1) California

2) Gannon (and they aren't much behind)

* Insert sizeable gap *

3) Mercyhurst, IUP, SRU (in no order)

6) Seton Hill

7) UPJ

8) Clarion

9) Edinboro
    Clarion falling down is surprising after watching how they finished last year. Rock of course is the rock, talent but...

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Clarion falling down is surprising after watching how they finished last year. Rock of course is the rock, talent but...
      Something seems off with Clarion. I think they'll get going here.

UPJ isn't bad. They just have no depth and keep getting worn down. They are dressing just 8-9 players.

Seton Hill looks fairly decent. They'll be capable of beating some upper-type teams.

Comment

I predict this will be the year Slippery Rock breaks the long losing streak in Indiana.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I predict this will be the year Slippery Rock breaks the long losing streak in Indiana.
          Many West teams will break their losing streaks against IUP this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Many West teams will break their losing streaks against IUP this year.
            Even Edinboro?

Comment

Even Edinboro?
              No. But, from what I've seen of IUP and others I certainly think SRU and Seton Hill will give them battles. We'll see if Clarion wakes up.

I'd say Joe will also be a dog against Gannon (who hasn't beat IUP in a long time).

Same with Cal. IUP has a 20-some game winning streak against Cal. That's highly likely to end this season.

Comment

No. But, from what I've seen of IUP and others I certainly think SRU and Seton Hill will give them battles. We'll see if Clarion wakes up.

I'd say Joe will also be a dog against Gannon (who hasn't beat IUP in a long time).

Same with Cal. IUP has a 20-some game winning streak against Cal. That's highly likely to end this season.
                The nonconference results are leading me to believe that this is not a vintage year for the PSAC. Cal U. and East Stroud seem to be the only teams consistently playing well at this point. That could change, of course, as some of the inexperienced players on many of the teams settle into the D2 groove. I can think of several Ship teams from recent years that would be major contenders to win the league this season. Unfortunately, this year's team doesn't have that kind of firepower at present.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

The nonconference results are leading me to believe that this is not a vintage year for the PSAC. Cal U. and East Stroud seem to be the only teams consistently playing well at this point. That could change, of course, as some of the inexperienced players on many of the teams settle into the D2 groove. I can think of several Ship teams from recent years that would be major contenders to win the league this season. Unfortunately, this year's team doesn't have that kind of firepower at present.
                  Not all schedules have been created equal to this point, either.

Some have played much more difficult non-conference slates than others.

It will start to wash out this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

BTW, any idea why Ship is playing IUP at 5pm on Friday? Odd start time (that cannot be good for the gate).

Comment

BTW, any idea why Ship is playing IUP at 5pm on Friday? Odd start time (that cannot be good for the gate).
                      Maybe due to IUP playing away to Lock Haven at 3pm the following day?

Comment

I have no idea, although I think some other games are scheduled for weird times on that date as well. Men's games at Ship are almost always 8 p.m. on weekdays and 3 p.m. on weekends. The only thing I can figure is that they're trying to get IUP on the road early for a long ride up to Clinton County and a game with Lock Haven on Saturday. I've certainly no fan of 5 p.m. as it is inconvenient for me and means the game will almost exactly coincide with the dinner hour.

Comment

Not all schedules have been created equal to this point, either.

Some have played much more difficult non-conference slates than others.

It will start to wash out this weekend.
                          I get that, but there really haven't been many signature wins so far, and there have been some losses (Mercyhurst to D'Youville, West Chester to Wilmington, etc.) that don't usually happen when the PSAC is strong.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I second this. I thought about this exact thing a week ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I second this. I thought about this exact thing a week ago.
                              You two missed the extra point in all this:

Not only may SRU break the 1991 drought, but KR's Point Park team may win at IUP in less than two weeks.

KR is 7-0 and lost to Robert Morris in the final minute (exhibition for PP but a real game for RM). KR never beat IUP in Indiana.

I watched the PP vs RM game. That's not going to be like some PSU-Altoona game. He has some legit dudes. He'd have a decent team this year in the PSAC -- which is all Joe is.

Comment

You two missed the extra point in all this:

Not only may SRU break the 1991 drought, but KR's Point Park team may win at IUP in less than two weeks.

KR is 7-0 and lost to Robert Morris in the final minute (exhibition for PP but a real game for RM). KR never beat IUP in Indiana.

I watched the PP vs RM game. That's not going to be like some PSU-Altoona game. He has some legit dudes. He'd have a decent team this year in the PSAC -- which is all Joe is.
                                I may go to that one. Sounds like an interesting plot.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X