Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    High drama at Tippin. PWUC taking Slip to OT
    That would be PWCL wouldn't it? Need to differentiate it from the California Campus team (PWCA?).

Comment

• Happy gambling, you degenerates. Interesting (complicated) lineup today. Good luck.

Mercyhurst at California - The Vulcans are still in the mix to host the Regional. Mercyhurst is a much different (better) team than it was the first two months. The Lakers were able to slow the Vulcans down in the first meeting (Cal scored 77 points, well below its average), however, the problem was Mercyhurst couldn't score (just 60 points). Fresh of a spirited, close loss to Gannon, this roadtrip to Angelo's Dome is a quick-turnaround -and, likely hangover game for Gary Manchel and Company. Cal spent Wednesday night hammering a completely over-matched UPJ. Take the much-fresher Vulcans today. That said, it should be closer than the first meeting. Say a prayer for the zebra crew. They are in for a rough, rough day. Cal -7.5

East Stroudsburg at Millersville - The one glaring blemish on the Marauders' shiny 21-4 resume came at East Stroudsburg. Millersville just didn't lose that game back in January. The Marauders got blown out of the building (98-77). A week ago, Millersville needed an OT period to knock off Mansfield, but had a 'get right' game against Kutztown earlier this week. ESU has been pretty much hammering most teams not named Lock Haven. Tough game to pick. First place in the East goes to the winner (for now). Millersville will surely be fired up at home and out for revenge. This is without question the game of the day in the PSAC (and Atlantic Region). To further confuse things, Millersville blew out Gannon. Gannon blew out East Stroudsburg. Both teams are hot. The first game could have been a fluke. Maybe it wasn't. Warriors -3.5

Shepherd at Bloomsburg - The battle for the last spot in the East is so bad (or, perhaps, good?) that the Rams have lost two straight and somehow clinched the fifth spot. The Huskies have to win out to even have a shot at catching Mansfield for the final spot. Bloomsburg has dealt with a smorgasboard of bad luck and injuries this year -- yet, sometimes remains competitive. The wins have just been rare. Shepherd, despite its 10-14 record, is playing fairly well of late. The Rams are the clear favorite today. The thought of that is scary in itself. Shepherd -7.5

West Chester at Mansfield - Whatever amount you think about betting on this game ... just burn the money and save yourself the agony. The Mounties are actually red hot. A week ago they lost to Millersville in OT (on the road) and this past Wednesday knocked off Lock Haven. West Chester is fresh off a field day against Shippensburg -- and at times look like one of the best teams in the league. The negative for both teams is just when they start to look great, they tend to put up a total dud performance. Both will be scary to play in the conference tournament (assuming Mansfield makes it). Flip a coin in this one. WCU -1.5

IUP at Slippery Rock - Morrow Fieldhouse nearly sells out one game a year. That game is today. IUP isn't near its usual attraction, but that won't matter in Slippery Rock. A wounded, hated animal is on the way to town. The Rock got beat up in the KCAC and was down more than 20 points late in the game. A lot has changed, however, in the past month. IUP is sputtering - the annual effect of playing 6 guys for a full season is showing its ugly head. SRU, playing very well of late, will be out for revenge. The Crimson Hawks better be ready or they will get hammered. IUP will have to deal with a rowdy crowd, annual scoreboard malfunctions at 'interesting' times, etc. Joe Lombardi has struggled inside Morrow over the years, although he has won his past several trips. Today may add to the list of past misery. IUP could bounce back, but the gamblers typically lean with recent momentum. IUP has not been playing well. SRU -5.5

Edinboro at Seton Hill - With Mercyhurst likely to lose today, a Griffins win will move them ahead of the Lakers (by a full game). It won't be easy. Edinboro is playing pretty well. The Scots' record is deceiving the past month. They aren't an easy out. Seton Hill, however, is one of the hotter teams in the league the past three weeks. They've lost some really tight games to really good teams -- and also are fresh of their first ever win in Indiana. Expect a close game for about 30 minutes. Griffins pull away in the final 10 minutes or so. The McKenna Magic prevails. SH -7.5

Pitt-Johnstown at Gannon - Better days are ahead for the young Mountain Cats. Those days won't arrive, however, until next year. Today will be painful. There's a chance the Knights could be a little sluggish coming off their win over rival Mercyhurst. But, Gannon has waves of players. UPJ is in a battle with IUP to see who can play a full game of ironman basketball this season. Knights pull away -- big -- in the second half. Gannon -21.5

Shippensburg at Lock Haven - The Raiders have had an interesting past two games. In the first one, they put up a very spirited effort in a hard-fought loss to East Stroudsburg. The next game, at West Chester, they were blown out of the arena. How will Chris Fite's crew play today in one of the most awkward gyms in the league? With either ESU or Millersville guaranteed to lose today, this is a huge game for Lock Haven (fresh off a glaring upset loss to Mansfield). The Bald Eagles need to take care of business and avoid a let-down showing. Their NCAA hopes took a big blow this week. It can't happen again. LH -9.5

Comment

• Hurst +7.5
        ESU -3.5
        Bloom +7.5
        WCU -1.5
        IUP +5.5
        SH -7.5
        Gannon -21.5
        LH -9.5

Comment

• The line is OFF in the IUP game due to the SRU active roster.

New line IUP -4.5

Update: That didn't age real well.
          Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-25-2024, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• Two rare Sunday games today.

The West matchup should be a slaughter (UPJ at Gannon).

The East game could be a little more entertaining. I'd assume Ship is going to get a pretty re-focused Lock Haven.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Two rare Sunday games today.

The West matchup should be a slaughter (UPJ at Gannon).

The East game could be a little more entertaining. I'd assume Ship is going to get a pretty re-focused Lock Haven.
              ESU lost the East Saturday at Millersville. The cold start by the Warriors cost them in the end. Even though they tied the game late, they used so much energy getting back into the game. As the Warriors look for a 1st round bye. I'm still waiting for them to play their best game. It may have been the home win v Millersville...

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

ESU lost the East Saturday at Millersville. The cold start by the Warriors cost them in the end. Even though they tied the game late, they used so much energy getting back into the game. As the Warriors look for a 1st round bye. I'm still waiting for them to play their best game. It may have been the home win v Millersville...
                I watched the last 10 mins or so. Looked like a wild atmosphere in there. Both teams looked solid.

Comment

• Blowout City this weekend ...

​​​​​​

Of the (8) PSAC games, (6) were decided by 20 or more points.

Seems the strong are gearing up and hitting their stride ... and the rest are starting to pack it in.

Comment

The line is OFF in the IUP game due to the SRU active roster.

New line IUP -4.5

Update: That didn't age real well.
                    I had IUP +5.5 when this thing went live originally... Oooof...

Please get me a winner on Wednesday LOL. You bumping the line up from Massey in the Mercyhurst game last week killed me.... Ugh..

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Please get me a winner on Wednesday LOL. You bumping the line up from Massey in the Mercyhurst game last week killed me.... Ugh..
                      Lol. I set them. How you bet them is on you.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

It's tough this late. Some are peaking and gearing up ... and others are in banquet mode.
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

It's tough this late. Some are peaking and gearing up ... and others are in banquet mode.
                          ​​​​​​
                          I was printing money in January when most of your spreads were within 5 points. Now it's mostly things in double digits, or very close to it, and that gets dicey.

I've lost twice on Gannon now. Done betting those clowns lol.

Comment

Blowout City this weekend ...

​​​​​​

Of the (8) PSAC games, (6) were decided by 20 or more points.

Seems the strong are gearing up and hitting their stride ... and the rest are starting to pack it in.
                            Ship continued its annoying habit this season of playing one half per game. It doesn't work.

Comment

• Updated Standings (Men's)

-
                              TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
                              Gannon 19-2 25-2 W14
                              California 17-3 23-3 W5
                              IUP 13-7 16-10 L2
                              Slippery Rock 12-8 14-12 W3
                              Seton Hill 10-10 15-11 W2
                              Mercyhurst 9-11 13-15 L2
                              Edinboro 6-14 7-19 L2
                              Clarion 5-15 7-19 L4
                              Pitt-Johnstown 4-17 6-21 L3
                              -

Notes:

* California could still catch Gannon but needs some help. The Vulcans host IUP tomorrow and travel to Edinboro this weekend. California will be heavily favored in both games.

* Gannon is off tomorrow and will travel to Seton Hill this Saturday. The Griffins are hot - and, gave GU all it could handle in Erie. The McKenna Center can be a tricky place to play. Having to play Gannon (and run around like crazy) won't do any favors for Seton Hill come the Monday night quick turnaround.

* Tournament Monday is going to be interesting. Slippery Rock plays at Mercyhurst this Saturday. They could play again 48 hours later in Morrow Fieldhouse.

* IUP has lost two straight and is a heavy underdog tomorrow at California. The Hawks will host either Seton Hill or Mercyhurst. Joe's getting a zone one way or another.

* There's no question this has been a dissapointing season in Clarion. Question is will Damian Pitts survive this (current 7-19) season? The Golden Eagles are loaded with talented freshmen and sophomores. If he were to be let go and a mass Portal exodous follows, other teams would be sprinting up there to get ahold of some of them. This is a team that could explode next year. I hope the administration gives him another season. Hopefully they see the forest through the trees.

Comment

Updated Standings (Men's)

-
                                TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
                                Gannon 19-2 25-2 W14
                                California 17-3 23-3 W5
                                IUP 13-7 16-10 L2
                                Slippery Rock 12-8 14-12 W3
                                Seton Hill 10-10 15-11 W2
                                Mercyhurst 9-11 13-15 L2
                                Edinboro 6-14 7-19 L2
                                Clarion 5-15 7-19 L4
                                Pitt-Johnstown 4-17 6-21 L3
                                -

Notes:

* California could still catch Gannon but needs some help. The Vulcans host IUP tomorrow and travel to Edinboro this weekend. California will be heavily favored in both games.

* Gannon is off tomorrow and will travel to Seton Hill this Saturday. The Griffins are hot - and, gave GU all it could handle in Erie. The McKenna Center can be a tricky place to play. Having to play Gannon (and run around like crazy) won't do any favors for Seton Hill come the Monday night quick turnaround.

* Tournament Monday is going to be interesting. Slippery Rock plays at Mercyhurst this Saturday. They could play again 48 hours later in Morrow Fieldhouse.

* IUP has lost two straight and is a heavy underdog tomorrow at California. The Hawks will host either Seton Hill or Mercyhurst. Joe's getting a zone one way or another.

* There's no question this has been a dissapointing season in Clarion. Question is will Damian Pitts survive this (current 7-19) season? The Golden Eagles are loaded with talented freshmen and sophomores. If he were to be let go and a mass Portal exodous follows, other teams would be sprinting up there to get ahold of some of them. This is a team that could explode next year. I hope the administration gives him another season. Hopefully they see the forest through the trees.
                                I think Clarion will hesitate to do anything with Pitts. Obviously they're struggling but they also had trouble filling the women's job, so I doubt they'd want to take the chance that happens with the men's job.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X