LIT AF.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
      So we are one step closer in taking the Dixon away from
      LIT AF.
      Well, their ladies beat the pi$$ out of us today

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

My wife actually made the comparison to the Mercyhurst kid. I can't remember his name. He hit the corner trey to beat IUP 4 years ago. He literally never moved from his spot and Dante left him wide open.
        YMCA boy!

Comment

In case you missed it ...

Brooks turned in his freshman card today. He was front and center in the 33 tussle.

As John Kreese says ... No Mercy

He's arrived

Work in progress, sure, but, he's arrived.

I can't even imagine him in two years as a junior.
          Oh yes, he made that lay up in Kent’s face and Kent lost it!

Comment

In case you missed it ...

Brooks turned in his freshman card today. He was front and center in the 33 tussle.

As John Kreese says ... No Mercy

He's arrived

Work in progress, sure, but, he's arrived.

I can't even imagine him in two years as a junior.
            You may not have to.

Comment

• IUP down two at half but won't be shooting in to the student section in the second ... Should be OK

Comment

• I can't take KJ playing in this game

Why

Why

Why

Comment

I can't take KJ playing in this game

Why

Why

Why
                  That was a huge missed layup. Still had 8 to play at the time, but that’s a massive miss.

Comment

• Not even getting in to Joe's rotations tonight

Great game by Mercyhurst. They earned it.

Comment

Not even getting in to Joe's rotations tonight

Great game by Mercyhurst. They earned it.
                      Why KJ instead of Polce? Or even Stewart?

They couldn’t get going the entire night. Think playing Saturday versus Mercyhurst having a bye made a difference. But credit to them, Ajayi and Planutis were great.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

Why KJ instead of Polce? Or even Stewart?

They couldn’t get going the entire night. Think playing Saturday versus Mercyhurst having a bye made a difference. But credit to them, Ajayi and Planutis were great.
                        Agreed. Mercyhurst looked pretty fresh. You could tell IUP was at the end of a tough stretch. Still have another tough game on Wednesday.

They just couldn’t get going in any capacity. But that said, if they were to lose, I would rather it be like that. Wash it off and move on. There was no doubt who the deserving winner was tonight. Good opportunity for them to refocus now that they actually do have a loss on their schedule.

Comment

• **** Mercyhurst.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

That was a huge missed layup. Still had 8 to play at the time, but that’s a massive miss.
                            Tomiwa goes to the line with a chance to tie it, misses both. Hurst hits a 3. KJ misses the layup, Hurst converts off an offensive rebound. Dagger sequence. In that, gym against that team a seven point deficit with that much time left is pretty much ballgame.

Disappointing, but we all figured they’d probably lose one and this was the likely spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                              **** Mercyhurst.
                              Good program with a good coach. Nothing ever fluky about them. Deserving winners tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Tomiwa goes to the line with a chance to tie it, misses both. Hurst hits a 3. KJ misses the layup, Hurst converts off an offensive rebound. Dagger sequence. In that, gym against that team a seven point deficit with that much time left is pretty much ballgame.

Disappointing, but we all figured they’d probably lose one and this was the likely spot.
                                I remember thinking even before that sequence unfolded how important those two free throws were.

I struggle to say I “wanted” them to lose, but I’m always in favor of a humbling experience. When the loss came, I didn’t want it to be a heartbreaker. They were not the better team tonight. Losing gives them a good excuse to “go back to the lab,” refocus, and lock in for a stretch run. Losing the way they did shows them they actually can lose and are imperfect much like everyone else. That’s a good thing for them to know and understand.

Now they can play to win with their goals in front of them, rather than worrying about simply not losing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X