Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Re: Iup basketball

The other thing they were able to do last night was to pull away in the 2nd half. The press didn't work so well for fairmont. IUP's schedule from here on out is quite a bit easier too. If they get by WCU, only ESU may be the only ranked team left.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
        The other thing they were able to do last night was to pull away in the 2nd half. The press didn't work so well for fairmont. IUP's schedule from here on out is quite a bit easier too. If they get by WCU, only ESU may be the only ranked team left.
        Fairmont's press was awful. I saw it in person. They stayed in it way too long and it was broken with ease all night.

The other reality is they had no chance under the basket. None. They knew it and IUP knew they were just going to launch all night. Joe had the perimeter shut down for 98 percent of that game.

They definitely got flustered. When they tried doing a fake flop ... that's when you knew they were getting desperate.

Armoni and Malik are both about (legit) 6'4" and both nasty, quick defenders. They're both fast, strong, tough and annoy and pester people. Both are very physical and get right in peoples faces.

I thought Marko had another good game. Chucky did, too, in his short stint. Both Marko and Bearer hit some big shots.

Past two games are the best run of Dante's career. We saw this massive leap with DeVante Chance as a senior. We are now seeing it with Dante. He's never had this much talent around him, either, which obviously helps any PG.

The single biggest difference with this team is when the first 3 off the bench enter there isn't any fall off.

Armoni plays like a junior not a freshman.

Comment

CIAA member Chowan lost today (they were undefeated).

Comment

Shaw's Amir Hinton was featured in Sports Illustrated's Faces in the Crowd in the latest print issue (Sportsperson of the Year).

Comment

Keeping some tabs on IUP's first 10 opponents:

Concord (9-2)
              Virginia State (7-3)
              Bowie State (5-6)
              U-Sciences (4-7)
              Westminster (D3 ... doesn't calculate in to SOS)
              Le Moyne (6-3)
              Kutztown (6-4)
              Millersville (5-4)
              Shippensburg (8-2)
              Fairmont State (8-3)

Opponents record: 58-34

This schedule has been brutal and it doesn't let up anytime soon.

The Fairmont State game wrapped up the non-conference portion of the schedule. WCU and ESU remain in crossover in addition to the West brawls.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Keeping some tabs on IUP's first 10 opponents:

Concord (9-2)
                Virginia State (7-3)
                Bowie State (5-6)
                U-Sciences (4-7)
                Westminster (D3 ... doesn't calculate in to SOS)
                Le Moyne (6-3)
                Kutztown (6-4)
                Millersville (5-4)
                Shippensburg (8-2)
                Fairmont State (8-3)

Opponents record: 58-34

This schedule has been brutal and it doesn't let up anytime soon.

The Fairmont State game wrapped up the non-conference portion of the schedule. WCU and ESU remain in crossover in addition to the West brawls.
                The IUP men have done fantastic thus far and should be lauded. I guess just to give your supporting data a high degree of validity we need to know the exact level of competition that each of those schools have faced. After all, tis the season to bring in the creampuffs and line up the tomato cans.

I think that the Maryland Eastern Shore team that Pitt beat yesterday might have a hard time beating a team made up of this forum posters such as myself, IUPBigIndians, IUPalum, Chuck Norris and IUP24. They were that bad. LOL.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                  The IUP men have done fantastic thus far and should be lauded. I guess just to give your supporting data a high degree of validity we need to know the exact level of competition that each of those schools have faced. After all, tis the season to bring in the creampuffs and line up the tomato cans.

I think that the Maryland Eastern Shore team that Pitt beat yesterday might have a hard time beating a team made up of this forum posters such as myself, IUPBigIndians, IUPalum, Chuck Norris and IUP24. They were that bad. LOL.

-
                  UMES lost to D3 Salisbury this season.

Comment

That's a suckers bet. If IUP escapes Fairmont tonight (big IF) ... that has classic hangover game written all over it. WCU has also had 10 days to prepare for the IUP game. Not that I used to gamble on sports or anything. LOL. But, those are key factors in gambling on games. Not to mention WCU has won three straight in the series. Further, the last game before a long break is always interesting. One team usually seems to already be on break mentally. Real money involved ... I wouldn't touch that game.

WCU has a lot of talent. What's up with the start they've had?
                    Sure it's a sucker's bet, but that's ever stopped Vegas from setting a line. :) The West Chester men lost to a <.500 Wilmington team fro the first time in forever. And when you throw in a youthful WCU women's squad, a combined margin of 25 seems modest. Plus West Chester plays at Seton Hill on Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

-
                      HEY! I can shoot the three ball!!! I just need you guys to grind the boards!
                      Last edited by IUPalum; 12-17-2018, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Up Next : West Chester visits the KCAC Tuesday night at 7:30 p.m.

Record: 2-1 PSAC / 6-4 overall (all four losses have come on the road)

Wins: Chestnut Hill (3-6), Bowie State (5-5), Holy Family (4-4), Edinboro (3-4), California (2-6), Williamson School of the Trades (1-9 D3)
                        Losses: West Virginia Wesleyan, West Liberty, Wilmington, Slippery Rock

Stats:

PPG 80.8
                        FG: 44%
                        3PT: 34% (hitting about 9 a game)
                        FT: 66%
                        Rebounds: 44 per game (opponents 33 per game)

Notes:

* (11) players averaging double figure minutes although two extreme blowouts (Edinboro and Williamson) likely skew the stats a bit
                        * Three scoring in double digits: Jackson Hyland (17.6), Malik Jackson (15.7) and Frank Rokins (11.4)
                        * Senior guard Matt Penecale has missed five games but did play 36 minutes in the teams last outing
                        * Malik Jackson is a major deep threat. On the year he's shooting 37% on 83 attempts. Recall he smoked IUP from deep as a true freshmen a couple years back.
                        * WCU has been turnover-prone at times -- four games with 18 or more
                        * Team is living and dying with the deep shot. Follow the pattern in the four losses: 5-for-20, 8-for-23, 6-for-30, 5-for-23
                        * Very sporadic at the FT line ... some real good games (92%) and some real bad ones (52%)
                        * Nice size on the roster. Tim Toro is only getting 21 mpg but is very effective, strong and physical
                        * No wins yet against teams with a winning record

The Rams are actually kind of a hard team to figure out based on their body of work to this point. Picked to win the East, there's no way not to call this a disappointing start. They've looked real good at times and not so good at others. There is a ton of talent on the roster. WCU has won the past three in the series dating back a few years. Watching Joe Lombardi and Damien Blair go at each other (usually starts within minutes) is an entertaining sideshow.

I fully expect this to be a tough game. West Chester has had nearly two weeks to prepare for this game. That long of a break can help or hurt. The Rams have shot the ball incredibly well in the past three meetings against IUP. The Crimson Hawks are coming off several emotional games in a row. They have to find a way to turn it up one more time before they get a long break. Hopefully they can get at least 1,000 or so in the building.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                          HEY! I can shoot the three ball!!! I just need you guys to grind the boards!

Comment

• Comment

Kids' first Pens game. May set up a GoFundMe when I get home. Goodness.

Comment

Kids' first Pens game. May set up a GoFundMe when I get home. Goodness.
                                hahahaha, they aren't cheap! I usually catch one a year come playoffs time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X