Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

This isn't the Gannon cheerleader message board you guys frequent. You can question why a team loses and not get banned from the site. I'm far from the only poster who questioned why they routinely lost big games for years.

Also an odd comment coming from the Gannon fanbase who wanted John Reilly crucified just two years ago after a 7-25 season but just spent the past month acting like he's the second coming of Christ. There's no bigger fair-weather fan base in this league than the one in the Hammermill.

You guys have bashed GU's women's coach since the day he was hired. He was the original Kevin Stallings.

Please reference an example of 'talking s@it' on an individual player in this thread. When Tom was 2-9 against his rivals ... criticism is going to follow. Curt Cignetti took the same treatment on the football side when he couldn't win big games -- 1,000 times worse.

Tom got ripped on this board 3 times this year. The first Cal loss because everybody was growing real tired of losing to them every game.

Losing to Mercyhurst after beating them by 51 a week earlier brought some heat. Losing to a very average Millersville team at home in the PSAC Final Four also brought some heat.

You didn't seem to mind this board smashing Joe Lombardi this year?

So, if you're just trolling ... there, you got a reply.

We'll be sure to watch GU comments next year when you're rebuilding. Old John T. will need canned again.

Comment

• Get a load of this jabroni.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Go IUP

Comment

Hard to believe but it was ten years ago today--March 14, 2008-- that the infamous Mount Olive incident occurred as the top-seeded and hosting IUP women's basketball team lost to eighth-seeded Mount Olive in what would turn out to be the final East Region Tourney before NCAA reconfigurations would take place shortly thereafter. That is hard to believe that it was that long ago. It had to be one of the absolute craziest days that I ever spent on campus in my many years there.

Happy Mount Olive Day!

-

Comment

There is a season wrap-up piece in the Gazette today.

Joe talks about the outgoing seniors, recruiting and the returning core.

Comment

Basically, the article says what we've been saying all year. NEED MORE DEPTH!!!

Comment

We're no village idiots here.

I've already heard one incoming transfer name but nothing is confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  There is a season wrap-up piece in the Gazette today.

Joe talks about the outgoing seniors, recruiting and the returning core.
                  One would be inclined to think that Big Tony would be making the IUP women more the focus here this week by virtue of them advancing to the Elite Eight.

-

Comment

From what I hear, Audrey is highly questionable for Monday -- likely doubtful. If they live to play another day, she could be in the mix.

Comment

On the local high school gals basketball front--- TWO Heritage Conference teams made the freakin' State Semifinals with both Blairsville and Penns Manor winning tonite. Simply incredible!

Irish Tom should take a good look at PM junior guard Autumn Fennell. She's not big, but she has serious game. I think B-ville has a blue chipper, too, even if I can't recall her name off hand.

-

Comment

• Comment

Yeah, they have had some good programs/teams over the years. Heck, I go back to the days of old when it was the Appalachian Conference. I still recall the time the Marion Center girls program went something like 13-14 years (circa 1983-1997) without losing a conference game. That's plain nuts there.

But there have been a number of HC girls programs that have made some waves over the years---Blairsville, West Shamokin, Homer-Center, Marion Center, Penns Manor, Northern Cambria, et al.

Amy Fairman of Marion Center was a PSAC all-star. I'm surprised that more players have not been plucked from the HC ranks to be honest. I guarantee that some of them could easily play in the PSAC if given the opportunity and time to acclimate themselves to the bump up.

-

Comment

• Comment

UPJ had a starter from Blairsville this year on the women's team.

Recall Tom had her teammate at IUP but she left after her freshman season and went to Lock Haven.

Comment

And it even goes back quite a ways to be honest. The IUP women won the 1988 PSAC title with help from two area standout players named Jan Lightcap (Marion Center) and Sherri Leysock (Homer-Center).

There have even been local players that I thought would be great additions to a PSAC roster and for whatever reason they were never offered at all. I suppose there is a pretty strong stigma against the smaller schools who don't see the elephant of big school competition.

My niece is a fifth-grade basketball player in the area and I have been following her games the past several years. If you ask me have I seen some special young girls who absolutely have basketball talent----I would answer that you had better believe it! Talent is talent, no matter where it is.

That was certainly one area where I gave former IUP WBB coach Jeff Dow a lot of credit for---he was not afraid to sign local players. And all they did was respond by becoming PSAC all-stars.

I believe Livingston is the gal from Blairsville that IUPBigIndians is referring to. Yeah, it was a short stay. As was Monica Burns' stay was. I think Applebee had something to do with that perhaps.

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X