X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Palek played the role of moron. Ejected.
    Biggest jerk in the league, and I’m using family friendly terminology. Why referees let him (or others) run their mouths and question every call is beyond me. T him up right out of the gate to send the message. Maybe that will help. He’s a punk and Danny lets him get away with it.

Leave a comment:

• TheMadLibs
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

That wasn't an easy game to officiate. A lot of banging around and chippiness the whole game. They called a lot of fouls and could have called quite a few more. Like many officials these days, they let the coaches and players chatter too much without getting control of it. A no-class move by the Cal kid at the end of the game, which could very well lay the groundwork for more stuff if the two teams meet again. Whichever crew gets that game had better be prepared to tamp it down quickly.

Also got tired of the guy doing the Gannon stream attempting to referee the game from behind the microphone.
    The guy behind the stream is awful. I don't listen during games, just watch, most of the Time. But you lucked into not hear them kid who also dies they games, clearly knows little basketball and just yells doing pbp. He's an embarrassment. Add into it awful camera work and we missed multiple events from slow camera moves and I wouldn't trust anything

And you're right, it was a difficult game, super physical. Head of officials would have expected that heading into it especially after r1. You could tell they picked more fit guys, but it seemed emotions were literally high everywhere. There were a few blatant calls in h2 that I thought were consistently missed by younger official, not one sided but there seemed a bias.

Sancomb is notoriously whiny and I think Fee has shades of very strong reactions. We've seen him loses this cool once before and get a T, in the Millersville loss. I thought both could have been last night tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMadLibs View Post

They lost control midway thru the first half. Both coaches were unhappy. But it wasn't just Palek and Collins. I saw Hall with two different nut shots during the game, one on Omajafo and one on Anderson, during 2nd half.

I absolutely agree Hobbs can be a liability. He hot dogs like he's hitting 7 3s a game of and makes me nuts. And Omajafo has a chip from last season for sure. But that Cal team behaves like they have multiple Nattys and deserve every call.

It was a tense and back and forth game. I think Fee continues to learn to never back down. I thought he got that from the SRU game but after tonight, I hope there are a few end of game layups to close out our next win v Cal.
    That wasn't an easy game to officiate. A lot of banging around and chippiness the whole game. They called a lot of fouls and could have called quite a few more. Like many officials these days, they let the coaches and players chatter too much without getting control of it. A no-class move by the Cal kid at the end of the game, which could very well lay the groundwork for more stuff if the two teams meet again. Whichever crew gets that game had better be prepared to tamp it down quickly.

Also got tired of the guy doing the Gannon stream attempting to referee the game from behind the microphone.

Leave a comment:

• TheMadLibs
    replied
    It's like 2014 wbb all over again except better Gannon coach 😂

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

They lost control midway thru the first half. Both coaches were unhappy. But it wasn't just Palek and Collins. I saw Hall with two different nut shots during the game, one on Omajafo and one on Anderson, during 2nd half.

I absolutely agree Hobbs can be a liability. He hot dogs like he's hitting 7 3s a game of and makes me nuts. And Omajafo has a chip from last season for sure. But that Cal team behaves like they have multiple Nattys and deserve every call.

It was a tense and back and forth game. I think Fee continues to learn to never back down. I thought he got that from the SRU game but after tonight, I hope there are a few end of game layups to close out our next win v Cal.
    If I was betting, you'll play Cal two more times.

Leave a comment:

• TheMadLibs
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Officials didn't lose control at the end. They had zero control the whole game which is why that mess ended up happening. Palek, Collins, Omojafo and Hobbs were douche rags the whole game. It just finally boiled over at the end.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Officials didn't lose control at the end. They had zero control the whole game which is why that mess ended up happening. Palek, Collins, Omojafo and Hobbs were douche rags the whole game. It just finally boiled over at the end.
    Maybe those jackas$es get it out of their systems. They all need humbled eventually.

That ghetto playground crap they pulled today doesn't fly in March.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    That was so gd classless by Collins and the fact he did it tells me more about his coach. Palek is gonna find himself in **** with officials soon. What a punk. Officials absolutely lost control near the end and that ending was partially on them. Soured my mood so gd much.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I don't think he was ejected. Gannon didn't shoot free throws but Cal did.
    2 T's is an ejection.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    That was so gd classless by Collins and the fact he did it tells me more about his coach. Palek is gonna find himself in **** with officials soon. What a punk. Officials absolutely lost control near the end and that ending was partially on them. Soured my mood so gd much.

As always, speed of the captain, speed of the crew.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-04-2024, 03:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheMadLibs
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I don't think he was ejected. Gannon didn't shoot free throws but Cal did.

Leave a comment:

• TheMadLibs
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

GU in a brawl. Steve Murray already destroying tapes lol
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-04-2024, 03:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheMadLibs
    replied
    Lols at rent-a-gym. Can only hope the horrible colors play with both cal teams' depth perception.

You covered most of my feelings on this match-up. Wednesdays tight game against Seton Hill may be the best thing to happen to Gannon. Since that Cal game is, the freshmen have nearly all stepped up, Tipton is less tiptoeing for a drive in the post when available, they've had a comeback win at Clarion, a lost lead, and OT win at the Rock, and held on to a lead at home with Seton Hill. I'm still concerned about the height but this system is not worried about that as much as I. Fee has experimented with rotations and learned more about the style of play in the division and his new to him team. He pretty much had stopped playing a few long wings around the Millersville loss and they started to reenter his rotation at the Rock. That said, Cals health is greatly improved and obviously that helps. Impressed with their returners and ability to hit a deep shot and drive, speed in transition, and post defense.

Big question for me is will a 3rd game in 8 days with a fast paced game be to Gannon another advantage to Cals 4th game? Here's hoping. This one could be as critical a game remaining in the regular season, given the West hosts this season and GU still plays IUP with Clark on the road.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X