Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Absolutely for tomorrow. But I note we had the same issue last season and still made (and won) the SR1 finals. We'll be in the SR1 finals again this year. Question is, will IUP? It's been half a decade since they have made it that far...even with the yearly preaseason pronouncements of IUP being loaded!
    Get a life. Nobody trolled WL losing this week. Keep the **** out of this thread. Tiring.

This isn't the football side.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Absolutely for tomorrow. But I note we had the same issue last season and still made (and won) the SR1 finals. We'll be in the SR1 finals again this year. Question is, will IUP? It's been half a decade since they have made it that far...even with the yearly preaseason pronouncements of IUP being loaded!
      Guess you enjoyed winning a water down region last year. Guess beating teams like Malone had you ready to get dirt rolled by NWMSU in the elite 8.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Guess you enjoyed winning a water down region last year. Guess beating teams like Malone had you ready to get dirt rolled by NWMSU in the elite 8.
        Best of the PSAC, Mercyhurst, was there. Better to lose in the Elite 8 then to be watching on TV!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Get a life. Nobody trolled WL losing this week. Keep the **** out of this thread. Tiring.

This isn't the football side.
          Ohh...I don't think I'll be doing that!

Comment

• Good news is the team appears to be getting pretty healthy.

Morris returned and looked fine against Virginia State. Joe only played him 24 minutes as an ease-back but had the game been closer he seemed fine. Demo played with his finger wrapped and had a very productive game.

Sulaiman and Diop played a combined 30 minutes. Radford and Polce combined for 24 minutes. All four were able to get some nice court time mixed in with the starters.

Comment

Good news is the team appears to be getting pretty healthy.

Morris returned and looked fine against Virginia State. Joe only played him 24 minutes as an ease-back but had the game been closer he seemed fine. Demo played with his finger wrapped and had a very productive game.

Sulaiman and Diop played a combined 30 minutes. Radford and Polce combined for 24 minutes. All four were able to get some nice court time mixed in with the starters.
              David lost time with two fouls in just over 4 minutes into the game.

Comment

David lost time with two fouls in just over 4 minutes into the game.
                Forgot about that second quick one. Regardless, I'd have liked to see Bryce get more than 10 minutes in that game. It was over at halftime. I'd prefer to get them as much experience as possible in live action because undoubtedly a time will come when they have to play in crunch time.

I did like Diop on Saturday. He has a knack for just kind of making things happen. He actually has a nice shooting touch, too. He had a great turn-around jumper and also a nice sky-hook. He's very quick for 6'10". I could see him justifiably getting 8-10 mpg. He's still kind of raw but there is upside.

Comment

Forgot about that second quick one. Regardless, I'd have liked to see Bryce get more than 10 minutes in that game. It was over at halftime. I'd prefer to get them as much experience as possible in live action because undoubtedly a time will come when they have to play in crunch time.

I did like Diop on Saturday. He has a knack for just kind of making things happen. He actually has a nice shooting touch, too. He had a great turn-around jumper and also a nice sky-hook. He's very quick for 6'10". I could see him justifiably getting 8-10 mpg. He's still kind of raw but there is upside.

Comment

• I remember back in 2019 Tort left Duane Brown in a blowout win against Gannon far too long. Duane got hurt with them up 35 points and then missed a week or two. A couple extra stats aren't worth it.

Comment

I remember back in 2019 Tort left Duane Brown in a blowout win against Gannon far too long. Duane got hurt with them up 35 points and then missed a week or two. A couple extra stats aren't worth it.
                      Exactly! No need to get these top 5/6 hurt! Use the 7 through whatever when it calls for it!

Comment

Good news is the team appears to be getting pretty healthy.

Can we just give IUP the Atlantic Region trophy right now?

This is a completely different team when healthy. I was expecting a little bit more competitive game. LOL. Then we went down the road and got beat again by UPJ.

Not looking good for us. Our team is way too inexperienced and has not played together long.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post

Can we just give IUP the Atlantic Region trophy right now?

This is a completely different team when healthy. I was expecting a little bit more competitive game. LOL. Then we went down the road and got beat again by UPJ.

Not looking good for us. Our team is way too inexperienced and has not played together long.
                          Covid year appears to be the best thing that ever happened to the PSAC West. Looking pretty tough over there this season, and Ship is walking right into the middle of it in December.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Covid year appears to be the best thing that ever happened to the PSAC West. Looking pretty tough over there this season, and Ship is walking right into the middle of it in December.
                            Seems where the West lucked out was nobody had any stars leave. Then, several of the teams added an extra piece.

It won't look like this next year. Several teams will take heavy losses due to graduation and eligibility. But, yeah, this year is nuts. I said the other night Slippery Rock may finish 7th in the West and just about won at Charleston. I think whomever stays healthiest in the West will win it.

The league as a whole is tough. The East isn't as deep but has some really good teams. I suspect ESU will get back on track here soon ... very odd to see them at 0-3.

Your boys have quite the gauntlet coming up here.

Comment

Seems where the West lucked out was nobody had any stars leave. Then, several of the teams added an extra piece.

It won't look like this next year. Several teams will take heavy losses due to graduation and eligibility. But, yeah, this year is nuts. I said the other night Slippery Rock may finish 7th in the West and just about won at Charleston. I think whomever stays healthiest in the West will win it.

The league as a whole is tough. The East isn't as deep but has some really good teams. I suspect ESU will get back on track here soon ... very odd to see them at 0-3.

Your boys have quite the gauntlet coming up here.
                              Yup, it is college ball and every season brings something new. Like you said, the West had some good people coming back and have augmented that. Obviously Mercyhurst, especially with playing some last year, has taken a big step up. Ship has a nice core, but Castello was a big loss, and the injury to Biss has left the team with virtually no experienced depth. Fite was not in a good position to bring in extra help as he already had a large junior core and a bunch of untested frosh and redshirt frosh on the roster. He did get Johnson, who looks poised to have a very good year. Getting Biss back in something approaching healthy condition is a must if the Raiders are going to make any noise in the East this year, and they'll need to get minutes for guys such as Dunn and Recchia to get them ready for next season. Millersville and West Chester will be there and, like you, I think East Stroud's start is a little deceptive. Wilson coaches differently than anybody else in the PSAC, and sometimes it takes his teams a while to get rolling.

I'm hoping to pick up a win or two in December, but I sure don't see any gimmes on the horizon. Wilmington was probably the only bad team on our early schedule.

Comment

Exactly! No need to get these top 5/6 hurt! Use the 7 through whatever when it calls for it!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X