down 27 with 12 minutes left (or whatever it was)? The game was clearly gone. If it was his knee why would you put your superstar back in to a blowout and risk doing further damage?

              That is hard to explain for young Mr. Grady.


              I think he was in some pain. When he came back in and Armoni blew past him at about 100 mph all Till could do was essentially try and clothesline him ... thus resulting in the flagrant foul.

              Comment


              • Re: Iup basketball

                Enough about Till.


                Last night was the game I waited for all year. IUP looked mean out there. When was the last time SRU got out-rebounded by 20 or more? Maybe 20 years ago? SRU never saw that coming. They haven't fought for rebounds like that in years. That was tenacity.

                SRU was held to its worst shooting percentage in more than 9 years (per SRU web site). And, no, they didn't just shoot bad. Every shot was highly contested.

                Wear those new black warm-ups every game.

                Whatever happened in that locker room between Saturday night and last night ... something changed. Big time.


                I also thought Chuckie and Marko played very well. Marko was going to get heavy minutes last night if he hadn't picked up that third foul. Malik was un-guardable and Cobo became the front-runner for the West POY last night.

                Comment


                • Re: Iup basketball

                  Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  Enough about Till.


                  Last night was the game I waited for all year. IUP looked mean out there. When was the last time SRU got out-rebounded by 20 or more? Maybe 20 years ago? SRU never saw that coming. They haven't fought for rebounds like that in years. That was tenacity.

                  SRU was held to its worst shooting percentage in more than 9 years (per SRU web site). And, no, they didn't just shoot bad. Every shot was highly contested.

                  Wear those new black warm-ups every game.

                  Whatever happened in that locker room between Saturday night and last night ... something changed. Big time.


                  I also thought Chuckie and Marko played very well. Marko was going to get heavy minutes last night if he hadn't picked up that third foul. Malik was un-guardable and Cobo became the front-runner for the West POY last night.
                  They got called out and they responded. Mercyhurst might end up being the best thing that could’ve happened to them. Just don’t lose that edge. The regular season finish is pretty soft, especially after the trips to Gannon and UPJ.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Iup basketball

                    What's up with a 3 p.m. tip today at Gannon?

                    Times must be pretty bad up there to have IUP in town and not play Saturday primetime.

                    I don't get why so many schools play in the afternoon. Factually proven across the NCAA night games draw the best. People have too much else going on mid-day.

                    To me, playing at 3 p.m. means the school realizes they will draw crap at either time slot so might as well get it over with earlier. I'm sure the players like the 3 p.m. road game. They'll be back by 9 p.m. and can still have a night out.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Iup basketball

                      Looking around from the IUP perspective, it is now 'win out' mode to have a shot at hosting.

                      They win out with their resume and it would be hard to put somebody ahead of them.

                      One slip, however, could send them from hosting to a 3 seed. WL and VSU are right with them. Recall one of VSU's losses is against IUP ... at IUP -- certainly a loss they won't get docked much for taking in the metrics.

                      The 3 seed is a much harder path than the 1 seed.

                      Get out of Gannon today and take care of UPJ up there on Wednesday. The last four after that should be blowout wins.

                      Keep the PSAC Tournament at the KCAC and they would be favored to win it.

                      One game at a time, of course, but the time has come to start looking big picture.

                      My opinion is they control their own path. While the polls have bumped WL ahead I don't think the actual regional rankings will -- so long as they win out.

                      The other big item to winning the West is it means they wouldn't have to see Mercyhurst again until the final (if you assume the Lakers keep rolling). That would mean SRU and Mercy would (likely) play again prior to final four of the conference tournament.
                      Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-09-2019, 11:26 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Iup basketball

                        Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        Looking around from the IUP perspective, it is now 'win out' mode to have a shot at hosting.

                        They win out with their resume and it would be hard to put somebody ahead of them.

                        One slip, however, could send them from hosting to a 3 seed. WL and VSU are right with them. Recall one of VSU's losses is against IUP ... at IUP -- certainly a loss they won't get docked much for taking in the metrics.

                        The 3 seed is a much harder path than the 1 seed.

                        Get out of Gannon today and take care of UPJ up there on Wednesday. The last four after that should be blowout wins.

                        Keep the PSAC Tournament at the KCAC and they would be favored to win it.

                        One game at a time, of course, but the time has come to start looking big picture.

                        My opinion is they control their own path. While the polls have bumped WL ahead I don't think the actual regional rankings will -- so long as they win out.
                        They do control their own path, and their path is slightly easier than the other two. But I expect all three to probably take a loss before the NCAA tournament. the CIAA tournament is always a surprise, the PSAC is strong enough to have 5 teams that could win the tournament. Somebody is bound to get hot, and be a real problem for IUP. The MEC is not much different. Bolte gets hot during the tournament, and they'll be in. Who will dodge the bullet, and who can take a loss and still be in good shape. Its going to be interesting.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Iup basketball

                          Agree. I like Saturday night tips better myself. The hall of fame DH is in afternoon due to induction dinner that evening. But that is next week. The Mercyhurst DH is at night on 2/23. Not sure why this is afternoon.

                          Gannon ladies hanging with IUP at halftime. We’ll see what happens.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Iup basketball

                            Appears to be a nice crowd for the ladies. Jack said it is loud in there.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Iup basketball

                              Doing a great, great job of keeping this game close. Holy Smokes.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Iup basketball

                                Dante may have 10 TOs by halftime.

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X