Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Atlantic Regional

Just looking at West Chester ... they still have to play (at) Kutztown, (at) East Stroudsburg and (host) Shippensburg in addition to the PSAC Tournament.

It's going to get real interesting over the next 2-3 weeks.

It's going to likely be a mess with numerous teams with similar records. That SOS is going to be a huge factor on selection day.

Comment

They also have wins against IUP,@gannon, kutztown and east stroudsburg. Many psac west teams record against top teams are a lot weaker. More than one psac west team would be a shocker.

Comment

I 100% agree. There is a ton of basketball with all those teams playing each other. IUP for example has 2 with Gannon, Edinboro, UPJ, Seton Hill, Cal which all could result in losses and that's not counting the PSAC tourney... YIKES!!! The East is in the same boat with all of them playing each other. February is going to be a great month of basketball.

Comment

Yep. It will be interesting.

Gannon still has to play IUP twice and Slippery Rock. They aren't winning all three.

It will work itself out. Always does.

Comment

Gannon's margin for error has been greatly reduced, possibly to near zero with last night's loss at Seton Hill. Agree that it will be nearly impossible to win both against IUP and home against SRU. Road games at Edinboro and Mercyhurst also won't be easy.

Comment

Take this ranking for what it is .. but it's the SOS ranking put out by HERO Sports for D2 men's basketball (as of today). Lower ranking means higher SOS.

I've included teams on our list (above).

NW Missouri St. - No. 1 (most difficult schedule in the country per this formula)

IUP - No. 156
              Kutztown - No. 185
              Fairmont - No. 191
              Gannon - No. 206
              Shippensburg - No. 208
              Wheeling Jesuit - No. 220
              Virginia State - No. 229
              Slippery Rock - No. 232
              East Stroudsburg - No. 235
              West Chester - No. 237
              West Liberty - No. 291

Source: https://herosports.com/rankings/coll...ens-basketball

Comment

I like to look at this site. They try to factor in sos. Rankings were before last nights games.

http://www.talismanred.com/ratings/h...visionii.shtml

Comment

My guess at who gets in:

LOCKS: WL, WJ, SHIP
                  Almost locks to make it: WC, Fairmont, IUP
                  Bottom 2: ESU and Va State

Not making it: SRU--Not enough or any big wins.
                  Kutztown--won't have 4 teams from PSAC East, so they are out.

That's a pretty deep regional right there....

Comment

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post
                    I like to look at this site. They try to factor in sos. Rankings were before last nights games.

http://www.talismanred.com/ratings/h...visionii.shtml
                    Umm....
                    Granted I'm a hair biased here, but talismanred has WL at #59 and IUP at #61. They should shut down the site, based on that right now. No way.

Comment

Comment

There's not an elite team in the Atlantic this year. WL has a fancy record but played a very weak schedule and split with Fairmont. IUP blew Fairmont out and held them to 59 points.

The national title drought will continue. There are numerous very good teams but I don't see any in the Atlantic being good enough to get that far.

Shippensburg would be my pick if the regional was this weekend. They have the best balance and the best player. Ship is also very strong defensively.

Comment

To much basketball to play still.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            There's not an elite team in the Atlantic this year. WL has a fancy record but played a very weak schedule and split with Fairmont. IUP blew Fairmont out and held them to 59 points.

The national title drought will continue. There are numerous very good teams but I don't see any in the Atlantic being good enough to get that far.

Shippensburg would be my pick if the regional was this weekend. They have the best balance and the best player. Ship is also very strong defensively.
                            Really looking forward to seeing shippensburg play mercyhurst this weekend. Shippensburg has been beating some good teams lately by pretty big margins.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Not sure I'd hang my hat on that. Different times of season, home (Fairmont has 32+ straight at home) vs away, etc.

Comment

I get it. I was just trying to say I don't think there's an elite team this year. Fairmont only lost by 6 points at WL. WL has the best record but also played the weakest schedule. I think you could toss the Top 8 in a gym four consecutive weekends and get four different winners. Most years that wouldn't be the case.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X