X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Yeah, no, that's not going to happen. I'm all about working inside out with the 3 shooter catching and square to the hoop no matter where the three ball is. These guys are better shooters than limiting their shots. They have to work inside out though and that they don't do.

Leave a comment:

• IUPTrackMan
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I'm the opposite. I think the guards are a growing concern. Bearer is having trouble hitting the rim since he came back (literally) and Armoni is pretty banged up. Malik is turning the ball over way too much (the team as a whole is). Dante has been pretty solid.

I do buy in to the level of opponent argument -- to an extent. Joe's teams historically give a fairly 'blah' performance in such games.

Yesterday was just a poorly coached game. He said in the paper today they couldn't just pound the ball inside all day. Why the freak not? What did chucking 7 of 33 treys do (other than almost lose them the game)? Pound, pound, pound and then pound some more until the opponent has no choice but to sell out on the post.

They were launching some UGLY shots yesterday -- airballs, etc.

The No. 2 team in the country can't be in a tight game with a minute left against a team with 5 players. No excuses.

The DeVante Chance team ... it didn't matter if they were home or away. This team ... getting that regional here, in my opinion, is extremely important.

I agree that was a 'dud' yesterday. But, that's two 'duds' in a row. They best be ready to roll Wednesday night. Of these bottom-dwellers all in a row, Edinboro is pretty hot right now. They will likely run in to a decent crowd up there, too.

They have to adjust better on days they can't hit the side of a barn (like yesterday). They were lucky to win that game yesterday. That's not a good thing to say based on the opponent and time of year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

You sure wouldn't think but we've all seen the past two games. Take it back a third game up at UPJ. Minus Chuckie bailing them out they don't win that game.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    I agree that I think the guards are struggling. Dante has been good but past him... YIKES!!!

1) Armoni's injuries are showing.
    2) Malik has been a turnover machine.
    3) Bearer's shot resembles a playground player right now.
    4) Where has Anthony White been? He could play 5-6 minutes to help get guys healthy.
    5) I still say Marco is better than Willem.
    6) Is Cobo's back ok? If not, Chucky can play!
    7) If Cobo is healthy, why not use both Chuck and Cobo at the same time? Athleticism!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I agree that I think the guards are struggling. Dante has been good but past him... YIKES!!!

1) Armoni's injuries are showing.
    2) Malik has been a turnover machine.
    3) Bearer's shot resembles a playground player right now.
    4) Where has Anthony White been? He could play 5-6 minutes to help get guys healthy.
    5) I still say Marco is better than Willem.
    6) Is Cobo's back ok? If not, Chucky can play!
    7) If Cobo is healthy, why not use both Chuck and Cobo at the same time? Athleticism!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I'm the opposite. I think the guards are a growing concern. Bearer is having trouble hitting the rim since he came back (literally) and Armoni is pretty banged up. Malik is turning the ball over way too much (the team as a whole is). Dante has been pretty solid.

I do buy in to the level of opponent argument -- to an extent. Joe's teams historically give a fairly 'blah' performance in such games.

Yesterday was just a poorly coached game. He said in the paper today they couldn't just pound the ball inside all day. Why the freak not? What did chucking 7 of 33 treys do (other than almost lose them the game)? Pound, pound, pound and then pound some more until the opponent has no choice but to sell out on the post.

They were launching some UGLY shots yesterday -- airballs, etc.

The No. 2 team in the country can't be in a tight game with a minute left against a team with 5 players. No excuses.

The DeVante Chance team ... it didn't matter if they were home or away. This team ... getting that regional here, in my opinion, is extremely important.

I agree that was a 'dud' yesterday. But, that's two 'duds' in a row. They best be ready to roll Wednesday night. Of these bottom-dwellers all in a row, Edinboro is pretty hot right now. They will likely run in to a decent crowd up there, too.

They have to adjust better on days they can't hit the side of a barn (like yesterday). They were lucky to win that game yesterday. That's not a good thing to say based on the opponent and time of year.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

7 for 33 from deep

17 TOs

Only 11 FT attempts

Goodness ... pray they don't see a zone the rest of the way.

Looked like they were as timid against the Cal zone as if they were playing Syracuse.

Three 6'9" guys Cal has no answer for and IUP just chucks bricks from 30' all day.

Not a well-coached game.
    You couldn't resist... I thought we weren't commenting? hahaha

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

7 for 33 from deep

17 TOs

Only 11 FT attempts

Goodness ... pray they don't see a zone the rest of the way.

Looked like they were as timid against the Cal zone as if they were playing Syracuse.

Three 6'9" guys Cal has no answer for and IUP just chucks bricks from 30' all day.

Not a well-coached game.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Comments on the 65-60 win:

The end.

On to Edinboro.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Cobo can dominate this game from the high post and he just refuses to. Why does he keep kicking it out for bricked threes???

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

This game can't end fast enough

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

How many treys can a team miss before they stop shooting them?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

IUP ever seen a zone before?

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

They looked real interested in that half. Yikes.
    ugh... they looked like they couldve put it on them but laid back on offense.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X