Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Joe has an impressive 5-1 record vs (officially) regionally ranked teams within the Atlantic.

He also has two more wins against teams officially ranked in other regions (New Haven and Walsh). Those are 'bordering' regions so I'm not sure how they factor. I think they do count, so that would make IUP 7-1 vs regionally ranked teams. That's good resume stuff.
    For the sake of comparison, WLU is only 3-2 against regionally ranked opponents. They're 3-1 in the Atlantic with 2 wins vs. Charleston and one vs. UPJ. The stinker against Fairmont is the in-region loss, and falling asleep for the final 5 minutes of the Lubbock Christian game accounts for the second regionally ranked loss. WLU can likely only grab 1-3 more regionally ranked wins (they play Fairmont this weekend and they'll likely run into one or two of those teams in the MEC tourney).

I think it's safe to say that the Hilton Garden-Indiana should start blocking rooms. I'm just not sure anyone can catch IUP for hosting honors at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

For the sake of comparison, WLU is only 3-2 against regionally ranked opponents. They're 3-1 in the Atlantic with 2 wins vs. Charleston and one vs. UPJ. The stinker against Fairmont is the in-region loss, and falling asleep for the final 5 minutes of the Lubbock Christian game accounts for the second regionally ranked loss. WLU can likely only grab 1-3 more regionally ranked wins (they play Fairmont this weekend and they'll likely run into one or two of those teams in the MEC tourney).

I think it's safe to say that the Hilton Garden-Indiana should start blocking rooms. I'm just not sure anyone can catch IUP for hosting honors at this point.
      I don't think the Lubbock game counts for you guys as it's not a 'bordering' region. The D2 loss counts, obviously, but I don't think it hits you in the 'record vs regionally ranked' category.

There's a long way to go. IUP has a tough game tomorrow and then a trip to face a suddenly-hot California. I wouldn't book any rooms just yet.

Comment

I don't think the Lubbock game counts for you guys as it's not a 'bordering' region. The D2 loss counts, obviously, but I don't think it hits you in the 'record vs regionally ranked' category.

There's a long way to go. IUP has a tough game tomorrow and then a trip to face a suddenly-hot California. I wouldn't book any rooms just yet.
        I booked my room but I can cancel up to 24 hours before at no charge. lol

Comment

I think IUP will host if they get through the rest of the regular season without a loss. I don’t think a loss in the conference tournament puts them on the road. It would make for interesting discussion should WLU win it’s conference tournament and IUP doesn’t.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I think IUP will host if they get through the rest of the regular season without a loss. I don’t think a loss in the conference tournament puts them on the road. It would make for interesting discussion should WLU win it’s conference tournament and IUP doesn’t.
            IUP and WL best worry about tomorrow first lol.

Comment

IUP and WL best worry about tomorrow first lol.
              IUP is going to stomp Slippery Rock, and I expect WLU to win as well, but their task is taller. IUP’s trip to Cal is the one to be more concerned about in my opinion.

Comment

• IUP's average gate is up to 1,774 (4th best in D2).

Tomorrow, for whatever reason, is typically the biggest draw of the year. They should be in the 3,330-3,700 range tomorrow.

The Wednesday night 2nd round of the conference tournament is also traditionally a huge game. Unfortunately after that, Spring Break wrecks havoc on PSAC Final Four weekend and Regional weekend.

Comment

IUP is going to stomp Slippery Rock, and I expect WLU to win as well, but their task is taller. IUP’s trip to Cal is the one to be more concerned about in my opinion.
                  I hope you are correct. IUP played really well up at Morrow. I just hope we don't see their street ball alter ego tomorrow.

They surely don't want to be the team that snaps the streak.

Comment

I hope you are correct. IUP played really well up at Morrow. I just hope we don't see their street ball alter ego tomorrow.

They surely don't want to be the team that snaps the streak.
                    I expect we’ll see a focused group for these last two games. They have to assume if they win them both they’ll be hosting the regional. Plus, it’s Slippery Rock at home on a Saturday afternoon and the place will be packed. They’ll feel threatened going down to Cal for the season finale, which is a big motivator. Joe will have them thinking they’re 10 point dogs going down there.

IUP has three paths to hosting the regional as I see it. The first is simply win the next two and whatever happens in the PSAC tournament is a bonus. The second is lose one of the next two but turn around and win the PSAC tournament. Obviously if they run the table it’s a moot point. All that said, there’s no reason for IUP to not want to win everything in front of them. In a sense, the playoffs start now.

Comment

• The radio broadcast is down today. Someone not pay the bills?

Comment

• I’m wondering why both teams are in dark jerseys?

Comment

• The offense looked much more efficient not letting Shawndale play one on one. Guess what? He scored 20 in the first half working hard off ball.

Comment

• **** Slimey Pebble!

Comment

• Good win by IUP today. First off, hats off to Slippery Rock for playing about as good as they could play for stretches, even fighting back to tie it in the second half. Of course, IUP went on a 15-1 run shortly thereafter and it was lights out. Some really positive things to take away from this one. Ethan looked pretty good and hit a couple threes. He looks like he’s getting stronger. Dallis moved well despite the brace and it looks like his injury is a non issue. Shawndale played within the offense and still managed 24 points and more importantly, seven assists. Tomiwa was a beast but that’s just who he is. Nice contributions from Brooks, Stewart, and even Diop played solid defense and got on the scoresheet. I came out of my seat when he got that dunk late.

Eventually IUP’s depth proved too much, which will be key in the post-season. I haven’t seen a team yet that can match IUP’s depth in terms of how many truly good players they have. You could split this team in half and still have two really good teams. I like the way the team responded when Slippery Rock tied it up. They clamped down on defense and ran some really nice offensive sets. It’s a different offense with Ethan out there. They’re really efficient with the high screen and when teams stay out to guard Ethan they have trouble matching up underneath. It’s a pick your poison situation.

A week off before heading to Cal. To me a win down there locks up the #1 seed in the region irregardless of what happens in the PSAC tournament. West Liberty held off Fairmont in overtime so I assume they’ll be #2. I’m not sure WLU will beat Fairmont on a neutral court, for what it’s worth. I got to see a bit of that game after getting home from the KCAC. By the way, more than 3,600 in the building today. Nicely done IUP fans.

Comment

Good win by IUP today. First off, hats off to Slippery Rock for playing about as good as they could play for stretches, even fighting back to tie it in the second half. Of course, IUP went on a 15-1 run shortly thereafter and it was lights out. Some really positive things to take away from this one. Ethan looked pretty good and hit a couple threes. He looks like he’s getting stronger. Dallis moved well despite the brace and it looks like his injury is a non issue. Shawndale played within the offense and still managed 24 points and more importantly, seven assists. Tomiwa was a beast but that’s just who he is. Nice contributions from Brooks, Stewart, and even Diop played solid defense and got on the scoresheet. I came out of my seat when he got that dunk late.

Eventually IUP’s depth proved too much, which will be key in the post-season. I haven’t seen a team yet that can match IUP’s depth in terms of how many truly good players they have. You could split this team in half and still have two really good teams. I like the way the team responded when Slippery Rock tied it up. They clamped down on defense and ran some really nice offensive sets. It’s a different offense with Ethan out there. They’re really efficient with the high screen and when teams stay out to guard Ethan they have trouble matching up underneath. It’s a pick your poison situation.

A week off before heading to Cal. To me a win down there locks up the #1 seed in the region irregardless of what happens in the PSAC tournament. West Liberty held off Fairmont in overtime so I assume they’ll be #2. I’m not sure WLU will beat Fairmont on a neutral court, for what it’s worth. I got to see a bit of that game after getting home from the KCAC. By the way, more than 3,600 in the building today. Nicely done IUP fans.
                                I'd agree. SRU played as good as it could. IUP took their best shot.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X