Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

St Thomas is good but Frostburg is not so at worst, you should come out of the weekend with one win.
    Yeah, Frostburg's hoops does not appear to be on a par with their football at this point. Ship put up a lot of points on them in a scrimmage, and three PSAC teams have spanked them during the regular season so far. They are 1-4 after a close win over West Virginia Wesleyan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Yeah, Frostburg's hoops does not appear to be on a par with their football at this point. Ship put up a lot of points on them in a scrimmage, and three PSAC teams have spanked them during the regular season so far. They are 1-4 after a close win over West Virginia Wesleyan.
      Dare I say it? They are a tomato can!

Comment

• Well, have watched eight minutes of brick city between UPJ and Frostburg after tuning in to view a little of the IUP-St. Thomas Aquinas game. UPJ and Frostburg are now in OT. Guess one of them will win eventually.

Comment

• After starting the webcast back in the silent era of the 1920s, somebody finally cued up the radio feed. Sounds like they need to move the tuning dial a bit, but hey this is the best stream of the year.

Also, IUP off to a heck of a good start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
            After starting the webcast back in the silent era of the 1920s, somebody finally cued up the radio feed. Sounds like they need to move the tuning dial a bit, but hey this is the best stream of the year.

Also, IUP off to a heck of a good start.
            Yeah, between total silence for the first few minutes followed by the present distorted soundtrack it has been an interesting stream so far.

Comment

• Furtun and Brooks playing more. Waldo may be out of the rotation.

Comment

• Couldn’t sustain the hot offensive start and Aquinas got going, hit several tough shots. Not much KJ in the first half.

This doesn’t feel like a game IUP can win, but actually using the bench might bode well going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                  Furtun and Brooks playing more. Waldo may be out of the rotation.
                  Listening to Joe’s pregame, he wasn’t high on Waldo. Said Ethan’s legs aren’t healthy, Brooks/Sarp would get more minutes and of course he said KJ will get his minutes

Comment

• Why is Sarp getting more minutes??? Yikes!

Comment

• Welp… not enough talent. And that’s a very good St Thomas Aquinas team.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                        Why is Sarp getting more minutes??? Yikes!
                        I said I thought Petteno could be more effective getting 15 minutes instead of 35 (I was wrong), but I didn’t see Sarp being the guy to take a lot of those minutes. I’m not sure it matters how much guys 5-8 play, you just aren’t getting much from them.

Comment

• Thoughts:

1) Joe in his post game said he is probably going to take some red shirts off some guys. He basically implied some of his guys are playing soft and it's time for a competition.
                          2) Sarp is very raw but he is a freshman so I'll give him a pass.
                          3) KJ... enough said, ugh. He's obviously not allowed to shoot. What's that tell you?
                          4) Petteno was a swing and miss for Joe.
                          5) Stewey hasn't stepped up and maybe he isn't capable.
                          6) Dallis, Ethan and Clarke then the rest.
                          7) Who loses their red shirt?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                            Thoughts:

1) Joe in his post game said he is probably going to take some red shirts off some guys. He basically implied some of his guys are playing soft and it's time for a competition.
                            2) Sarp is very raw but he is a freshman so I'll give him a pass.
                            3) KJ... enough said, ugh. He's obviously not allowed to shoot. What's that tell you?
                            4) Petteno was a swing and miss for Joe.
                            5) Stewey hasn't stepped up and maybe he isn't capable.
                            6) Dallis, Ethan and Clarke then the rest.
                            7) Who loses their red shirt?
                            To be fair St Thomas have some good players. One in particular in Patterson. D1 bound no doubt. Lambert and possible Romero-Sanz will be shedding their red shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobra Hawks View Post

To be fair St Thomas have some good players. One in particular in Patterson. D1 bound no doubt. Lambert and possible Romero-Sanz will be shedding their red shirts
                              I was impressed with the St. Thomas team. I really didn't think IUP played too badly for the most part, but that was a good press St. Thomas put on and the biggest difference I saw was that they simply shot better than IUP. The Northwestern student section was mocked some years back for wearing T-shirts that simply said "Make shots," but after all that's the essence of basketball — making more shots than the other team.

Comment

• Yes, that is the assumption but you never know with Joe. He keeps playing KJ for crying out loud.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X