• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Whatever Bravado said at the half ... WORKED

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Can't zoom where is the cast? I noticed he wasn't playing.
      In the black to the far right

Comment

• Comment

Final

IUP 77
          Mercyhurst 66

Comment

• Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
            In the black to the far right

Comment

I'm impressed. At halftime I thought they were dead.

Mercyhurst seemed to run out of gas the final 12 minutes. Odd for how much they sub.

Whatever IUP changed defensively after the break worked wonders.

As IUP24 said ... hard to beat them for 40 minutes. They keep coming.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

I was there live. Greg Bearer is in a cast and it looks like a 3-4 week injury.

First half it took IUP some time to get used to that triangle/2 defense. To go with it, they had good looks but just couldn't get anything to fall. Defensively they didn't guard the 3 point like usual and it killed them. #5 for Hurst looked like the old guy from the YMCA game but he sure could spot shoot (they took that away from him in the second half).

Second half IUP tightened up the defense and shot better.

* Losing Bearer is tough. Dancses isn't ready defensively and that showed tonight.
                    * Chucky's a tweener as far as guard/forward and makes it hard to where he fits in. He played as good as he could have in his role tonight.
                    * Malik can't get in foul touble without Bearer around. He got away with a trip minutes into the game tonight right in front of me. (It was dirty)
                    * The team has grit and won't ever be out of a game!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                      I was there live. Greg Bearer is in a cast and it looks like a 3-4 week injury.

First half it took IUP some time to get used to that triangle/2 defense. To go with it, they had good looks but just couldn't get anything to fall. Defensively they didn't guard the 3 point like usual and it killed them. #5 for Hurst looked like the old guy from the YMCA game but he sure could spot shoot (they took that away from him in the second half).

Second half IUP tightened up the defense and shot better.

* Losing Bearer is tough. Dancses isn't ready defensively and that showed tonight.
                      * Chucky's a tweener as far as guard/forward and makes it hard to where he fits in. He played as good as he could have in his role tonight.
                      * Malik can't get in foul touble without Bearer around. He got away with a trip minutes into the game tonight right in front of me. (It was dirty)
                      * The team has grit and won't ever be out of a game!
                      Sounds like Chucky just got a promotion. He's ready. Wherever it may be.

Comment

If I knew my right and left. He's on the far *left.*

Regardless, he's the glue guy and knows his role. That's a piece IUP hasn't had in a few seasons.

Comment

Box Score gem:

Willem 14 points (7 for 7 from field) and 10 rebounds.

He doesn't get the pub as some of the others, but he's becoming the unsung hero of the team.

Comment

Box Score gem:

He doesn't get the pub as some of the others, but he's becoming the unsung hero of the team.
                            Pretty easy to be 7 for 7 when they were all dunks and put back lay ups! hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                              Pretty easy to be 7 for 7 when they were all dunks and put back lay ups! hahaha

Comment

Box Score gem:

needs to work on his foul shooting though. but I agree, his play this year a big part of the success. compare this years team to the 2014/15 team with Daddy, and Hanner Hope they can keep it going.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X