Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you win the last game of the season and you lose or graduate 9 players, so be it. Nobody will really care if your team is the one that cuts the nets down in front of 137 people in South Dakota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
      If you win the last game of the season and you lose or graduate 9 players, so be it. Nobody will really care if your team is the one that cuts the nets down in front of 137 people in South Dakota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      LOL. Yeah, I've been through South Dakota before. There ain't nothin' there except that Mount Rushmore place. Why would they want to play these games out there? My God at least pick someplace that has been touched a bit by the back half of the 20th century.

-

Comment

First media time out; 4:38 1Q: Ashland 19, IUP 13. Ashland's press defense is going to be tough to crack over an entire game, not to mention their senior tandem of Andi Daugherty and Laina Snyder.
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

My god... Ashland is just destroying IUP 42-25 with 1:39 to halftime. IUP is 1-for-11 from three to this point.

This Ashland team is just insanely good. IUP might need a miracle or two to get back into this game, but Ashland's showing why they're the best team in the nation.

Comment

HALF: Ashland 42, IUP 30

IUP scored the last five points of the half, but couldn't get a three off at the buzzer.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

IUP scored the last five points of the half, but couldn't get a three off at the buzzer.
              something like 2-13 from 3 - many decent looks, too shooting horrible, the Ashland D has them rattled

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                something like 2-13 from 3 - many decent looks, too shooting horrible, the Ashland D has them rattled
                Correct. 2-for-13 from three. I don't know any team in the PSAC West whose defense is on par with Ashland's (maybe Edinboro or a fully healthy Cal).

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Ashland scored only five points in the last six minutes of the first half. That was IUP's opportunity to get back into the game.

Nice season by IUP. A regional championship and a final four appearance. Nobody is going to beat Ashland. They area juggernaut.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
                    Ashland scored only five points in the last six minutes of the first half. That was IUP's opportunity to get back into the game.

Nice season by IUP. A regional championship and a final four appearance. Nobody is going to beat Ashland. They area juggernaut.
                    Ashland very impressive. I caught the last part of the game on the tube. What makes them so good? Great players that had size and that could move well. Also appeared to be smart. They looked to be mostly of Scandinavian stock. Sort of reminded me of the mighty North Dakota State football team that IUP ran into in the 1990 national title game.

Probably IUP's biggest problem in recruiting these types of players is that there are too many 'tweener schools (like Duquesne and RMU in the region) that separate the ranks of D-I ball and D-II. Instead of IUP and Cal landing say, a Chassidy Omogrosso, she goes to Duquesne. But that said she nearly went to Pitt.

IUP needs to find a way to get the D-I fringe types to come to campus. Say like what we had a decade ago with the all-world Jahzinga Tracey.

Those black uniforms that IUP wore were absolutely horrible. Why were they wearing black? That's not one of our school colors. Get rid of those and get some crimson-colored duds for the road unis.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                      Ashland very impressive. I caught the last part of the game on the tube. What makes them so good? Great players that had size and that could move well. Also appeared to be smart. They looked to be mostly of Scandinavian stock. Sort of reminded me of the mighty North Dakota State football team that IUP ran into in the 1990 national title game.

Probably IUP's biggest problem in recruiting these types of players is that there are too many 'tweener schools (like Duquesne and RMU in the region) that separate the ranks of D-I ball and D-II. Instead of IUP and Cal landing say, a Chassidy Omogrosso, she goes to Duquesne. But that said she nearly went to Pitt.

IUP needs to find a way to get the D-I fringe types to come to campus. Say like what we had a decade ago with the all-world Jahzinga Tracey.

Those black uniforms that IUP wore were absolutely horrible. Why were they wearing black? That's not one of our school colors. Get rid of those and get some crimson-colored duds for the road unis.

-
                      Yeah, I think if IUP plays a flawless game, it would be close. Of course if IUP hits its normal percentage of 3s they are tied at half time - they missed good looks too. But the speed that Ashland played at was amazing - faster than Glenville, but then they played aggressive defense too.

Comment

IUP must have tired out Ashland as the Eagles' 73 game winning streak came to an end against Central Missouri. Either that or Ashland had an awful time matching up with the CMU zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
                          IUP must have tired out Ashland as the Eagles' 73 game winning streak came to an end against Central Missouri. Either that or Ashland had an awful time matching up with the CMU zone.
                          I caught the last 10 minutes. It was within 5 for most of the time, Ashland was ice cold, and the announcers claimed they had been for the whole game, missing layup, etc.

Comment

Per VC, IUP has offered a 6'4" shooting guard out of IMG Academy.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                              I caught the last 10 minutes. It was within 5 for most of the time, Ashland was ice cold, and the announcers claimed they had been for the whole game, missing layup, etc.
                              I was really underwhelmed by Ashland G Jodi Johnson, whom as I understand it is the national player of the year. She didn't look like she did too much against IUP nor CMU.

Laina Snyder on the other hand is exactly the kind of player that I would love to see IUP bring in. Damn fine forward!

-

Comment

Just saw on Twitter that the Atlantic Region Basketball Legend Chucky Humphries rec'd an offer from IUP!!! Man, he gets around!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X