Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streak lives another year.

As their web site told us a couple years ago ....

Drive home safe, fu@kers

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Streak lives another year.

As their web site told us a couple years ago ....

Drive home safe, fu@kers
      So this was the biggest crowd ever but there are 5000 seats right?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Announced 3,648

NOT the biggest

That still belongs to the debacle of Silent Night

Comment

Announced 3,648

NOT the biggest

That still belongs to the debacle of Silent Night
          What an idiot, who promotes silent night? Idiot!!! Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

What an idiot, who promotes silent night? Idiot!!! Lol
            There seemed to be some confusion about the record attendance on the post-game show. Jack thought yesterday was the record and the previous record was a game against Gannon a few years ago. Then Joe said the record was opening night of the KCAC, I believe against Seton Hill? I think what’s really happening is everyone is getting old and can’t remember! LOL

Comment

• Silent Night record lives on baby! Let’s go!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                Silent Night record lives on baby! Let’s go!
                Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

There seemed to be some confusion about the record attendance on the post-game show. Jack thought yesterday was the record and the previous record was a game against Gannon a few years ago. Then Joe said the record was opening night of the KCAC, I believe against Seton Hill? I think what’s really happening is everyone is getting old and can’t remember! LOL
                  If students showed up yesterday the record would have fallen. They had 3,624 and next to no students.

It was an amazing 'townie' turnout for sure.

Comment

If students showed up yesterday the record would have fallen. They had 3,624 and next to no students.

It was an amazing 'townie' turnout for sure.
                    If they won’t turn out for a legit national contender in basketball in a state of the art arena they aren’t going to watch a national
                    pretender in a 62 year old foosball field.

Students at this level just don’t care about the sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I think there 4,000 chair-backs.

To my memory, the Silent Night game was the biggest gate ever (a hair over 3,900). Yesterday was not the record. That was reported incorrectly by the sports information department.

Comment

• Another dreadful day shooting from deep (5 for 23).

David went 1 for 11.

They could have blown that game wide open had they made some deep shots.

Everything else was pretty good. That's not an easy lineup to hold to 60 points.

Comment

Another dreadful day shooting from deep (5 for 23).

David went 1 for 11.

Everything else was pretty good. That's not an easy lineup to hold to 60 points.
                          I 100% agree, they played a good game other than the long ball. I’m thinking we’re going to have to deal with the poor shooting. Nothing indicates that they’ll break out of the 2 plus month slump.

Comment

Another dreadful day shooting from deep (5 for 23).

David went 1 for 11.

The deep-shooting funk seems to be consistent this season. As someone who follows another program it's kind of puzzled me as some of these IUP players have been pretty deadly at range in the past. Are they tossing up bad shots, not getting into an offensive rhythm, or simply not hitting open looks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

The deep-shooting funk seems to be consistent this season. As someone who follows another program it's kind of puzzled me as some of these IUP players have been pretty deadly at range in the past. Are they tossing up bad shots, not getting into an offensive rhythm, or simply not hitting open looks?
                              Hard to say. David Morris had a similar funk at about this same time last year and then went crazy the final 7-8 games of the year.

The one reason I think it will improve here shortly is Ethan Porterfield is getting healthy. He's looked much better the past couple games and even said after the SRU game that was the first game all year he felt pretty good out there. It was noticeably visible. He wasn't hobbling and looked a full step faster.

Everything changes for IUP when he's healthy (healthier). They become a whole different animal to deal with and are much harder to defend. It was pretty clear the past 4-5 weeks teams knew he was hobbled which allowed them to suffocate others. A healthy Ethan puts a 6'9", 230 lb guy in the middle of the offense -- who can hit sky hooks, treys, pick-n-rolls and he's also a great passer. Ethan puts a lot of fear in to teams which takes heat off of others.

Joe decided to let them shoot out of this ... some think he should have limited the shots -- and who was taking them. If they get the trey ball humming again, they are going to be a load.

As we've seen, they can win without the deep shot. Hell, they've shot it horrible for 6 weeks now. But, Ethan is the key to everything this season.

Comment

• Joe L is sitting courtside at the Pitt - GT game tonight

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X