Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

IUP made the No. 1 spot in the Performance indicators. You can see the updated version in the General Discussion thread. Scroll down.

Comment

And all this time I didn't realize there was a basketball forum right under my nose. Thanks IUP24 for helping me find more ways to spend time not doing the things I probably should be!

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
        And all this time I didn't realize there was a basketball forum right under my nose. Thanks IUP24 for helping me find more ways to spend time not doing the things I probably should be!
        Well, try and keep it a secret from most of the football posters. LOL. We like (somewhat) civility on this side.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Well, try and keep it a secret from most of the football posters. LOL. We like (somewhat) civility on this side.
          Agreed! I have basically quit posting on the football side because no sense is made over there. It's all trash talk and no football talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
            Agreed! I have basically quit posting on the football side because no sense is made over there. It's all trash talk and no football talk.

Comment

Are you saying that I should not let Homer know about this forum?

But the basketball forum has by and large attracted a much more civil crowd over the years.

-

Comment

If Homer comes over here I will finance a private web site for us.

Comment

Merry Christmas to all of you.

May you all get that coveted enrollment in the Jelly of the Month Club. I hear it's the gift that keeps on giving all year long.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

May you all get that coveted enrollment in the Jelly of the Month Club. I hear it's the gift that keeps on giving all year long.

Comment

That it is Eddie!

Comment

Next five games on the board:

Gannon - Will likely resemble a typical (ugly) IUP vs Gannon game -- slow, physical, painful to watch, low-scoring, etc.
                        UPJ - Mountain Cats get a big Saturday night stage in the KCAC. We'll see if they are ready for primetime.
                        at Mercyhurst - The strangest gym in America is never an easy visit -- especially when the hosts are playing so well.
                        at Slippery Rock -- Most of the knuckleheads (on both sides) who started all the stuff in two games last year are gone. Be ready for a war, regardless.
                        at East Stroudsburg -- The final crossover game in the crossover schedule from Hell (Top 5 East teams)

Tough stretch to start the second half ... not an easy one on the list. Anybody thinking Gannon is going to be easy is delusional. John Reilly with almost two weeks to prepare ... they'll be ready and up for the game. IUP does catch a nice break getting the SRU trip over with while students are still gone.

Comment

IUPAlum was nice enough to remind me this morning of a rather infamous game in the IUP vs. Gannon series.

February 15, 2014

It was the last Gannon win in Indiana. It's also not so fondly remembered as the 'Silent Night' game.

IUP entered the jam-packed Saturday night home game ranked No. 7 in the country. A near-KCAC record crowd of 3,621 was in attendance.

It took IUP nearly 10 minutes to get its 10th point and end the silence. The Hawks did score 21 more to take a 31-27 lead in to the locker room. But, it was Gannon's night. The Knights pulled away in the end for a 67-62 victory.

IUP was led by Marcel Souberbielle's 21 points, while Adam Blazek's 15 led Gannon.

A lot of theories on that game. Many people remember that night to this day. Gannon had a defensive machine that year. Perhaps that wasn't the night to keep one of the largest crowds in school history silent. Many think it had the team rattled.

One thing is for certain. It was the first -- and last -- Silent Night game ever held at IUP.

Comment

IUPAlum was nice enough to remind me this morning of a rather infamous game in the IUP vs. Gannon series.

February 15, 2014

It was the last Gannon win in Indiana. It's also not so fondly remembered as the 'Silent Night' game.

IUP entered the jam-packed Saturday night home game ranked No. 7 in the country. A near-KCAC record crowd of 3,621 was in attendance.

It took IUP nearly 10 minutes to get its 10th point and end the silence. The Hawks did score 21 more to take a 31-27 lead in to the locker room. But, it was Gannon's night. The Knights pulled away in the end for a 67-62 victory.

IUP was led by Marcel Souberbielle's 21 points, while Adam Blazek's 15 led Gannon.

A lot of theories on that game. Many people remember that night to this day. Gannon had a defensive machine that year. Perhaps that wasn't the night to keep one of the largest crowds in school history silent. Many think it had the team rattled.

One thing is for certain. It was the first -- and last -- Silent Night game ever held at IUP.
                            The Silent Night promotion served its purpose and nearly filled the arena. How the first part of the game unfolded was unfortunate but I still give the organizers an A for outside the box thinking. Given what attendance has been the last few years, if you could guarantee Joe a crowd of even 3,000, I bet he would at least consider it again.

Comment

Agreed. It was cool.

It also became a good story.

I remember actually attending so few games. That isn't one of them.

Comment

IUP women 32
                                Gannon 21

Gannon women with 17 turn overs... yikes!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X