Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Mercyhurst does seem to be in a bit of a funk.

Last 3 games:

* Lost at home to East Stroudsburg, 85-72
    - Pretty rare for any team to score 85 on them, but the Warriors have had their number.

* Beat a severely depleted Gannon team, 68-63

* Struggled with 1-win Seton Hill before surviving, 82-76
    - Again, surprised to see the Griffins get 76 points on the board

The Lakers do play Clarion today at 1 p.m.

I heard the remodel is really tight.

Rest assured, they'll be ready for Joe's visit.

It's safe to say Joe is a work in progress. I'm not sure they've figured out how exactly they want to play yet. It's tough changing styles 8 games in to a season. I think their best bet is to slow down on offense and crank up the defense. I think Joe hit it on the head and they just thought the game Saturday was over at halftime. They took their foot off the gas and looked disinterested the first 12 minutes of the second half.
    I'll say this, IUP should have a large crowd on Wednesday. With David, Armoni and Ethan on the squad it should fill quite a few seats!
    Last edited by IUPalum; 01-10-2022, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I'll say this, IUP should have a large crowd on Wednesday. With David, Armoni and Ethan on the squad it should fill quite a few seats!
      I remember that from the 19-20 season. IUP had some great crowds at GU, Mercy and Edinboro. In fact, the Boro game felt like a home game. Get loud in there Wednesday. They'll need you guys.

Comment

One thing to keep in mind ... I put on the the first couple minutes of the Clarion/Mercy game at lunch. The broadcaster said Mercyhurst is limiting attendance in order to combat Covid. They have the seating pushed in behind the benches. So, get there early. As you said that place is small to begin with now.

First time I noticed, too, Mercyhurst is starting (4) guards and only playing Cam Gross (6'5") underneath. That's quite a contrast to some of the gigantic Lakers' lineups of the past.

Comment

One thing to keep in mind ... I put on the the first couple minutes of the Clarion/Mercy game at lunch. The broadcaster said Mercyhurst is limiting attendance in order to combat Covid. They have the seating pushed in behind the benches. So, get there early. As you said that place is small to begin with now.

First time I noticed, too, Mercyhurst is starting (4) guards and only playing Cam Gross (6'5") underneath. That's quite a contrast to some of the gigantic Lakers' lineups of the past.
          I did presale for my tickets because I heard that about Hurst 3 weeks ago. I'm ready to roll!

Comment

• The men's game against Slippery Rock, originally scheduled for tonight, has been moved to next Monday (1/17).

As of now, IUP's game Saturday against Gannon is still on for 3 p.m. IUP has asked Gannon, however, to move the women's game to Sunday.

Not an easy break for Tom after taking two weeks off.

Comment

I did presale for my tickets because I heard that about Hurst 3 weeks ago. I'm ready to roll!
              Mercyhurst just announced that the only fans allowed will be required to be on the "player pass list" and that previously purchased tickets or season tickets can be refunded.

Wow. Here we go again.

Comment

Mercyhurst just announced that the only fans allowed will be required to be on the "player pass list" and that previously purchased tickets or season tickets can be refunded.

Wow. Here we go again.
                Amazing how the policy kicks into effect the day they are suppose to play IUP knowing they were bringing a crowd.

Comment

Amazing how the policy kicks into effect the day they are suppose to play IUP knowing they were bringing a crowd.
                  Quite a coincidence, huh?

Comment

Quite a coincidence, huh?

Comment

• Not sure how the "player pass" works. I assume each player probably gets 2-4 tickets.

Comment

Not sure how the "player pass" works. I assume each player probably gets 2-4 tickets.
                        Two

Comment

• Comment

• In a gym that size 60 fans can still make a difference.

Heck, 120 would be a big crowd at some PSAC schools. Lol

The timing, however, is very suspect -- especially when they had a home game today.

Comment

In a gym that size 60 fans can still make a difference.

Heck, 120 would be a big crowd at some PSAC schools. Lol

The timing, however, is very suspect -- especially when they had a home game today.
                              It's funny that they weren't afraid to let all those rabid Clarion fans in the house. Lol

The box score listed 113 as yesterday's attendance, so if 120 show up for IUP, I guess it'll be a "packed house."

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

It's funny that they weren't afraid to let all those rabid Clarion fans in the house. Lol

The box score listed 113 as yesterday's attendance, so if 120 show up for IUP, I guess it'll be a "packed house."
                                Unless about 80 of those 113 were all seated behind the cameras ... they must have counted the players, coaches and officials in that number.

Of course, a 1 p.m. tip on a work day isn't too likely to draw well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X