Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Safe to say they got their first bad half of the season out of their system tonight.

Nice road win but a lot to correct.

The bench concern is growing ... just 3 points tonight.

Morris and Sulaiman being in foul trouble all night hampered things. Demo had a rough first half but recovered very well.

Shawndale was fantastic. Armoni solid. Ethan hit some big shots. He had a tough assignment tonight.

Not a great shooting night ... just 6-26 from deep.

Kutztown is a pretty difficult opponent. Their offense is pretty much drive the hoop and see what happens -- but they create a lot with it. Athletic team. They played well in the first half but had some major lapses defensively in the final 20 minutes. That team should not be 2-4 with that much talent.

Moe Williams is tough.

I almost question if IUP soon starts doing offense/defense constant subbing with Radford and Polce ... similar to the old Daddy/Devon style.

I suspect they will play much cleaner tomorrow. Good road win tonight.
    Shawndale is a national player of the year candidate. Apparently that performance in the 2020 PSAC tourney was just scratching the surface of how good he could be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Shawndale is a national player of the year candidate. Apparently that performance in the 2020 PSAC tourney was just scratching the surface of how good he could be.
      He's really come full circle. He's so big (6'4" and built like a LB) yet so quick and elusive. He's elite taking the ball to the hole. He's scoring or getting fouled. And, his deep shot is a threat which makes him even harder to defend.

Armoni also draws so much attention that you now have to pick your poison.

That's also exactly why Morris has to stay on the floor and out of foul trouble. He's a terrific passer and can also score from all over. When he's in foul trouble Armoni and Shawndale get a 'little' easier to deal with on defense. With all three guards in there -- plus Ethan and Demo ... they're a nightmare.

Sulaiman has to get going. They need more out of him. He has all the tools. Feet are wet now. Time to get going. He's their 'muscle' underneath but he has to play smarter. Four fouls in four minutes is unacceptable. They really needed him last night with all Kutztown's size. Same tonight.

Comment

He's really come full circle. He's so big (6'4" and built like a LB) yet so quick and elusive. He's elite taking the ball to the hole. He's scoring or getting fouled. And, his deep shot is a threat which makes him even harder to defend.

Armoni also draws so much attention that you now have to pick your poison.

That's also exactly why Morris has to stay on the floor and out of foul trouble. He's a terrific passer and can also score from all over. When he's in foul trouble Armoni and Shawndale get a 'little' easier to deal with on defense. With all three guards in there -- plus Ethan and Demo ... they're a nightmare.

Sulaiman has to get going. They need more out of him. He has all the tools. Feet are wet now. Time to get going. He's their 'muscle' underneath but he has to play smarter. Four fouls in four minutes is unacceptable. They really needed him last night with all Kutztown's size. Same tonight.

Comment

• Looks like they got 48 boards against a good rebounding UPJ last night ... but still lost. WCU shot the ball awful last night. Usually means they'll have a bounceback today. But, I'd guess of those 48 boards many were similar to KU last night ... awful shots that bounced out 18'

That said, I also suspect IUP plays much better tonight.

Comment

Looks like they got 48 boards against a good rebounding UPJ last night ... but still lost. WCU shot the ball awful last night. Usually means they'll have a bounceback today. But, I'd guess of those 48 boards many were similar to KU last night ... awful shots that bounced out 18'

That said, I also suspect IUP plays much better tonight.
            I expect IUP will shoot better tonight which will put a lot of pressure on WCU and take them out of their physical style.

Comment

• Comment

• Get a win

Comment

• Comment

• Make some noise. We're all watching.

Comment

• They are good at stealing the ball, shooting it not so much so far..

Gym may be half full at best.

Comment

• Sulaiman must be in dog house after last night.

Comment

• Comment

• They have to deal with the playground style.

Comment

• WCU big fella 3rd foul

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X