• Re: Iup basketball

Forgot about this little memory:

REFS 78 UPJ 67

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Forgot about this little memory:

REFS 78 UPJ 67
      And still their only home loss all year.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
        And still their only home loss all year.
        All the more ammunition to serve up to the league's most whiney player tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post
          Am I remembering correctly that they weren't actually allowed to use video replay? I thought it was a situation where the conference had disallowed video replay (because of spotty video coverage and limited camera angles), so the refs were huddling simply to talk about what they saw "live." I could be mistaken about that. But I thought I remembered that the real controversy was that the video showed he got it off, but the refs never saw the video. I'm not sure. It's entirely possible I might have made up that entire context just to rationalize it in my mind. Maybe IUPbig can ask his buddy Bruce.
          I don't recall the specific issues with the video. What I recall is that the refs originally called the shot off before the buzzer/clock hit zero which obviously kicked off a wild celebration. Sancomb then began "lobbying" with the refs at the scorers table and after a few minutes, the refs changed their minds, said the shot was not off before the buzzer and IMMEDIATELY sprinted for the locker room! I think I recall them looking at a monitor at the scorers table but I could be confusing another game with this one.

Bottom line, refs made the right call initially, they fell pray to coach lobbying and changed their call to the wrong call which was clearly shown on video. Clearly WLU was robbed! Had it not been for that fraudulent call, they would have won another regional title and perhaps their first NC.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
            I don't recall the specific issues with the video. What I recall is that the refs originally called the shot off before the buzzer/clock hit zero which obviously kicked off a wild celebration. Sancomb then began "lobbying" with the refs at the scorers table and after a few minutes, the refs changed their minds, said the shot was not off before the buzzer and IMMEDIATELY sprinted for the locker room! I think I recall them looking at a monitor at the scorers table but I could be confusing another game with this one.

Bottom line, refs made the right call initially, they fell pray to coach lobbying and changed their call to the wrong call which was clearly shown on video. Clearly WLU was robbed! Had it not been for that fraudulent call, they would have won another regional title and perhaps their first NC.
            You guys realize how hard that is in real time to get that call right? To this day one half of that gym says the bucket was good and the other half says it wasn't. You're talking fractions of a second and tips of fingers releasing a ball -- at full speed. Does video of it not exist?

Boswell's banked-in, semi-corner three is just as amazing. He could shoot that 100 times and may not make it again.

Nobody watching that live could definitively make that call without guessing. To my memory they did have a monitor on the scorers' table. Remember they immediately froze the broadcast and all you could hear was the announcers saying it was no good and WJ had won. Then radio silence.

Comment

You guys realize how hard that is in real time to get that call right? To this day one half of that gym says the bucket was good and the other half says it wasn't. You're talking fractions of a second and tips of fingers releasing a ball -- at full speed. Does video of it not exist?

Boswell's banked-in, semi-corner three is just as amazing. He could shoot that 100 times and may not make it again.

Nobody watching that live could definitively make that call without guessing. To my memory they did have a monitor on the scorers' table. Remember they immediately froze the broadcast and all you could hear was the announcers saying it was no good and WJ had won. Then radio silence.
              That's just it, the refs DID make the right call at first...Then changed their mind. Yes, there was video that clearly shows the clock ticking down the last second and light is clearly visible between Gross's fingertip and the ball with the clock at .01. Was it a bang-bang play? Sure was. But the point is that they got it right initially, then bowed to pressure changing the call even in the face of definitive video.

Comment

Here's Sancomb's side of the story:

https://fightingfalcons.com/news/201...t-liberty.aspx

Can't seem to find the video on Youtube ... gotta be on there somewhere.

Comment

Here's Sancomb's side of the story:

https://fightingfalcons.com/news/201...t-liberty.aspx

Can't seem to find the video on Youtube ... gotta be on there somewhere.
                  I've looked and I can't find it anymore either. But in the days after the game, I reviewed in at least 20 times. I actually loaded it into a video forensics program we had at work which let me do all sort of things (ultra slow, enhance areas, amplify background sounds, etc). It was close but clear even in "normal" mode...clear space between Gross's fingertip and the ball as the clock ticks to .00 and then a very small fraction of a second (actually 2 hundreds of a second...that's how powerful this video program is!) the horn sounded.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                    I've looked and I can't find it anymore either. But in the days after the game, I reviewed in at least 20 times. I actually loaded it into a video forensics program we had at work which let me do all sort of things (ultra slow, enhance areas, amplify background sounds, etc). It was close but clear even in "normal" mode...clear space between Gross's fingertip and the ball as the clock ticks to .00 and then a very small fraction of a second (actually 2 hundreds of a second...that's how powerful this video program is!) the horn sounded.

CSI: West Liberty

lol

Comment

The problem that day was that the backboard lights and the clock were not completely synced up. Also if I remember right one basket was slightly different than the other. I remember seeing still shots that showed the ball on his fingertips and the lights were red around the backboard he was shooting at but the clock said .01. They did refer to the monitor though to make the call. Not sure if you go with the lights or the .01, they obviously went with the lights. Hard pill to swallow either way.

Comment

CSI: West Liberty

lol
                        Hahahahaha!!! Something like that! I had to justify using the program for this as a "training event."

Comment

CHUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Chucky on fire

Comment

UPJ can play! Big win and move on!

Comment

If Chucky isn't starting .... call me confused. It's not even close.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X