Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the second half is like the first I may vomit.

IUP up an ugly 33-25 at half.

Comment

• Appears the Lord of the Redshirt woke them up at halftime.

It likely wasn't a pleasant experience

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Appears the Lord of the Redshirt woke them up at halftime.

It likely wasn't a pleasant experience
        I’m so annoyed with this game.

Comment

• Jaylen Stewart had 22 points. He had a nice first half and kept them moving.

Ethan went for 19 and 14. Huge game.

Shawndale had 20.

Not much scoring for the others.

Tough road trip coming off the emotional Cal game in an empty gym -- and with SRU and ESU up next.

They aren't all works of art, I suppose. This was a 'get it over with' game and they got it over with.

I knew the first half would be ugly. Joe's teams have all done that same thing for years. They start disinterested, give hope and then turn it on the final 20.

Side edit:. 46 percent FTs. Knew it was bad. Didn't know it was that bad. Wow.
          Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-23-2023, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• Those refs. Holy hell they seem to get worse each week.

Comment

• Joe said he gave them Sunday completely off, so, yeah, they pretty much winged it the first half last night at Edinboro. He said he expected the first half would be rough, which, it clearly was. Once they adjusted at halftime they pulled away pretty quickly.

They know what's coming up and I think are pretty excited to go in to a rowdy Morrow tomorrow night.

SRU had an announced 803 last night. That's normally a really big crowd for them. They will easily have double that tomorrow night -- likely more.

They no doubt turn it up for IUP's visit -- players and fans. IUP has to do the complete opposite of what it did last night (and, last year up there). Take away the hope early.

We'll see if they actually play. Both Indiana and Slippery Rock may get blasted with a winter storm tomorrow. Recall they cancelled last year's game in the KCAC (delayed it a couple weeks due to a bad storm). There may be several PPDs tomorrow.

Comment

Joe said he gave them Sunday completely off, so, yeah, they pretty much winged it the first half last night at Edinboro. He said he expected the first half would be rough, which, it clearly was. Once they adjusted at halftime they pulled away pretty quickly.

They know what's coming up and I think are pretty excited to go in to a rowdy Morrow tomorrow night.

SRU had an announced 803 last night. That's normally a really big crowd for them. They will easily have double that tomorrow night -- likely more.

They no doubt turn it up for IUP's visit -- players and fans. IUP has to do the complete opposite of what it did last night (and, last year up there). Take away the hope early.

We'll see if they actually play. Both Indiana and Slippery Rock may get blasted with a winter storm tomorrow. Recall they cancelled last year's game in the KCAC (delayed it a couple weeks due to a bad storm). There may be several PPDs tomorrow.
                Ship's attendance, while still not great, appears to have picked up a little recently. The success of the women's team this year seems to have helped with school groups and younger girls notably in attendance. I'm hoping to get one of my great-granddaughters to a game (weather permitting) Wednesday. Wish we could bottle Aerial Jones. She has star power you seldom see in Division II women's basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Ship's attendance, while still not great, appears to have picked up a little recently. The success of the women's team this year seems to have helped with school groups and younger girls notably in attendance. I'm hoping to get one of my great-granddaughters to a game (weather permitting) Wednesday. Wish we could bottle Aerial Jones. She has star power you seldom see in Division II women's basketball.
                  Attendance numbers aren't great. That said, we're coming off the way-too-long PASSHE winter break. So, I'd suspect these to climb in the coming weeks. IUP's number always make a dramatic climb in late Jan. and Feb.

But, as of today, here they are (pretty poor across the board):

SCHOOL AVERAGE HOME GATE
                  IUP 1,247
                  East Stroudsburg 1,089
                  Gannon 534
                  Pitt-Johnstown 472
                  West Chester 435
                  Slippery Rock 380
                  Mercyhurst 359
                  Kutztown 304
                  Mansfield 270
                  Edinboro 248
                  California 240
                  Shepherd 233
                  Lock Haven 227
                  Shippensburg 211
                  Seton Hill 201
                  Clarion 173
                  Bloomsburg 160

Comment

Attendance numbers aren't great. That said, we're coming off the way-too-long PASSHE winter break. So, I'd suspect these to climb in the coming weeks. IUP's number always make a dramatic climb in late Jan. and Feb.

But, as of today, here they are (pretty poor across the board):

SCHOOL AVERAGE HOME GATE
                    IUP 1,247
                    East Stroudsburg 1,089
                    Gannon 534
                    Pitt-Johnstown 472
                    West Chester 435
                    Slippery Rock 380
                    Mercyhurst 359
                    Kutztown 304
                    Mansfield 270
                    Edinboro 248
                    California 240
                    Shepherd 233
                    Lock Haven 227
                    Shippensburg 211
                    Seton Hill 201
                    Clarion 173
                    Bloomsburg 160
                    I don't know how they're counting at Shippensburg, but pretty sure we've had substantially more than 211 at the last few games I've attended. Perhaps they're just counting paid admissions and not students guests, Raider Club members, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I don't know how they're counting at Shippensburg, but pretty sure we've had substantially more than 211 at the last few games I've attended. Perhaps they're just counting paid admissions and not students guests, Raider Club members, etc.
                      At many of our schools the announced gate is about as scientific as Johnny asking Bobby what number he thinks they should put in the box.

Comment

• IUP is sending a student bus up to SRU. Very rare.

Hopefully they can fill it up. If not, open it to the public. They would likely fill a public fan bus before a student bus.

Comment

IUP is sending a student bus up to SRU. Very rare.

Hopefully they can fill it up. If not, open it to the public. They would likely fill a public fan bus before a student bus.
                          Wow! They don't even do that for playoff games.

Comment

IUP is sending a student bus up to SRU. Very rare.

This actually was in a meeting today with SRU police lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

This actually was in a meeting today with SRU police lol
                              They overblow this game up there every year ... Acting like it's freaking Duke and North Carolina.

IUP students don't attend home games let alone take a bus ride in a winter storm.

I've been to 15+ games in Morrow. All get hyped. All get big crowds. But, I've never seen anything remotely hostile.

If SRU cared about basketball their fans would come to more than one game a year.

Comment

They overblow this game up there every year ... Acting like it's freaking Duke and North Carolina.

IUP students don't attend home games let alone take a bus ride in a winter storm.

I've been to 15+ games in Morrow. All get hyped. All get big crowds. But, I've never seen anything remotely hostile.
                                It was just mentioned that they'll have an extra officer there when hearing about a good IUP student presence. It's not like Seton Hill is sending a bus.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X