• Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    Nice obscure reference, Mijo!
    lol

Comment

So were the rumblings about Randy Bell or is there another possibility out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
        So were the rumblings about Randy Bell or is there another possibility out there?
        The rumblings are way bigger than Randy Bell. Joe went after him the last two years and Bell said no. This year Bell asked to play at IUP and Joe said no. I can not reveal the rumblings as of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
          The rumblings are way bigger than Randy Bell. Joe went after him the last two years and Bell said no. This year Bell asked to play at IUP and Joe said no. I can not reveal the rumblings as of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
            When was the last time IUP played a D3/NAIA/PSU satellite campus? Because I was actually stunned to see Westminster (Pa.) on the schedule.
            I remember IUP hosting Pitt Greensburg at the start of the 2012-2013 season.

Comment

• Comment

For the most part Joe has been reluctant to take the D3 game (thankfully). When you look at his normal non-conference schedule, it's all the more odd. Who knows. It could be as simple as they needed a date filled.

With the schedule he took this year (Concord, Virginia State, Bowie State, Fairmont State, Le Moyne) ... playing Westminster is what it is. It's an extra home date and better than no game. Ironically, Westminster came oh-so-close to beating Youngstown State last season.

IUP also gets no break in the crossover with all four East big boys -- Ship, East Stroudsburg, West Chester and Kutztown.

Toss in the usual suspects in the West and this is a very daunting schedule.

That opening weekend is going to be fantastic. I'm going to guess Malik Miller is drawing the big assignment in the Concord game.

Comment

IUP Ath. Dir. has moved on. Who would be some names to lead the Crimson Hawks?

Comment

Originally posted by PSAC76 View Post
                    IUP Ath. Dir. has moved on. Who would be some names to lead the Crimson Hawks?
                    Yikes, I thought IUP would get two more years out of him before he was swept away. He was good!

Comment

Young and successful at this level ... won't be around too long.

They'll get a lot of good applicants.

Just so they know ... they work for Joe and Tort (not the other way around).

Comment

Roster is posted.

The only unknown addition is it looks like Greg Bearer has rejoined the team.

Appears the 'big' rumor was just a rumor.

So, with Morrow not being replaced, the guard position isn't very deep. Malik Miller, Dante Lombardi and Armoni Foster will be the primary guards. Behind them is Anthony White (walk-on), Bearer and Andras Danscecs (freshman).

Bearer, if you recall, was a scholarship recruit about 3 years ago who left the team. He was injured during his freshman year. Joe spoke pretty highly of him back then but he hasn't played in two years. He's a good athlete and has nice size (his height shrunk since his freshman year ... lol).

Here's the bad news:

Dom Keyes is not on the roster.

Does Joe play Ulrich now and go 5 deep down low or stick with the redshirt plan? The post is completely loaded. Not replacing Morrow is a bit of a concern. Seems to me Keyes was lost in attrition.

Also of note: As expected, Jalen Vaughns is not on the roster.

Keep in mind these rosters get changed all the time. I wouldn't be shocked to see a mid-season add at the guard position. The rumor was a little too hot. By my count, there are 9 scholarships being used (and Dante doesn't really count as he's going for free). So, there is some coin available.
                        Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 09-13-2018, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Depth Chart:

Guards

Dante Lombardi (senior)
                          Malik Miller (junior)
                          Armoni Foster (R-F)
                          Anthony White (soph / walk-on)
                          Greg Bearer (senior)
                          Andras Danscecs (freshman)

Charles Humphries (6'6", 185)
                          Willem Brandwijk (6'9", 225)