Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PSAC hoops at the Gate

You mean there aren't a few thousand of them that can go to a game and act like fools for a few hours?

LOL ... at IUP? No chance. If they could get a few hundred at a basketball game it would be a good start. Forget a few thousand.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      You mean there aren't a few thousand of them that can go to a game and act like fools for a few hours?

LOL ... at IUP? No chance. If they could get a few hundred at a basketball game it would be a good start. Forget a few thousand.
      Don't they get in for free?

Comment

They sure do ... and they sure don't come.

On a real good night ... you may get about 300-350 students at a game.

The best student turnout of the year is usually the night the frats play musical chairs at halftime. But, they all leave as soon as their event is over.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
          I'd tell them they need to move.

Tell me the plight of rural Indiana County.

Tell me that none if it is their fault.
          So first it is their fault for not bringing in a new industry or means of economic sustenance. Now, they should move. Many have. But not everyone has a good education like us or some are basically locked in due to family circumstances.

I just don't understand your logic here. You're just not displaying a lot of comprehension here on the matter.

But yes, everyone probably should move. The Ruddock/Baker reassessment was probably the final blow to the area. Many have left already.

-

Comment

They sure do ... and they sure don't come.

On a real good night ... you may get about 300-350 students at a game.

The best student turnout of the year is usually the night the frats play musical chairs at halftime. But, they all leave as soon as their event is over.
            Well if its not on TV, it must not matter - right.

We'll see what crowd we get on wednesday, with ESPN being in town. Also, its employee appreciation night, so IUP employees get in free - that's usually good for a few hundred.

Comment

Is ESPN actually broadcasting and using their crews or are they just 'streaming' the game similar to how PCN just ran the IUP broadcast?

Comment

Is ESPN actually broadcasting and using their crews or are they just 'streaming' the game similar to how PCN just ran the IUP broadcast?
                Its ESPN3 so its the same as SportsFever: local production using ESPN3 for distribution.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                  Its ESPN3 so its the same as SportsFever: local production using ESPN3 for distribution.
                  It's not the IUP production though. There will be pro sportscasters and Camera people - not sure who.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                    It's not the IUP production though. There will be pro sportscasters and Camera people - not sure who.
                    Sorry - meant something similar to SportsFever.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                      So first it is their fault for not bringing in a new industry or means of economic sustenance. Now, they should move. Many have. But not everyone has a good education like us or some are basically locked in due to family circumstances.

I just don't understand your logic here. You're just not displaying a lot of comprehension here on the matter.

But yes, everyone probably should move. The Ruddock/Baker reassessment was probably the final blow to the area. Many have left already.

-
                      How many of them have gone out to get some new job skills? Many are just waiting for the coal jobs to come back.

My logic is that rural PA wanted Philly to just go drop dead when it was teetering on the brink in the 70's and 80's and rural areas were doing much better.

Now we in the urban areas are now supposed to care that rural PA is sinking while places like Philly and Pittsburgh figured out how to come out of their economic spiral on their own.

The good old days are not coming back. The factories that once employed Philadelphians didn't come back.

That is my logic. Cheeto is not bringing back 1955 and the coal jobs.

The people of Indiana County need to figure out what it is they want to be as a community. I'm sure there is something that can make the area prosperous again. I have no idea what that is...but if people come together and try...who know? IUP can be part of that.

I mean...one would think the fracking would have done something for the local economy. Oh wait...Republicans didn't want to levy any taxes on it like every other fracking state does and use that to help the local communities. I mean....the places where they are drilling should be getting the most benefit from the money it's generating...but from what I hear that's not happening.
                      Last edited by IUPNation; 02-20-2018, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Comment

Then stop worrying about attendance. it's a stupid thing to worry about.

Worry about if you all go or not. Not who else is going or not.

Comment

Then stop worrying about attendance. it's a stupid thing to worry about.

Worry about if you all go or not. Not who else is going or not.
                            I think that's the PSAC Mission Statement. Lol.

Comment

Also, a good point. Get your behinds to Joe's House tomorrow night.

Big crowds in basketball can really boost the home team -- and get in the heads of the visitors.

Look no further than the IUP vs SRU game at the KCAC. The crowd played a HUGE role in that game.

That's why the topic bothers me. I could care less how much money the KCAC makes. I want the homecourt advantage ... not a bingo hall at the Elks.

Just Sayin'

(Why is that funny every time?)

Comment

How many of them have gone out to get some new job skills? Many are just waiting for the coal jobs to come back.

My logic is that rural PA wanted Philly to just go drop dead when it was teetering on the brink in the 70's and 80's and rural areas were doing much better.

Now we in the urban areas are now supposed to care that rural PA is sinking while places like Philly and Pittsburgh figured out how to come out of their economic spiral on their own.

The good old days are not coming back. The factories that once employed Philadelphians didn't come back.

That is my logic. Cheeto is not bringing back 1955 and the coal jobs.

The people of Indiana County need to figure out what it is they want to be as a community. I'm sure there is something that can make the area prosperous again. I have no idea what that is...but if people come together and try...who know? IUP can be part of that.

I mean...one would think the fracking would have done something for the local economy. Oh wait...Republicans didn't want to levy any taxes on it like every other fracking state does and use that to help the local communities. I mean....the places where they are drilling should be getting the most benefit from the money it's generating...but from what I hear that's not happening.
                                Not being taxed to death and out of home would be a real good place to start!

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X