Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Did he send a rarely used player in to headhunt? I was distracted when that whole situation went down.
    No way was that kid sent in to head hunt. I'm still not even certain it was a flagrant. He went up for the block and Shawndale pumped the ball. The kid dropped his arms and it locked like he was around the neck but he still got two hands on the ball. Was it a foul, yes but flagrant I'm not so sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

The kid (Hannah) is rarely used but he is the #7 man if they have to go that deep. They started running into foul trouble so they needed him. I wouldn’t say he was put in to deliver an intentional foul. That’s just how it played out. He plays 10-11 minutes per game and rarely scores.

Cal was tired down the stretch. They started to crumble on the defensive end. They hit a few threes to keep it interesting but IUP was clearly the fresher team in the second half.
      If I remember correctly, that Hannah kid fouled out in something like 8 minutes of court time against WLU during opening weekend. I remember commenting on it in the Cal thread because one of the Cal posters was wondering aloud if he'd be a productive player (and the answer was then and is now: "no"). As a result, I don't think he's necessarily a hired goon so much as he is a) aggressive and b) sucks at defense. That combo can get you into trouble.

Comment

Not only does Joe own Danny, he’s in the guy’s head. I’m convinced of that after watching his little tantrum play out right in front of me. When they huddled and called the intentional foul, which was the right call, Danny lost it. His exact words as he’s pointing at Joe…”F$@* that guy!” Then he points addresses Joe directly with something to the effect of him whining and getting every call. At that point the building erupted and I couldn’t make it out. Anyway, for him to address Joe directly says it all. He absolutely should have been T’d up for that outburst. When I can clearly hear the F bomb sitting with my six year old in Row 5, that’s not acceptable. As the saying goes, winners focus on winning and losers focus on winners. Cal’s season is over again at the hands of IUP.

The atmosphere at the KCAC was electric. With about 15 minutes before game time I was concerned because the crowd wasn’t looking great and it was kind of quiet in the place. Then out of nowhere it filled in and it was on. Great job by the fans and all involved. Even my kid started yelling late in the game and he usually barely pays attention. The players were feeling the energy too. I thought it was hilarious when Tomiwa encouraged the crowd to get on the ref after a foul call in the second half. Tomiwa also had something to say to Danny too late in the first half. Per usual, the crowd and team responds to his energy. He didn’t add much to the scoresheet but he dominated the boards.

Ethan was obviously great. Overall it was good team basketball. Nobody tried to do too much. Dallis was an unsung hero again. I’ll give credit where it’s due with KJ who had meaningful productive minutes. Dave hit a couple big threes. Stewart hit a couple as well. Shawndale had some pretty drives. He’s a strong kid that Cal has no answer for when he drives to the rim. I was surprised Kyle didn’t see the floor.

That stage was too big for Cal. That wasn't nearly the same team we saw last weekend. They battled but they didn't have that same spark and confidence. It was tight at halftime but never should have been. IUP should have easily been up 10 at the break. Cal got some garbage points at the end to make it look a little closer.

The Vulcans looked tired in the second half. I think playing 4 tough games in 8 days finally caught up to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That stage was too big for Cal. That wasn't nearly the same team we saw last weekend. They battled but they didn't have that same spark and confidence. It was tight at halftime but never should have been. IUP should have easily been up 10 at the break. Cal got some garbage points at the end to make it look a little closer.

The Vulcans looked tired in the second half. I think playing 4 tough games in 8 days finally caught up to them.
          What a debacle the end of the first half was. KJ's stupid foul and the foul on the chucked half court shot. Gave Cal 5 points amongst other things that happened.

Imagine if Tomiwa didn't get two phantom fouls to sit on the bench. His second foul in the first half he clearly boxed out properly and got called. Atrocious! That's the only reason KJ got on to the floor for his terrible hack foul.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

What a debacle the end of the first half was. KJ's stupid foul and the foul on the chucked half court shot. Gave Cal 5 points amongst other things that happened.

Imagine if Tomiwa didn't get two phantom fouls to sit on the bench. His second foul in the first half he clearly boxed out properly and got called. Atrocious!
            Worst crew in the entire Region. Perhaps the worst crew in D2. They tired their best to ruin the game. Time and time again those three make themselves the show - two of them in particular.

They called a combined 55 fouls (1.375 per minute). Three players fouled out. A fourth, Hall, should have fouled out but they called it on somebody else instead. Three others had 4 fouls apiece.

They also called so many 'make up' fouls it was sickening. What's the odds of one team having 23 fouls and the other having 22 fouls. I'm sure it was just a coincidence.

Ironically they were calling fouls for basically breathing but they let Danny walk all over them all night.

Comment

Worst crew in the entire Region. Perhaps the worst crew in D2. They tired their best to ruin the game. Time and time again those three make themselves the show - two of them in particular.

They called a combined 55 fouls (1.375 per minute). Three players fouled out. A fourth, Hall, should have fouled out but they called it on somebody else instead. Three others had 4 fouls apiece.

They also called so many 'make up' fouls it was sickening. What's the odds of one team having 23 fouls and the other having 22 fouls. I'm sure it was just a coincidence.

Ironically they were calling fouls for basically breathing but they let Danny walk all over them all night.
              You make a great point about Danny. He is still one of the biggest cry babies around. It's crazy that he doesn't have to be. He's a good coach/recruiter. Why does he feel like he has to cry every game to the officials. Last night he should've been ejected. His tirad in the second half should've got him the double T and bye bye. You can't swear at officials and swear/degrade the other coach.

Comment

You make a great point about Danny. He is still one of the biggest cry babies around. It's crazy that he doesn't have to be. He's a good coach/recruiter. Why does he feel like he has to cry every game to the officials. Last night he should've been ejected. His tirad in the second half should've got him the double T and bye bye. You can't swear at officials and swear/degrade the other coach.
                He finally lost it. I don't how much you can hear on the IUP video feed but that place was extremely loud last night and the crowd went after Danny pretty hard from the start. The KCAC is a tough place to play -- the crowd really gets in players and coaches' heads.

It became pretty apparent -- I'd say from early in the second half -- Cal wasn't going to keep up. I think he realized it, too, and between the thought of losing yet again to Joe and getting hammered by the crowd he just lost it.

The ironic part was up to that point, Cal was actually getting most of the controversial calls.

Joe's actually pretty tame now on the sideline compared to his younger years. But, I've said it forever, nobody works officials better than he does.

No doubt, Danny should have been ejected. It was a really embarrassing moment for him.

Comment

He finally lost it. I don't how much you can hear on the IUP video feed but that place was extremely loud last night and the crowd went after Danny pretty hard from the start. The KCAC is a tough place to play -- the crowd really gets in players and coaches' heads.

It became pretty apparent -- I'd say from early in the second half -- Cal wasn't going to keep up. I think he realized it, too, and between the thought of losing yet again to Joe and getting hammered by the crowd he just lost it.

The ironic part was up to that point, Cal was actually getting most of the controversial calls.

Joe's actually pretty tame now on the sideline compared to his younger years. But, I've said it forever, nobody works officials better than he does.

No doubt, Danny should have been ejected. It was a really embarrassing moment for him.
                  You could read Danny's lips on the video since they zoomed in and he was definitely pointing in the direction of the IUP bench. Did they shake hands after the game?

Comment

You could read Danny's lips on the video since they zoomed in and he was definitely pointing in the direction of the IUP bench. Did they shake hands after the game?
                    His tirade should be a meme today. We could have fun with that picture.

I guess he was surprised Hannah got a flagrant after neck tackling Shawndale. LOL.

That was probably the best freak out in the KCAC since the days of Kevin Reynolds.

Danny is now 0-12 against Joe.

Comment

His tirade should be a meme today. We could have fun with that picture.

I guess he was surprised Hannah got a flagrant after neck tackling Shawndale. LOL.

That was probably the best freak out in the KCAC since the days of Kevin Reynolds.

Danny is now 0-12 against Joe.
                      I’m still not sure it was a flagrant. The kid got both hands on the ball.

Comment

I heard exactly what he said. While pointing at Joe he screamed at the ref, “F#$K that guy.” Implying they handed Joe the call because he complained. Then once the crowd lit into him he had more to say and Joe exchanged a couple words with him, I couldn’t make out what was said. Danny definitely showed his a$$ last night. There’s no way I’d want that clown coaching here if the opportunity presented itself.

Comment

I’m still not sure it was a flagrant. The kid got both hands on the ball.
                          I re-watched the play today. The IUP broadcast showed the replay about 8 times.

What we have to keep in mind is the officials saw it once in real time. The KCAC video board showed the replay several times which got the already heated crowd much more heated ... so it's possible they did look up there.

Yes, he did get both hands on the ball -- but, how did he do that (essentially via a neck tackle, attempted headlock, ... whatever you want to call it).

What's interesting (and I didn't catch last night) was after the call the game was eventually started back up. Shawndale was at the line ready to shoot and then he turns back to see all the commotion. So, Danny's freak out actually happened while the whistles had been blown to start the game back up. Not only did he act like an a$$ but he delayed the game. It's amazing no technical was called on him or he wasn't ejected.

Comment

Not only does Joe own Danny, he’s in the guy’s head. I’m convinced of that after watching his little tantrum play out right in front of me. When they huddled and called the intentional foul, which was the right call, Danny lost it. His exact words as he’s pointing at Joe…”F$@* that guy!” Then he points addresses Joe directly with something to the effect of him whining and getting every call. At that point the building erupted and I couldn’t make it out. Anyway, for him to address Joe directly says it all. He absolutely should have been T’d up for that outburst. When I can clearly hear the F bomb sitting with my six year old in Row 5, that’s not acceptable. As the saying goes, winners focus on winning and losers focus on winners. Cal’s season is over again at the hands of IUP.

The atmosphere at the KCAC was electric. With about 15 minutes before game time I was concerned because the crowd wasn’t looking great and it was kind of quiet in the place. Then out of nowhere it filled in and it was on. Great job by the fans and all involved. Even my kid started yelling late in the game and he usually barely pays attention. The players were feeling the energy too. I thought it was hilarious when Tomiwa encouraged the crowd to get on the ref after a foul call in the second half. Tomiwa also had something to say to Danny too late in the first half. Per usual, the crowd and team responds to his energy. He didn’t add much to the scoresheet but he dominated the boards.

Ethan was obviously great. Overall it was good team basketball. Nobody tried to do too much. Dallis was an unsung hero again. I’ll give credit where it’s due with KJ who had meaningful productive minutes. Dave hit a couple big threes. Stewart hit a couple as well. Shawndale had some pretty drives. He’s a strong kid that Cal has no answer for when he drives to the rim. I was surprised Kyle didn’t see the floor.

You are correct. The building was close to empty 20 minutes before tip-off. It was really weird. Then it was like 'poof' and booming within 5 minutes. I've never seen that in all the years in that building. It went from empty to 3,300 people in about 6 minutes. Their night games started at 7:30 p.m. all year and last night tipped at 7 p.m. Wonder if that was the curveball.

Atmosphere-wise, that was the best crowd since the regional final last year against Cal ... really loud and engaged.

Comment

I heard exactly what he said. While pointing at Joe he screamed at the ref, “F#$K that guy.” Implying they handed Joe the call because he complained. Then once the crowd lit into him he had more to say and Joe exchanged a couple words with him, I couldn’t make out what was said. Danny definitely showed his a$$ last night. There’s no way I’d want that clown coaching here if the opportunity presented itself.
                              Coach Sancomb is a Jekyll and Hyde. Very nice guy off the court, great coach. But something flips after the tip. I went to Cal for a Wlu scrimmage 3 years ago. He was screaming at the refs in a scrimmage, for Pete's sake! We were shaking our heads incredulously. We're talking about practice, man! Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Coach Sancomb is a Jekyll and Hyde. Very nice guy off the court, great coach. But something flips after the tip. I went to Cal for a Wlu scrimmage 3 years ago. He was screaming at the refs in a scrimmage, for Pete's sake! We were shaking our heads incredulously. We're talking about practice, man! Lol
                                Most soft spoken guy you'll ever meet off the court.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X