Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calu wbb '18-'19

Sunday morning searching led me here. I'm confident JESS STROM will stay at CALU for the foreseeable future UNLESS her dream job becomes available...HC of the LADY LIONS. COQUESE WASHINGTON signed a contract extension with PSU after a less the stellar '14-'15 season at 7-24. Based on her previous 5 year record , 123-45, that likely seemed reasonable. However, the last 5 years have been far less encouraging, 69-85 and as far as I can find her contract is up this year. Should the powers that be in HAPPY VALLEY decide to explore other directions, I think it is a reasonable assumption that JS would at least make a call. Given her heritage there I think she would be given the courtesy of an interview. Then it would be a question of who else steps forward. As the season winds down these questions become less hypothetical. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
      Sunday morning searching led me here. I'm confident JESS STROM will stay at CALU for the foreseeable future UNLESS her dream job becomes available...HC of the LADY LIONS. COQUESE WASHINGTON signed a contract extension with PSU after a less the stellar '14-'15 season at 7-24. Based on her previous 5 year record , 123-45, that likely seemed reasonable. However, the last 5 years have been far less encouraging, 69-85 and as far as I can find her contract is up this year. Should the powers that be in HAPPY VALLEY decide to explore other directions, I think it is a reasonable assumption that JS would at least make a call. Given her heritage there I think she would be given the courtesy of an interview. Then it would be a question of who else steps forward. As the season winds down these questions become less hypothetical. Time will tell.
      Last edited by Feedoggie; 03-04-2019, 10:52 PM.

Comment

I also would love to keep JS, but if the PSU HC position comes open, I feel certain she would apply. JS and KM overlapped 3 yrs at PSU. KM was the obvious 1st option, but JS was PORTLAND'S PG from the start and much like MIKI GLENN, was the coach's voice on the court. Can't say why but you're correct there is a chill between them. Obviously if they both applied for the hypothetical HC job, PSU fans would likely be happy with the choice.

Comment

By all reports Mazzante doesn't even want the IUP job let alone PSU. Granted I rarely watch the ladies' games.

I've never seen any riff between the two. During the actual game window they get to interact for, what, a minute? Not sure what you're expecting? It's not exactly 5 p.m. at the local bar.

PSU is a giant step up the food chain.

The St. Francis opening may be more realistic if either wanted to move up.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            By all reports Mazzante doesn't even want the IUP job let alone PSU. Granted I rarely watch the ladies' games.

I've never seen any riff between the two. During the actual game window they get to interact for, what, a minute? Not sure what you're expecting? It's not exactly 5 p.m. at the local bar.

PSU is a giant step up the food chain.

The St. Francis opening may be more realistic if either wanted to move up.
            I guess the "chill", if there is one, is that they ONLY Interact for a minute. These were 3 year teammates not so long ago and you'd think they might have more to chat about than the basic formalities. Not really important.
            Not saying that either would be a sure thing for the LADY LIONS HC job, but if they expressed interest, they likely would get an interview.
            Similar situation here in QUEENS where the RED STORM of ST JOHNS had been more like a summer shower after LOU CARNASECCA retired. They went through several big name coaches to no avail. Until they chose JOHNNIES legend CHRIS MULLIN to try his hand at coaching his alma mater. They went through a couple of growing pains years, but he seems to have turned the corner and at 20-8 look good to go back to MM this year.
            Obviously JS has an edge in coaching and recruiting experience over KM, but my guess is either could do a credible job at BRYCE JORDAN certainly better than the current 12-15, 3rd from the bottom BT. We'll have some indication soon.

Comment

Final week of the season was disappointing to say the least. With a lot of really positive outcomes available the VULCANS once again stumbled over a team they should have beaten and nearly a second one. Uninspiring play in both games is hard to explain. Having moved up to second in the regional rankings all that was needed was to win out and hope for VUU to stumble and the ATLANTIC might come back to the Valley. Now with BORO likely the first opponent in the PSAC, this team could fall to the 5-8 spot after a 6-7 hr bus ride to Richmond. Just going to be a really tough road with BORO, KUTZ and IUP in the way but winning the PSAC is really the only way to end up in a 2-4 slot down South. Time will tell.

Comment

Comment

Thank goodness for small favors. GANNON isn't a pushover but should be manageable. Thankful we didn't get SHU either as they seem to be this year's late bloomer. IUP may have their hands full.

Comment

Thank goodness for small favors. GANNON isn't a pushover but should be manageable. Thankful we didn't get SHU either as they seem to be this year's late bloomer. IUP may have their hands full.

Comment

• Re: Calu wbb '18-'19

Comment

Manageable was a fairly apt description of this game. Though GU stayed in it throughout,they never seemed ready or able to build a lead. Better than average from the field and the line allowed the VULCANS to maintain a 5-10 pt lead and taking advantage of turnovers (43 pts) made it a boring FT shooting contest but a W none the less. Apparently the finals are in K'TOWN, though I'm not sure why. BU and KU had the same conference record and the HUSKIES had a better overall, so if anyone knows why fill me in. Next up the G BEARS on Saturday. IUP may get another shot at CALU.

Comment

Manageable was a fairly apt description of this game. Though GU stayed in it throughout,they never seemed ready or able to build a lead. Better than average from the field and the line allowed the VULCANS to maintain a 5-10 pt lead and taking advantage of turnovers (43 pts) made it a boring FT shooting contest but a W none the less. Apparently the finals are in K'TOWN, though I'm not sure why. BU and KU had the same conference record and the HUSKIES had a better overall, so if anyone knows why fill me in. Next up the G BEARS on Saturday. IUP may get another shot at CALU.

Comment

Still confused. KU lost to BU by 7 on 1/5 then beat them by 5 on 2/6. What's the next tiebreaker ?

Comment

[QUO[/QUOTE]

Comment

[quote=calupa69;2360810]

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X