Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

not being a doctor and not having access to his medical records you really don’t know if it “could go” at any moment, or even about his recovery. All we know is he has a stress fracture on his lower body and he doesn’t look 100%. Leg foot knee toe ? Makes a big difference
    Right. That's why I asked the question if anyone knew where the stress fracture was at. I'm not a doctor. And I don't have access to his medical records. I had a stress fracture, and I've been in the room with orthopedic doctors. And we've all seen what happens when a stress fracture finally does "go." My injury, Ethan's, Kevin Ware's, etc., are all different. They're all still "stress fractures" though. Which is a black and white injury.

I'm not insinuating anything. And I'm not implying anything. If he has a stress fracture in his foot, toe, leg, hip, etc. It doesn't matter. A stress fracture doesn't heal unless the impact activity is stopped. So could his career be in jeopardy? I don't know. Like you said, I don't have access to his medical records. But will he get healthier this year given the injury, regardless of location (assuming it actually is a stress fracture)? The answer is "no."

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

There's a lot of scouting in basketball. By this time of the year, teams know Damir can got nuts with crazy dunks, is a monster rebounder, etc. They also know he's not going to shoot outside of 2' from the basket. But, his defense has improved all year. He's a physical house to deal with and he's really fast.

This isn't the dog on KJ show but I just can't figure it how Joe didn't play Damir last night or Polce for that matter. Further, KJ hasn't played more than 2 minutes in a game in at least a month. All the sudden last night he's the 6th man?

Further to your point, if Ethan is hurt and largely unproductive, why did he play 32 minutes. Mercyhurst largely plays 4 guards. They had a hobbled Ethan on guards at times last night.

It was one of Joe's most bizarre coaching performances I think I've ever seen.

And, of course, this is likely all an overreaction (without much else to talk about this time of year) but it's a very legitimate topic. Hell, I'd have played Diop last night those 9 minutes. Joe sure didn't seem like he played to win that game.
      I'll say this, Joe did say he was out coached last night in the post game interview. Was he out coached by plan or was he really out coached. The KJ thing tell me it was Joe's plan to be out coached to send his team a message.

Comment

• Losses always feel worse than they are, especially when it happens to a great team. Add to that a 22-0 start and a #1 ranking and it feels like the wheels are coming off. This is still a great team that in all likelihood will finish with one loss before the PSAC tournament. None of us are shocked at a loss to a very good and well-coached Mercyhurst team at their building after they had five days rest. None of us will be shocked if they meet again and IUP wins by double digits. It’s a long season and in reality if this loss happened in the second week at Walsh, we would have forgotten it by now.

The biggest question going forward is what IUP will get out of Ethan. Even at less than 100% he’s still capable and I wouldn’t count him out just yet. If he can be a steady contributor and IUP doesn’t have an atrocious shooting night like last night, this team is still capable of cutting down the nets three times.

Comment

• So the Home Office gave The Lake Show a long layoff so they could focus on one game but IUP played a few teams in the same span?

Sound like another anti IUP setup by The Home Office. **** them too.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
            So the Home Office gave The Lake Show a long layoff so they could focus on one game but IUP played a few teams in the same span?

Everybody gets a bye during the second loop. Mercyhurst had Saturday off and IUP played a mud-fest with Gannon. It is what it is. Call it lucky timing. It didn't hurt the Lakers, put it that way, but those schedules are made up years in advance.

They were going to lose. Everybody takes a loss. That was a hornets' nest last night and the home team rose up. Joe decided to make sure everybody got their varsity letter last night and benched two of his best subs (for reasons we'll never know).

IUP will likely play them again but it won't be in that tiny gym. It could be in an empty EAST gym in the PSAC Tournament or likely inside the KCAC in the Regional (providing they get their heads out of their ***** and take care of UPJ tomorrow).

Comment

So the Home Office gave The Lake Show a long layoff so they could focus on one game but IUP played a few teams in the same span?

I'm sure IUP will gladly accept the week vaca just before the PSAC tourney to get rested up for the main events.

Comment

It all works out. Ship had the bye the past week, but will finish the regular season three days later than some of its divisional opponents such as East Stroudsburg. As far as the bye goes, the result for Ship was playing one of its worst games on offense this season Saturday against the Warriors. The Raiders almost seem to play better when they have multiple games in a week.

Comment

• Why the heck isn’t IUP running??? UPJ can’t run n with them!!! Ugh

Comment

• Three point lead at the half. Awful!!! Run!!!!!!!!!!! UPJ has no business being in this game!

Comment

• At 18-8 I was about to say that loss really woke IUP up. And then nothing would fall. Amazing that a team with this many good experienced players can go into these prolonged brutal shooting slumps. I guess the good news is if this continues Tomiwa might get 30 rebounds. Bad news is UPJ might win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                        At 18-8 I was about to say that loss really woke IUP up. And then nothing would fall. Amazing that a team with this many good experienced players can go into these prolonged brutal shooting slumps. I guess the good news is if this continues Tomiwa might get 30 rebounds. Bad news is UPJ might win.
                        The game plan sucks!!! Run, beat them up the floor and keep attacking the rim! IUP has allowed UPJ to dictate the tempo. Horrific first half!

Comment

• Tomiwa took over

Comment

• Ethan looked like Ethan again for at least one night. Thought he kept them in it when things weren’t going well, Dave sparked them with the three straight treys and Tomiwa slammed the door. 59 of the 70 points from those three guys.

Comment

• Idk about Ethan looking like himself again but today they took advantage of his size advantage on the offensive end. That’s the first time in weeks he’s had a size advantage.

Comment

• Joe has to get his head out of his a$$ and start actually coaching. That was a disgrace to be a 3 point lead at half. They should have been up 15+

First 30 minutes was walking in quicksand.

It's a nice win and a good SOS win but it wasn't pretty aside from a 10 minute burst.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X