Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
    For what it's worth, at the Concord game the student radio station wasn't in attendance either. Not to age discriminate, but the two camera people underneath either basket didn't look to be of normal student age, either.
    Who knows. IUP hasn't done real hot at the gate, either. Through (3) home dates they've averaged 1,340. Granted, that's tops in the league so far, but I'd say a disappointing number for the KCAC. The best crowd of the season so far was the Le Moyne game -- lot of energy. It was also free tee-shirt night. Hopefully the students who came for the shirts had a good time and come back.

I suspect the crowds this weekend will be terrible with the holiday break. Saturday is going to be a good game, too.

The 'funeral season' starts soon, too. Our state schools getting 7 weeks off for holiday break is mind-numbing to me, but, nonetheless. That's a long stretch with no students, cheerleaders, dance teams, etc. It actually feels like an IUP football game. LOL.

There was also talk that the pep band would attend games this year. That hasn't happened yet.

Season is off to an odd start.

Comment

• I don't know why we play in that stupid Pickle Classic almost every year. Mt Olive and Barton hasn't been good for years. I had a feeling we would lose one of those games.

Anyway, no video for the Thanksgiving games? That sucks. Now I have to go to the games.

I wish we were undefeated going in. Because in all honestly we have talent I'm just not sure we have figured out how to play together yet. But we are definitely not alone in the aspect. IUP seems to be having that same problem. When one guy has to literally take over a game for a team to win, that could be a problem.

I hope it's not freezing cold when I come.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post
        I don't know why we play in that stupid Pickle Classic almost every year. Mt Olive and Barton hasn't been good for years. I had a feeling we would lose one of those games.

Anyway, no video for the Thanksgiving games? That sucks. Now I have to go to the games.

I wish we were undefeated going in. Because in all honestly we have talent I'm just not sure we have figured out how to play together yet. But we are definitely not alone in the aspect. IUP seems to be having that same problem. When one guy has to literally take over a game for a team to win, that could be a problem.

I hope it's not freezing cold when I come.
        Keep in mind IUP played at Bowie without its point guard and best defender. So, it became very apparent they are a much different team without him. Luckily, he'll be back this weekend. Teams get pretty discombobulated without their point guard. Luckily they got out of there with a win. David Morris is also perhaps the best defender in the PSAC, so their defense took a major hit. They still put up 90 without him, but that trademark IUP defense wasn't the same.

IUP has a terrific starting unit. The bench scares me a bit. They are fine in short spurts, but I'm not sure any of them are ready for larger roles. Granted, the first three off the bench are all either Redshirt or Covid freshmen. The bench needs to stay in that 8-12 mpg role this year. It will be problematic if any of them have to start playing 25+.

Not going to win every game by 25. Survive the nights when adversity strikes and move along.

I suspect the IUP vs VSU game will be a similar affair as the past two meetings. Low-scoring, etc. The most points scored in the series was 70 in IUP's 70-67 win in 2019. I anticipate another grinder.

VSU's second game up here won't be easy, either. Pitt-Johnstown is pretty good this year. They just gave West Liberty quite a fight.

Comment

• Since nothing fires up this board like a good old-fashioned debate, ........... After three games, would you take a healthy IUP over whatever it is Jeff Capel is putting out at Pitt?

Comment

Since nothing fires up this board like a good old-fashioned debate, ........... After three games, would you take a healthy IUP over whatever it is Jeff Capel is putting out at Pitt?
            Yes

Comment

Since nothing fires up this board like a good old-fashioned debate, ........... After three games, would you take a healthy IUP over whatever it is Jeff Capel is putting out at Pitt?

Comment

Comment

• Capel has no chance of surviving this season. They are going to be historically awful once ACC play starts. Winless, likely. One more injury or arrest and they'll have a 6-man rotation.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Capel has no chance of surviving this season. They are going to be historically awful once ACC play starts. Winless, likely. One more injury or arrest and they'll have a 6-man rotation.
                    I agree! I'm not saying Will Jeffress is a bad player but he's not ready for that big stage of the ACC. I put Will next to Demo/Ethan and our two guys stack up better right now. Demo is a much better defender and shooter! Also, look at the IUP/Illinois game. Illinois is way better than Pitt and IUP hung with them for the better part of 32 minutes without Armoni!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I agree! I'm not saying Will Jeffress is a bad player but he's not ready for that big stage of the ACC. I put Will next to Demo/Ethan and our two guys stack up better right now. Demo is a much better defender and shooter! Also, look at the IUP/Illinois game. Illinois is way better than Pitt and IUP hung with them for the better part of 32 minutes without Armoni!
                      Armoni and Shawndale both start at Pitt right now. That's not sarcasm. They are better than any of Pitt's guards.

Comment

Armoni and Shawndale both start at Pitt right now. That's not sarcasm. They are better than any of Pitt's guards.
                        I can't disagree with you...

Comment

• The first 'Hawk Talk Coach Lombardi' show was on the radio last night (filmed/broadcast from the Hilton).

Couple items of note:

* Joe said Morris had a great practice Monday and will return this weekend. He said had the Bowie State game been a playoff game he would have went. Morris was also promoted to team captain yesterday along with Armoni and Shawndale.

* IUP will play Syracuse next year for its exhibition

* He said Ethan Porterfield had a battle with bronchitis through the first several games and it hampered him a bit ... said it has run his course and he's looking better.

* Said Demo's minutes will now bump up in to the low 30s moving forward as he's played his way back. Demo was this weeks guest.

* Joe said they know a big test is looming Saturday and they are excited for it.

* The team is delivering hams and turkeys today to families in need in Indiana

Much different show than the football version. Joe is pretty 'interview savy' so it has a better flow to it along with some humor. Despite Salem not having this game on its schedule, they are under the impression they are coming. LOL.

Comment

The first 'Hawk Talk Coach Lombardi' show was on the radio last night (filmed/broadcast from the Hilton).

Couple items of note:

* Joe said Morris had a great practice Monday and will return this weekend. He said had the Bowie State game been a playoff game he would have went. Morris was also promoted to team captain yesterday along with Armoni and Shawndale.

* IUP will play Syracuse next year for its exhibition

* He said Ethan Porterfield had a battle with bronchitis through the first several games and it hampered him a bit ... said it has run his course and he's looking better.

* Said Demo's minutes will now bump up in to the low 30s moving forward as he's played his way back. Demo was this weeks guest.

* Joe said they know a big test is looming Saturday and they are excited for it.

* The team is delivering hams and turkeys today to families in need in Indiana

Much different show than the football version. Joe is pretty 'interview savy' so it has a better flow to it along with some humor. Despite Salem not having this game on its schedule, they are under the impression they are coming. LOL.
                            The Salem thing is baffling!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

The Salem thing is baffling!!!
                              I have to assume they are coming they way Jack and Joe were talking last night. But, man, that is 5 away games in 8 days for Salem. Life of the independent, I suppose.

The other really odd thing is Salem even put out a Tweet about the 'week ahead' and had all the sporting events listed -- but didn't mention the two games this week at IUP. Odd for sure.

Comment

I have to assume they are coming they way Jack and Joe were talking last night. But, man, that is 5 away games in 8 days for Salem. Life of the independent, I suppose.

The other really odd thing is Salem even put out a Tweet about the 'week ahead' and had all the sporting events listed -- but didn't mention the two games this week at IUP. Odd for sure.
                                So Salem doesn't look like their typical lay up self this year. Could be an interesting weekend IF THEY SHOW UP! hahaha

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X