Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Late one tonight ... tentative 9:30 p.m. (EST) tip-off.

The Gazette stated yesterday Audrey is up to 'questionable'. If they can get past tonight they can probably have her back for the next one. If she can't go it leaves them a little thin at the guard spot. Recall they've already lost backup PG Ana Hollen for the season (ACL).

Comment

HALF

IUP 47
      Stonehill 34

Comment

End 3rd

IUP 59
        Stonehill 53

IUP is in serious foul trouble ... gonna be tight.

Comment

FINAL

IUP 74
          Stonehill 71

Comment

Nice job. Onto the Final Four.

All that stands in your way is an undefeated defending national champion with a coach who has a career record of 103-2. No big deal. Brush them aside and you'll be in Friday's championship.

Seriously ... best of luck ... be good representatives of the PSAC!

Comment

Survive and advance... those refs were about as ticky tack that I've ever seen. Some of the fouls, I don't even think there was contact. oh well, on to the vaunted Ashland!

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
                Nice job. Onto the Final Four.

All that stands in your way is an undefeated defending national champion with a coach who has a career record of 103-2. No big deal. Brush them aside and you'll be in Friday's championship.

Seriously ... best of luck ... be good representatives of the PSAC!
                Its a big Mountain to climb, but the IUP women did beat Pitt this year.

Comment

All streaks in the history of sports ... have to end at some point. Not saying they'll win, but they aren't going to roll over and be in awe of them, either.

The foul calls are the only reason that game got close last night. IUP had to play the whole fourth quarter in serious, serious foul trouble and it really limited their game on both ends. Thank goodness that game didn't go to overtime. Carolyn's pass break-up and forced jump ball at the end ... one of the more iconic plays in program history.

That was definitely a crew accustomed to calling a more Stonehill-friendly, finesse game. I never realized how physical IUP plays (because all West teams play physical) until you saw them against the polar opposite last night. In a PSAC gym, half of those fouls aren't even called. Brittany's screen ... when the Stonehill player hit it like a brickwall and flew back 5' ... clean as could be. I think the crew got baited in to several calls, also. There was some flopping in the building.

But, you have to play the hand dealt. Unfortunately, the ticky-tack nature made what appeared to be a blowout mid-third quarter in to a tight game.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    All streaks in the history of sports ... have to end at some point. Not saying they'll win, but they aren't going to roll over and be in awe of them, either.

The foul calls are the only reason that game got close last night. IUP had to play the whole fourth quarter in serious, serious foul trouble and it really limited their game on both ends. Thank goodness that game didn't go to overtime. Carolyn's pass break-up and forced jump ball at the end ... one of the more iconic plays in program history.

That was definitely a crew accustomed to calling a more Stonehill-friendly, finesse game. I never realized how physical IUP plays (because all West teams play physical) until you saw them against the polar opposite last night. In a PSAC gym, half of those fouls aren't even called. Brittany's screen ... when the Stonehill player hit it like a brickwall and flew back 5' ... clean as could be. I think the crew got baited in to several calls, also. There was some flopping in the building.

But, you have to play the hand dealt. Unfortunately, the ticky-tack nature made what appeared to be a blowout mid-third quarter in to a tight game.
                    Was it just me, or did one announcer in particular seem to be pulling for Stonehill ? they didn't even announce IUP substitutions - which brings to mind that Stapleton was playing last night.

Comment

Oh yeah ... homer central. Odd for a neutral crew. As a neutral crew I'm not sure how you don't address the elephant in the room stat of one team being doubled up in foul calls.

I thought the video feed was fantastic. I didn't like, however, how you really couldn't hear the crowd at all. It was almost like the announcers were sitting in a secluded press box.

Comment

IUP has given an offer to KJ Rhodes from Montour High School. He's 6-5 Small forward. Hopefully if he comes to IUP he'll be more played than Vaughns. I could see him taking Huttons place in the lineup, but then again Joe doesn't like to start freshmen unless they're insanely talented.

Comment

No live computer feed tonight. The game is on CBS Sportsline (TV). It's channel 288 in Indiana. It's not included in most standard cable packages.

If you don't have it ... you may be able to get through the app -- but not 100 percent sure on that ...

Comment

Originally posted by IUPBBall View Post
                            IUP has given an offer to KJ Rhodes from Montour High School. He's 6-5 Small forward. Hopefully if he comes to IUP he'll be more played than Vaughns. I could see him taking Huttons place in the lineup, but then again Joe doesn't like to start freshmen unless they're insanely talented.
                            Would the guy just languish on the bench as a purported redshirt while the team struggled and tried to play with six guys? If so, then he might as well look elsewhere. Bravado might as well just go all in with the Gary Edwards mercenary transfer route at this juncture of his career.

-

Comment

They were interested in Rhodes last summer. He also has an offer from Fairmont State (among others). I'm not 100% Joe actually offered him, however.

He played at a prep school this year to raise his stock.

Comment

I'm 100% with IUP CRIMSON HAWKS. This is the 'all in' team they've been waiting for ... no high school players.

They have Cobo, Dante, Malik, Willem, Keyes and Foster back. Most of the West is being gutted.

Great core but needs more. Add 3-4 Day 1 imports. No more freaking red shirts. It's killed them every time they've done it. I usually hate one-year types but if he's there take him.

They've got the money. Go for it already.

Anybody watch the Elite 8? Teams were all playing 10-11 guys.

I don't ever recall having more disgust than watching that PSAC tournament game ... and I haven't missed many games over the years.

Joe's flaw is always depth. Fix it already.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X