Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Interesting, I watched film on the kid and he didn't look anywhere near D1 level. I was even questioning D2 level.
    Then he'll fit in perfectly for Hurley's scheme of "get-your-Sun-Devil-arse-kicked-in" when it comes to Pac-12 conference play. They do well with it!

Apparently Hurley has a five-star recruit coming in this year. Maybe even some of Arizona's recruiting class that ran for the hills unless Miller can come up with some more assurance payola.

-

Comment

Off-topic but since it kind of came up ...

I got really in to watching those later-start PAC 12 basketball games the last couple years. It's a shame so much of the country doesn't see them. Very entertaining games. That league really cannibalizes each other. The Arizona/ASU games were fantastic. Depending how things work out for Miller that (Hurley/Miller) could really become an intense rivalry (I know, ... it already is ... but bigger).

ESPN is also infatuated with Gonzaga. I like to come home from the IUP game and it seems Gonzaga is on all the time. That's another great league to watch.

Comment

IUP has offered Eckerd transfer Blake Morrow ... (6'4", 200 lb shooting guard from Sarasota, FL.). Eckerd is a strong program -- finishing 22-6 a year ago in a tough conference.

He also has offers from Flagler and Pittsburg State. He will have 2 years eligibility.

As a sophomore he played in 28 games and averaged 21 mpg -- hitting 40% on treys (109 attempts). He also hit 111-126 FTs (89%). He drew the second-most FTs on the team despite being a shooting guard and only playing 21 mpg. He was second on the team with 73 assists. Averaged 12.7 ppg. Strong numbers for a then-sophomore.

It appears this would be a pretty big land for Joe -- if he can get him.

Comment

That would put them at 4 guards then. Hopefully Morrow and Foster pan out then it could be tough to beat IUP.

Comment

Joe talked last year about wanting to be up to (6) scholarship guards for this upcoming season. Assuming he is playing with 10 full rides it's possible. Dante is going for free so he's not taking up a spot.

As we've said, ... this is the 'all in' year.

Just for off-season talking purposes, assume they land Morrow. That's Morrow at SG, Dante at PG and Malik at the 2. Armoni is the backup (PG?). Based on that do they go for another scorer-type or does he bring in another Ayron Hutton defensive type (that Joe historically always has)?

Low post right now is: Keyes (6'10"), Willem (6'10"), Cobo (6'9"), Humphries (6'6") and Vaughns (6'5"). That's an extremely athletic post. It's vastly better than last season. Keyes gives them the scrappy defender. Humphries, athletically, is a massive upgrade as the second small forward.

Humphries, so it sounds, is going to play a hybrid role in a variety of positions. Cobo can also play numerous spots. Keyes and Willem will flip-flop with each other.

The last player will be a guard. I'm still pushing for Randy Bell -- add that last athletic, big, 6'5" SG.

Old Bravado just may have a real scary team come November.

Comment

Randy Bell, Amir Hinton... I haven't heard anything about this guys.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Off-topic but since it kind of came up ...

I got really in to watching those later-start PAC 12 basketball games the last couple years. It's a shame so much of the country doesn't see them. Very entertaining games. That league really cannibalizes each other. The Arizona/ASU games were fantastic. Depending how things work out for Miller that (Hurley/Miller) could really become an intense rivalry (I know, ... it already is ... but bigger).
                For some reason Pac-12 hoops gets a bad rap. But it is actually a fantastic product. I watch a lot of it as well.

Agree about the Hurley-Miller rivalry. A couple of very good Eastern point guards back in the day who grew up with coaching fathers. They have always been fun to watch.

-

Comment

Marko Krivacevic ... 6'9" Forward ... transfer from Duquesne ... will have one year at IUP.

Some notes from his Duquesne bio:

* First recruit to sign under Keith Dambrot
                  * Averaged 6 points and 4 boards for Hungary at the 2016 FIBA U20 Euro Championships
                  * Played for the Hungary U18 National team

Other notes:

* Wrist injury kept him out the first 7 games ...
                  * Played at Miami Dade prior to spending last season at Duquesne
                  * Can shoot the trey -- hit two three's in a 1:25 span to help Duquesne knock of George Washington

Interesting signing. This team will have some gigantic size.

Comment

Where the guards???

Comment

Call me intrigued now ...

Low-post for 2018-19

Cobo Diaz (6'9")
                      Willem (6'10")
                      Marko Krivacevic (6'9")
                      Dom Keyes (6'8")
                      Jaylen Vaughns (6'6")
                      Chuckie Humphries (6'6")

From what I can see, Kravacevic is more of a Cobo style forward. He's only about 215 pounds.

Well, we've been saying this would be the year they'd take some one-year guys. Here it is.

Blake Morrow has been offered but hasn't signed yet. Assuming he does that's still only 3 guards (him, Dante and Malik). I think they're going to use Humphries in the hybrid G/F role.

Comment

You forgot Foster

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          Call me intrigued now ...

Low-post for 2018-19

Cobo Diaz (6'9")
                          Willem (6'10")
                          Marko Krivacevic (6'9")
                          Dom Keyes (6'8")
                          Jaylen Vaughns (6'6")
                          Chuckie Humphries (6'6")

From what I can see, Kravacevic is more of a Cobo style forward. He's only about 215 pounds.

Well, we've been saying this would be the year they'd take some one-year guys. Here it is.

Blake Morrow has been offered but hasn't signed yet. Assuming he does that's still only 3 guards (him, Dante and Malik). I think they're going to use Humphries in the hybrid G/F role.
                          It's like an arms race of size for IUP vs SRU....SRU was huge this past year...and IUP is getting taller and longer as well!

Comment

SRU will be interesting as always. Their two bigs are back and KR has Micah Till to build around. They lost a lot of other key players but that's nothing new up there. As long as Till is there for the next two years he has that massive building block.

Comment

Blake Morrow has committed to IUP.

He spent the past two seasons at D2 Eckerd. Big shooting guard (6'5"). Two years of eligibility.

Big get for Joe.

That's now three confirmed.

Comment

Bowie State visits the KCAC on (Wed) Nov. 14

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X