Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Went from about 2,300 Friday night to 675 last night. That has to be the worst Saturday night gate ... Maybe ever.

Can't really blame the home football game because it was dead, too.

Too bad ... It was a good game.

Comment

• IUP "fans" piss me off! I sat in 212 and couldn't hack the Concord Grandma's during the first half. Then I sat in front of IUP guy the second half and all the people in that section hate him. I don't get it! Where are the REAL fans and why can't IUP get people into the seats? There is nothing else to do in Indiana!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
          IUP "fans" piss me off! I sat in 212 and couldn't hack the Concord Grandma's during the first half. Then I sat in front of IUP guy the second half and all the people in that section hate him. I don't get it! Where are the REAL fans and why can't IUP get people into the seats? There is nothing else to do in Indiana!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a train-wreck of a Saturday in regards to scheduling.

Football home at 12 p.m. The ladies were home at 3 p.m. and Joe was home at 6 p.m.

That said, each game drew less as the day went on ... football (2,400), Tom (1,400) and Joe (650). Joe did have a big gate the night before (2,300) when he was the only game. I think they were well over 3,000 Friday night and had a light count.

But ... make no mistake ... that was the worst Saturday night crowd I've ever seen for a Joe game. I've been to more lively funerals.

"IUP GUY" needs to switch sides. The side of the court behind the benches is so quiet. Nobody over there cheers or anything.

Poor UPJ had to play the nightcap both days. Their Friday night game that didn't start until about 9:35 p.m. ... maybe had 14 people in the stands.

Joe's next home game will have the same issue providing Tort wins this Saturday. Joe plays Bloomsburg the day that IUP would host a Round 1 football playoff game.

Comment

• There appears to be yet another schedule change for the IUP men's team.

Bridgeport was initially scheduled to play at IUP on Friday, Nov. 29 (as part of the IUP Thanksgiving Classic). That game is no longer on either teams posted schedule.

This would be the second change to this event as IUP was originally slated to play Lake Erie on Saturday, Nov. 30. Felician has since replaced Lake Erie. This game is scheduled for 3 p.m.

Comment

• I literally looked at the schedule last night and started chcking Bridgeport out. UGH!!!!!!!! I thought that was going to be a solid game.

Comment

I literally looked at the schedule last night and started chcking Bridgeport out. UGH!!!!!!!! I thought that was going to be a solid game.

I was looking forward to the game, too. It's nice to see some new teams every once in awhile. I don't know if they'll be able to fill that spot or not. I doubt it.

I'd love to know why it was cancelled, however. Bridgeport would have been a solid SOS boost. They will need some help to offset playing Clarion and Seton Hill twice each. West Virginia Wesleyan is also off to an 0-3 start.

That's the third game change this year already. Recall Fairmont State was on the original schedule then vanished. Then Lake Erie vanished and Felician got added.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I was looking forward to the game, too. It's nice to see some new teams every once in awhile. I don't know if they'll be able to fill that spot or not. I doubt it.

I'd love to know why it was cancelled, however. Bridgeport would have been a solid SOS boost. They will need some help to offset playing Clarion and Seton Hill twice each. West Virginia Wesleyan is also off to an 0-3 start.

That's the third game change this year already. Recall Fairmont State was on the original schedule then vanished. Then Lake Erie vanished and Felician got added.
                  It is rare to see one game vanish from a schedule, let alone three. What is happening?

Comment

• Felician was also scheduled to play Bridgeport and Lake Erie. I guess those two pulled out of the Classic for some reason.

Comment

• IUP 82
                      Le Moyne 78

Final

Great road win.

Comment

• Final Stats:

Armoni: 28 points (almost all in second half)
                        Demo: 22 points and 14 rebounds (almost all points in first half)
                        Malik: 15 points (really strong game all around)
                        Morris: 6 points and 4 assists
                        Chucky: 7 points, 2 steals, 2 assists, 4 rebounds (and a really clutch corner trey)
                        Shawndale: 4 points and 5 rebounds

TEAM

FG: 56.5%
                        Trey: 5-18
                        Rebounds: 42 to 32 in favor of IUP
                        Turnovers: 17 to 9 in favor of Le Moyne

Some not so good items:

* IUP gave up two double digit leads in the second half
                        * IUP was down (5) at the half
                        * Porterfield did not have a good game. He was a liability out there tonight and on the floor for both of Le Moyne's big runs. Baby steps. He logged just 12 minutes tonight and had some deer-in-the-headlights. Le Moyne's offense thrived when he came in and Chucky went out.
                        * Bench points: IUP 4 Le Moyne 25
                        * 17 turnovers led to 24 points for Le Moyne (including three baseline turnovers)
                        * Benton's minutes continue to free-fall. He played just 3 tonight.
                        * IUP basically played 6 guys tonight
                        * Anthony White still A-WOL from the floor as was Ulrich. White is hard to figure out. He's certainly capable of playing 8-10 minutes.

Le Moyne has a brutal early schedule but will win a lot of games this year. This will be a good SOS win as the year moves along. They have a nice team. Feisty bunch.

IUP also announced three teams have cancelled on the Thanksgiving Tournament so there will only be one game.

Comment

• Malik scored his 1,000th point last night.

Comment

• So what is the real story of the vanished Thanksgiving Classic. That doesn't just happen less than two weeks away.

Comment

So what is the real story of the vanished Thanksgiving Classic. That doesn't just happen less than two weeks away.
                              Joe may be running a 4-man, ironman rotation by then.

His fascination with playing 6 guys is why that game was even close last night.

The bench is a SERIOUS problem.

Comment

• Long layoff between games.

Bloomsburg (Saturday) and East Stroudsburg (Sunday) visit this weekend. Both games are scheduled for 3 p.m.

ESU plays at UPJ on Saturday. Tough weekend for the Warriors.

Joe's apparent 6-man rotation will get a workout being pressed for 40 minutes on Sunday.

?????

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X