Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

2018-19 'ANNOUNCED' schedule (as of June 20)

FRI 11/9 TBA (at IUP)
    SAT 11/10 TBA (at IUP)

WE'D 11/14 Bowie State

FRI 11/23 TBA (at IUP)
    SAT 11/24 TBA (at IUP)

SAT 12/1 at Kutztown
    SUN 12/2 at Millersville

SAT 12/8 Shippensburg

FRI 12/14 at Fairmont State

TUE 12/18 West Chester

WED 1/2 Gannon

Sat 1/5 UPJ

WED 1/9 at Mercyhurst

SAT 1/12 at Slippery Rock

WED 1/16 at East Stroudsburg

SAT 1/19 Edinboro

WED 1/23 California

SAT 1/26 at Clarion

WED 1/30 at Seton Hill

SAT 2/2 Mercyhurst

WED 2/6 Slippery Rock

SAT 2/9 at Gannon

WED 2/13 at UPJ

WED 2/20 Clarion

WED 2/27 at Edinboro

SAT 3/2 Seton Hill

* IUP draws the 'big four' of the East

* Catches a break ... game at SRU over their break

* Gannon AND Slippery Rock visit the KCAC on Wednesday nights ???????????? Wow. PSAC must not care about money.

* Gannon visit on Jan. 2 ----> big break for GU as there will be 400 townies there and no students.

* Brutal stretch near Christmas ... Ship, West Chester and Gannon at the KCAC and at Fairmont State

* Road trip to Seton Hill on Wednesday, Jan 31 should be quite interesting

* With all four top East teams and Fairmont State ... I don't expect to see much in the four tournament games scheduled for November as far as big-name opponents. I'd guess Urbana, U Sciences, etc.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 06-20-2018, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Bowie St Nov. 14 ??????

Comment

Any games slated for the Field House?

-

Comment

They've been playing one game at the Field House the past several years. I think it's kind of neat ... memory lane type thing.

Some of my favorite IUP games ever were over there. The KCAC has never come close to the crowd noise the MFH had.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            They've been playing one game at the Field House the past several years. I think it's kind of neat ... memory lane type thing.

Some of my favorite IUP games ever were over there. The KCAC has never come close to the crowd noise the MFH had.
            The KCAC is the Taj Mahal of D-II hoops arenas. That being said---God, I miss the Field House. I'd take it any day of the week.

-

Comment

Easy with the Taj Mahal comments. They'll read that and raise tickets to $28 next year. Lol.

Comment

Easy with the Taj Mahal comments. They'll read that and raise tickets to $28 next year. Lol.
                Good God! You're probably right. I drove by there this morning. Surprised they didn't bill me for that even.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                  Yeah, that is some really impressive size I freely admit. But doesn't it seem like year after year we get excited over some tall dudes and then they would be nothing more than chum in the water for the Mighty Webb who stood "only" 6-5 or 6-6. Let's see some of these guys prove something on the court. You gotta do a lot to be listed in the same category as legendary bigs like Webb or Mims.

-
                  Also Stephens for SRU about 10 years ago was only about 6-3 and he was a beast

Comment

Non-conference schedule finalized

IRMC/Hilton Garden Inn Classic
                    Nov. 9 -- vs. Concord
                    Nov. 10 -- vs. Virginia State

Nov. 14 -- Bowie State
                    Nov. 19 -- Westminster

IUP Thanksgiving Invitational
                    Nov. 23 -- Sciences
                    Nov. 24 -- Le Moyne

Dec. 14 -- at Fairmont State

https://iupathletics.com/news/2018/6...-schedule.aspx

"Long-time reader, first-time poster," but the long-awaited full schedule is now finalized. Le Moyne is interesting, an NCAA team coached by a Beilein. Former IUP assistant coach and Robert Morris alum Jimmy Langhurst had been an assistant there, but he's not listed on this year's coaching staff (yet, possibly). Westminster is Division III, years removed from being an NAIA power, but they took Youngstown State to the wire last season (YSU isn't great, but it was still a D1 vs. D3 game in December).
                    Both games in the IRMC Classic are scheduled for the KCAC, but that will probably change to the Friday night game in the Field House (and depending on if there's a volleyball game in the KCAC).

Comment

Wow. Brutal schedule in addition to the East Big 4.

Excited to see the kid from Concord in person. He put about 50 on Fairmont in the MEC Tournament. He's no joke.

Comment

Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
                        Non-conference schedule finalized

IRMC/Hilton Garden Inn Classic
                        Nov. 9 -- vs. Concord
                        Nov. 10 -- vs. Virginia State

Nov. 14 -- Bowie State
                        Nov. 19 -- Westminster

IUP Thanksgiving Invitational
                        Nov. 23 -- Sciences
                        Nov. 24 -- Le Moyne

Dec. 14 -- at Fairmont State

https://iupathletics.com/news/2018/6...-schedule.aspx

"Long-time reader, first-time poster," but the long-awaited full schedule is now finalized. Le Moyne is interesting, an NCAA team coached by a Beilein. Former IUP assistant coach and Robert Morris alum Jimmy Langhurst had been an assistant there, but he's not listed on this year's coaching staff (yet, possibly). Westminster is Division III, years removed from being an NAIA power, but they took Youngstown State to the wire last season (YSU isn't great, but it was still a D1 vs. D3 game in December).
                        Both games in the IRMC Classic are scheduled for the KCAC, but that will probably change to the Friday night game in the Field House (and depending on if there's a volleyball game in the KCAC).
                        Ironically the Westminster PG who smoked Youngstown State last year ... transferred to YSU after the season.

Comment

Wow. Brutal schedule in addition to the East Big 4.

Excited to see the kid from Concord in person. He put about 50 on Fairmont in the MEC Tournament. He's no joke.
                          Saw him at concord versus wlu. Great scorer who can create his own shot inside or outside. Wlu had great game plan with intense pressure to deny him the ball, rotating multiple players on him. Monterosa gave him fits defensively. Basically wore him out so he did not beat us singlehandedly. He will get his points but you want him tired at crunch time.

Comment

It was announced today the IUP women's basketball team will play an exhibition at Ohio State on Sunday, Oct. 28. Coach McConnell mentioned it's only a four-hour trip from campus and an opportunity to play against an NCAA tournament team. They'll have almost two weeks of practice between that game and the season opener on Nov. 10.

Comment

Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
                              It was announced today the IUP women's basketball team will play an exhibition at Ohio State on Sunday, Oct. 28. Coach McConnell mentioned it's only a four-hour trip from campus and an opportunity to play against an NCAA tournament team. They'll have almost two weeks of practice between that game and the season opener on Nov. 10.
                              And they'll leave Columbus with more cash than it cost to make the trip which is always a plus.

Several years ago I recall Edinboro men's coach Pat Cleary telling me that they got paid several thousand dollars to take a 6 hour bus trip to play a Division I team. And Edinboro won.

Comment

Recall the IUP ladies beat Pitt last year.

I'm sure the Pitt brass was just thrilled. Suzie was canned after the season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X