Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, it's the time of the year we can pretend like IUP will have a deep rotation. And, of course, Joe will laugh and set his 7 to (maybe) 8-man lineup.

My guess:

Starting Five

David Morris
    Shawndale Jones
    Dallis Dillard
    Ethan Porterfield
    Tomiwa Sulaiman

First guard sub: Kyle Polce
    First post sub: Damir Brooks

I do think Jaylen Stewart is going to play this year -- probably more as year progresses. Same with Ousmane Diop. I'd love to see Diop get more minutes (not saying 20 but at least 10 per game).

KJ Rhodes will be a backup at numerous positions.

I've also heard they like the big boy from Australia (Callum MacNamara).

I'd be shocked if the two true freshmen don't redshirt. There's just not enough minutes to justify burning a year of eligibility. Both could play this year if needed.

Nolan Burk and Enrique Cordon give them some nice (deep) depth. Both have been in the program for awhile and are capable of logging some minutes.

Not sure who was training Dillard this offseason but he got jacked up. I'd bet he's up 10 pounds of muscle.

I've been saying it for a year now ... wait until you see Damir Brooks. Joe's going to have trouble keeping him off the floor. But, that's good. It will spell Ethan and Tomiwa without losing much on the floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Joe got a lofty preseason ranking in the 2022-23 D2 Men's Basketball Preseason Power 10 Rankings

1. Northwest Missouri State
      2. IUP
      3. Augusta
      4. Minnesota Duluth
      5. Nova Southeastern
      6. West Texas A&M
      7. Black Hills State
      8. Lincoln Memorial
      9. West Liberty
      10. Cal State San Bernardino

First Five Out (in alphabetical order)

Augustana
      Central Oklahoma
      Cal State San Marcos
      Fairmont State
      Northern State

Mercyhurst made the "Also Considered" list.

Comment on IUP

"There is a lot of talent returning from last year's national semifinalists' squad. That includes Shawndale Jones, who was leading D2 in scoring when he was lost for the season to injury early on -- and this team still went that far. The Crimson Hawks should score a lot and run the PSAC."
      Well, they should get a lofty ranking. They were semifinalists last year and return almost everybody. Barring injury troubles, it's hard to see anybody in the PSAC challenging them, especially since most of the other squads come into the season with question marks.

Comment

• IUP is playing at Niagara today in a scrimmage ... Syracuse in an exhibition on Tuesday.

Comment

IUP is playing at Niagara today in a scrimmage ... Syracuse in an exhibition on Tuesday.
          The Syracuse game is on ESPN 3

Comment

• Ended the last two seasons short-handed and starting this season short-handed.

It appears neither Ousmane Diop or Dallis Dillard made the trip to Syracuse. So, I'm assuming our true freshman PG is going to make his first start tonight. Or, they move Morris to PG and start Polce. Disappointing.

Hopefully, this is a one-game thing and both are back for Miami.

Comment

Ended the last two seasons short-handed and starting this season short-handed.

It appears neither Ousmane Diop or Dallis Dillard made the trip to Syracuse. So, I'm assuming our true freshman PG is going to make his first start tonight. Or, they move Morris to PG and start Polce. Disappointing.

Hopefully, this is a one-game thing and both are back for Miami.
              Fingers crossed that those two missing isn't anything major.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Fingers crossed that those two missing isn't anything major.
                I'll take an educated guess Dillard is back for Miami. I think this is a one-game (non-injury) item. Boys will be boys. No idea on Diop. He practiced Saturday morning before they left.

The killer, obviously, is Dillard will be a starter so this is hurting the development of the new rotation.

Comment

I'll take an educated guess Dillard is back for Miami. I think this is a one-game (non-injury) item. Boys will be boys. No idea on Diop. He practiced Saturday morning before they left.

The killer, obviously, is Dillard will be a starter so this is hurting the development of the new rotation.

Polce out matches early.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Polce out matches early.
                    KJ playing F against ACC team at 6'4"

Not gonna work well

I assume those would have been Ouzi's minutes.

Comment

• Damir !!

Comment

• SH transfer also not dressed

Comment

• Shawndale looks good. Hopefully Joe keeps him at 20 mins.

Comment

• Tomiwa is a stud

Comment

• Porterfield finally makes one! 3!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post
                                Tomiwa is a stud
                                Shhhhhhh

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...