Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It appears they are not going to move the basketball games back. The football game is kicking off at 12 p.m. The basketball games are set for 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.

It also means there will not be a video feed of either basketball game.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      It appears they are not going to move the basketball games back. The football game is kicking off at 12 p.m. The basketball games are set for 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.

It also means there will not be a video feed of either basketball game.
      Hope that the Sports Information Department has a big enough staff and crew that can handle both games.

Can't blame the PSAC for not moving the games. Would be difficult for the visiting teams to travel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden89 View Post

Hope that the Sports Information Department has a big enough staff and crew that can handle both games.

Can't blame the PSAC for not moving the games. Would be difficult for the visiting teams to travel.
        Typically, but not in this case. Bloomsburg is at Indiana on Saturday. They only go to Seton Hill on Sunday (40 minutes away from Indiana).

Comment

• Many of you will love this news: The word on the street is junior guard Anthony White is taking a redshirt season.

So, the 'redshirt' roster is now: Anthony White, Ousmane Diop, Bryce Radford and KJ Rhodes.

Has to make one wonder WTF is going on over there inside the offices of the KCAC?

It's obviously apparent Benton isn't going to be the 8th man as he's down to just 5 mpg. Porterfield (projected 7th man) is a major work in progress and his minutes are dwindling with each game). Ulrich is out of the equation. Porterfield should continue to get better as the year moves along and hopefully will contribute more in Jan-Feb.

I'll openly say Joe has one of the top 1-6 in the country. But, that isn't sustainable for 30+ games. It will be a real shame if he wastes that 6-man rotation over being stubborn about these redshirts.

They best be in good cardio shape come Sunday. Six guys getting pressed by a 12-man rotation for 40 minutes isn't easy.

Comment

Many of you will love this news: The word on the street is junior guard Anthony White is taking a redshirt season.

So, the 'redshirt' roster is now: Anthony White, Ousmane Diop, Bryce Radford and KJ Rhodes.

Has to make one wonder WTF is going on over there inside the offices of the KCAC?

It's obviously apparent Benton isn't going to be the 8th man as he's down to just 5 mpg. Porterfield (projected 7th man) is a major work in progress and his minutes are dwindling with each game). Ulrich is out of the equation. Porterfield should continue to get better as the year moves along and hopefully will contribute more in Jan-Feb.

I'll openly say Joe has one of the top 1-6 in the country. But, that isn't sustainable for 30+ games. It will be a real shame if he wastes that 6-man rotation over being stubborn about these redshirts.

They best be in good cardio shape come Sunday. Six guys getting pressed by a 12-man rotation for 40 minutes isn't easy.

Comment

• Sunday's game against ESU has been tabbed the first NCAA Showcase Game of the year. It will be streamed on ESPN3.

Comment

Sunday's game against ESU has been tabbed the first NCAA Showcase Game of the year. It will be streamed on ESPN3.
                Nice--can't argue with that match-up as a good place to start. Still a major shame about Smith. If he were playing, it'd be an even spicier match-up. Here's hoping the young man is continuing to battle and recover speedily.

WLU-Charleston is slated for the NCAA Showcase Game on Feb. 8.

Comment

• It will be an entertaining game. IUP has won 8 of the past 10 meetings against ESU but they've almost all been close (7 point average margin). The past two, in particular, have been thrillers.

(2018-2019) - IUP won at ESU in OT, 98-97, in by far the highest scoring game in the past decade of this series

(2017-2018) - ESU won at the KCAC, 85-82. IUP committed a whopping 28 TOs and somehow almost pulled it out before losing at the end. This was the ESU team that went to the Elite 8.

It will be a big test. On one hand, IUP hasn't played a team yet that presses (hardly at all) let alone one that does is all 40 minutes. On the other hand, IUP plays defense on the level of Virginia State (which held ESU to 49 points). I suspect another close game.

But, that's Sunday. IUP has to deal with Bloomsburg first on Saturday. The first half of the Bloomsburg game may be in front of an empty KCAC as the football game across the parking lot will likely be in the late stages of the final quarter when Joe tips off. Bloomsburg has a history of coming in here and playing tough. I've seen it happen enough times that I can't not take them seriously despite their past records, etc. Bloomsburg's coach was a great player at IUP and he gets them really 'up' to play here.

Comment

• The 8-day layoff finally ends today. I think this will be radio and live stats only today.

Comment

The 8-day layoff finally ends today. I think this will be radio and live stats only today.
                      Game video on Bloom site.

Comment

• Not a doctor so I don't know Demo's status but I'm guessing it's not good. Best case is a sprained knee.

That's about as much of a disaster as possible.

I'll be curious if Ousmane Diop is no longer a redshirt as of tomorrow.

Comment

• I sure hope Diop becomes active. Ulrich is a hack and no way he can fill the Demo role. Losing Demo is a season killer.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                            I sure hope Diop becomes active. Ulrich is a hack and no way he can fill the Demo role. Losing Demo is a season killer.
                            If he's done for the year .... game over.

Comment

Not a doctor so I don't know Demo's status but I'm guessing it's not good. Best case is a sprained knee.

That's about as much of a disaster as possible.

I'll be curious if Ousmane Diop is no longer a redshirt as of tomorrow.
                              What a sh*t day for IUP athletics. Joe rarely changes his plans, so I wouldn't be surprised if he just goes with the rotation he has.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

What a sh*t day for IUP athletics. Joe rarely changes his plans, so I wouldn't be surprised if he just goes with the rotation he has.
                                Ulrich is a big body but he's a classic Gary Edwards hack banger. He's gonna have to dress Diop. No choice.

But ... As you say ... He won't

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X