Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you plan on attending tonight, arrive early. IUP didn't start selling tickets until Monday (and only did during business hours). So, a lot of people will be buying them at the gate (with likely very long lines). They did open online sales yesterday but nobody wants to pay those $7/ticket fees on top of the ticket price. As usual, these are reserved seats tonight aside from the student section and the horseshoe.

Just an FYI.

Not sure what to expect from the Vulcans' fan base tonight. They brought a lot up here for the regional final last year but very few for this same game (PSAC Tournament).

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      If you plan on attending tonight, arrive early. IUP didn't start selling tickets until Monday (and only did during business hours). So, a lot of people will be buying them at the gate (with likely very long lines). They did open online sales yesterday but nobody wants to pay those $7/ticket fees on top of the ticket price. As usual, these are reserved seats tonight aside from the student section and the horseshoe.

Just an FYI.

Not sure what to expect from the Vulcans' fan base tonight. They brought a lot up here for the regional final last year but very few for this same game (PSAC Tournament).
      I picked up our tickets today at around 3:30 and was able to get the same seats I typically do. I was the only person buying tickets. With it being a week night in the middle of the week, it may not be the type of crowd we’d like to see. To the casual observer, IUP is in the quarterfinals of the league tournament against a team they’ve beaten twice this year and 18 consecutive times before that. I hope there’s a turnout but we’ll see.

Here’s something to think about that IUP fans rather wouldn’t. There is a possibility, although slim, that this is the last time this group plays at the KCAC forever. Say IUP gets upset tonight and West Liberty cruises through their tournament. There’s no guarantee IUP gets to host the regional. I know, I just ruined the mood, LOL.

Comment

• ESU about to put away West Chester. Should be an interesting rematch on a neutral court. Hopefully IUP can get a nice contingent to make the trip to Shippensburg.

Comment

• Has Ethan ever had a dunk in a game before? I honestly can’t recall one. That was a sweet assist by our guy KJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
            Has Ethan ever had a dunk in a game before? I honestly can’t recall one. That was a sweet assist by our guy KJ.
            F KJ! Chuck’s up a Hail Mary three and then cherry picks a lay up.

Comment

• Is there a broom emoji?

F Danny
              I'm not arrogant. But, if you act like that bafoon ....

Comment

Has Ethan ever had a dunk in a game before? I honestly can’t recall one. That was a sweet assist by our guy KJ.
                KJ had the game of his life tonight. Good for him. He was overly due.

Comment

ESU about to put away West Chester. Should be an interesting rematch on a neutral court. Hopefully IUP can get a nice contingent to make the trip to Shippensburg.
                  Ship was best case. That's a relatively easy drive from Indiana. I'd guess it would be a very pro IUP crowd at 1pm Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

F KJ! Chuck’s up a Hail Mary three and then cherry picks a lay up.
                    I get thinking other players are more worthy of the minutes he plays, but having so much personal vitriol toward a kid that it actually makes you angry when he does well is weird.

Comment

Is there a broom emoji?

F Danny
                      Did he send a rarely used player in to headhunt? I was distracted when that whole situation went down.

Comment

Is there a broom emoji?

F Danny
                        Not only does Joe own Danny, he’s in the guy’s head. I’m convinced of that after watching his little tantrum play out right in front of me. When they huddled and called the intentional foul, which was the right call, Danny lost it. His exact words as he’s pointing at Joe…”F$@* that guy!” Then he points addresses Joe directly with something to the effect of him whining and getting every call. At that point the building erupted and I couldn’t make it out. Anyway, for him to address Joe directly says it all. He absolutely should have been T’d up for that outburst. When I can clearly hear the F bomb sitting with my six year old in Row 5, that’s not acceptable. As the saying goes, winners focus on winning and losers focus on winners. Cal’s season is over again at the hands of IUP.

The atmosphere at the KCAC was electric. With about 15 minutes before game time I was concerned because the crowd wasn’t looking great and it was kind of quiet in the place. Then out of nowhere it filled in and it was on. Great job by the fans and all involved. Even my kid started yelling late in the game and he usually barely pays attention. The players were feeling the energy too. I thought it was hilarious when Tomiwa encouraged the crowd to get on the ref after a foul call in the second half. Tomiwa also had something to say to Danny too late in the first half. Per usual, the crowd and team responds to his energy. He didn’t add much to the scoresheet but he dominated the boards.

Ethan was obviously great. Overall it was good team basketball. Nobody tried to do too much. Dallis was an unsung hero again. I’ll give credit where it’s due with KJ who had meaningful productive minutes. Dave hit a couple big threes. Stewart hit a couple as well. Shawndale had some pretty drives. He’s a strong kid that Cal has no answer for when he drives to the rim. I was surprised Kyle didn’t see the floor.

Comment

Did he send a rarely used player in to headhunt? I was distracted when that whole situation went down.
                          The kid (Hannah) is rarely used but he is the #7 man if they have to go that deep. They started running into foul trouble so they needed him. I wouldn’t say he was put in to deliver an intentional foul. That’s just how it played out. He plays 10-11 minutes per game and rarely scores.

Cal was tired down the stretch. They started to crumble on the defensive end. They hit a few threes to keep it interesting but IUP was clearly the fresher team in the second half.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

The kid (Hannah) is rarely used but he is the #7 man if they have to go that deep. They started running into foul trouble so they needed him. I wouldn’t say he was put in to deliver an intentional foul. That’s just how it played out. He plays 10-11 minutes per game and rarely scores.

Cal was tired down the stretch. They started to crumble on the defensive end. They hit a few threes to keep it interesting but IUP was clearly the fresher team in the second half.
                            That makes sense. The announcers said that the kid got ejected, which made me think maybe the refs smelled a rat and wanted to keep things from really getting out of hand. Was the kid actually ejected? With all due respect, with student announcers you can’t always trust what they say is totally accurate.

I agree that IUP was in total control that second half. Ethan took over at the start and really sparked them. It was a good win and I would think the regional number one seed, if not totally wrapped up, is pretty close to being so.

Comment

Is there a broom emoji?

F Danny
                              Didn't you want that bafoon as the next IUP coach?

Comment

KJ had the game of his life tonight. Good for him. He was overly due.
                                Good game? Seriously?

He took a terrible foul in the 20 seconds he played in the first half to put Cal on the line for 2 freebies.
                                He took another terrible foul in the second half (both in the back court).

His three ball might have been the worst shot I've ever seen. Rotation was god awful. (All luck)
                                Then he cherry picked the lay up on the next possession.

Only good play he made was the pass to Ethan for the dunk.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X