Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Also always the notion of moving Dante to shooting guard ...

Although ... that's not likely to happen.

Comment

Morrow is headed to Queens (NC).

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Blake Morrow was released from his Letter of Intent.

Wonder if it was a change of heart or if his reported 'mild' surgery didn't go well. Or, did somebody else surface and a spot had to be created?
        Or maybe another program whispered their "interest" in Morrow in the ear of one of his "AAU handlers." Always interesting how other schools are not supposed to have any contact with a player who has signed an LOI with a school, the player asks for a release from that LOI, and then the next day signs with a different team. Probably no way to prove tampering but clearly there has to be some sort of back channel communication between the player and the new school.

Comment

Morrow is headed to Queens (NC).
          So this sounds like a case of Morrow showed up on campus for summer and realized how good Malik/Amir are and decided he probably wouldn't play as much as he wanted. Typical... why he left Eckerd still has me scratching my head after the season they just had.
          Last edited by IUPalum; 08-19-2018, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Whatever it was ... bottom line he F*cked us over pretty good.

We may not know the whole story yet rebolving his replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
              Or maybe another program whispered their "interest" in Morrow in the ear of one of his "AAU handlers." Always interesting how other schools are not supposed to have any contact with a player who has signed an LOI with a school, the player asks for a release from that LOI, and then the next day signs with a different team. Probably no way to prove tampering but clearly there has to be some sort of back channel communication between the player and the new school.
              Probably some folks at Cheyney wondered the same thing about Brandon Norfleet a few years back. I mean I'm just sayin'

-
              Last edited by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS; 08-18-2018, 07:32 PM.

Comment

One way or another it's a problem for this year.

I'm really hoping there is more to the story and somebody else is already here.

If not, one guard injury would be, well, see the end of last season.

Comment

It's been about 10 days or so since Morrow was released. Anybody hear of any late addition?

If there isn't, does this change the Ulrich redshirt and perhaps move Humphries out to guard and Ulrich in to the post rotation?

I still tend to think we'll see another guard appear. There's been heavy action with late signings the past two weeks across the D2 level.

Comment

It's been about 10 days or so since Morrow was released. Anybody hear of any late addition?

If there isn't, does this change the Ulrich redshirt and perhaps move Humphries out to guard and Ulrich in to the post rotation?

I still tend to think we'll see another guard appear. There's been heavy action with late signings the past two weeks across the D2 level.

There is rumblings... I'll leave it at that!

Comment

I could be wrong but I see Joe sticking to redshirting Ulrich no matter what. Even if Humphries moves to guard there are still four capable post players. Humphries could still fill in down low in a pinch.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                        There is rumblings... I'll leave it at that!
                        Those rumblings may be tremors !

Comment

Randy Bell signed with NAIA Dalton State College per Verbal Commits.

End of that mystery. He was linked to IUP (twice) in the past after starting with Holy Family and then Lynn. He was linked to a few PSAC schools again this off-season.

Heck of a scorer. I'd guess the third team in three years thing scared several away this time around. I really thought he was going to land at SRU. Maybe next year.

Comment

Randy Bell signed with NAIA Dalton State College per Verbal Commits.

End of that mystery. He was linked to IUP (twice) in the past after starting with Holy Family and then Lynn. He was linked to a few PSAC schools again this off-season.

Heck of a scorer. I'd guess the third team in three years thing scared several away this time around. I really thought he was going to land at SRU. Maybe next year.
                            Don't know if it is the case here but as I recall West Liberty (I think?) signed a LB who had gone to two NCAA schools previously (Two D1's I think). NCAA declared him ineligible due to number of transfers and he ended up going to an NAIA to finish out his college career.

Comment

He could just be a big Road House fan?

Comment

He could just be a big Road House fan?
                                Nice obscure reference, Mijo!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...